[POLL] Do you want to see mechanics from the Forge and Gorge added in Return of Them

poll  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Forge Mechanics you would like

• Tougher and interesting-er bosses
    • Certain weapons with special abilities
    • Pugna DLC
    • No Forge
  2. 2. Gorge Mechanics you would like

• The immersive amazing crop farm mechanics
    • The nice cooking mechanics
    • NPCs which you can trade/buy stuff with at special places in the world such as Pig Village or something, ect.
    • PLATES!!!
    • Mumsy and Billy NPCs living somewhere in the constant
    • No Gorge
  3. 3. Beefalo Trader

• I want him as a DLC character
    • no
    • Add him as an NPC somewhere which you can trade with

Personally, I want the Gorge's amazing cooking and great crop mechanics in DST instead of the basic farm plots and crockpots we have now. Though I would be fine if they remain with the Gorge counter parts having different benefits such as being able to make more fancy foods with the Gorge stuff and the Gorge style farmplots can have multiple crops grown on them, but grow slower or something and require fertilization. Also, being able to plate food would be cool too, maybe add a small sanity bonus when eating it off a plate. Maybe even plates with special effects such as a blue gemstone plate which makes the food on it spoil slower, ect.

I also would like some special weapons from the Forge, maybe not so over the top like the forge was but some cool moves for certain weapons would be nice and more interesting bosses like the Grand Gorge Boarrior and Infernal Swineclops.

Enemies (specially bosses) using new abilities depending on how much health they have is a great idea: is a nice way to know how weak the enemy is, and it also makes it harder to kill as the battle progresses. We already have Deerclops' laser eye which could be given to it when it is below 50% health.

Weapons having secondary abilities would be nice, but could be tricky to do. Just imagine a weapon that has an amazing ability, and you have an entire inventory just to be able to use it almost non-stop... Plus I don't know how this could affect lag. And this is not considering usability.

Farming and cooking from Gorge was cool and immersive, I definitely want it back. Even better if we could use endothermic firepits for newer different recipes (think of ice cream, for example xD). Of course, some of the vegetables we have in-game are fruits that come from trees: durian, pomegranate, and dragon fruit; trees could be added for them, of course. Everything else would be fine with Gorge's farming mechanics though.

Would also be lovely if Mumsy, Billie, Sammy and Pipton come back and make trades. As for the plates... I don't know, has potential, but sounds like the farm plots: only will be used for specific things; I voted for it though...

EDIT: it is a bit late, but want to add: I want a recipe book in game to keep track of recipes and ingredients to use. A million times better if it gives faint info on the recipe stats.

10 hours ago, Faultz said:

You didnt add the option of no for mechanics

I mean you can just not vote, but okay.

28 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Unless the forge and gorge aren't coming back, then put them in the game.

I mean personally I feel that they shouldn't just keep the event stuff exclusive to the events, wasn't the whole event stuff to test out new things that they can add to the base game?

29 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

I mean you can just not vote, but okay.

It is still a good idea to place a "no" option as it gives more insight in what people think. Right now only people that want the stuff are going to vote, how many that do not want the mechanics have not voted? Although I can understand that it is tricky to add a "do not want" in a multiple selection question (as things like: "I do not want anything from the Forge", but "I want weapon abilities" could happen).

In general, I would like to see more interesting fights. Ancient Fuel Weaver is by far my favorite DST boss because the fight isn't "smack n times and move away, smack n times, move away." And that's part of why I loved the Forge. I like the more in-depth strategies where a ham bat and some football helmets isn't enough.

I voted for bosses and weapons.

I liked how the bosses got progressively more difficult as the Forge progressed requiring the use of additional armor and stronger weapons.

I would like to see new raid style bosses added that require new powerful weapons to defeat. These new weapons would make current Giants a cake walk but  the new weapons and raid bosses wouldn't become available until all the current Giants are defeated at least once.

Or maybe a difficulty moderator is added so that current Giants get stronger as more time passes in the world. That way the new weapons would be needed to defeat them as well.

1 minute ago, UncleMikeE said:

Or maybe a difficulty moderator is added so that current Giants get stronger as more time passes in the world.

Oh that would be so awesome if like past 100 days or something the existing bosses got access to 1-2 new moves, are stronger than before, and maybe have better AI or are less predictable. Especially if new cool weapons were added with special abilities like the buster sword's parrying, hammer smash attack, ect. it would be more balanced.

Personally all mobs getting tougher past certain amount of days passed like Terraria's hardmode when you beat the wall of flesh I think would be cool. Like if you do some special event or survive a long time then everything in the world becomes more dangerous and maybe even access to new stuff to help survive this harder world.

1 hour ago, Warbucks said:

Oh that would be so awesome if like past 100 days or something the existing bosses got access to 1-2 new moves, are stronger than before, and maybe have better AI or are less predictable. Especially if new cool weapons were added with special abilities like the buster sword's parrying, hammer smash attack, ect. it would be more balanced.

Personally all mobs getting tougher past certain amount of days passed like Terraria's hardmode when you beat the wall of flesh I think would be cool. Like if you do some special event or survive a long time then everything in the world becomes more dangerous and maybe even access to new stuff to help survive this harder world.

Are you truly warbucks or... A dazzling maxwell thats got a white mustache and glasses? 

Definetly new weapons. 

We have lots of weapons in DST but a lot of new players say that the game lacks a big sense of progression; as it isn't for example like minecraft where you have gear that obviously gets better and is easier to upgrade. 

A new weapon skill system or even a repair system is really necesary.

5 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

Why? Becuase if they do, the update wouldn't be unique or new.

I believe the base game should be made as great as possible because that's what everybody plays DST for, not the events which come out once a year or may not even come out again.

I mean the events are fun, but after repeating them several times it gets stale really fast and they're out only once a year while the base game is playable always and doesn't get stale with many things you can add to it like different worldgen, mods, many friends, mods, ect.

Just imagine if Klei didn't add oceans in return of them to make SW feel more unique compared to DST.. then we wouldn't have this great new content right now.

I'm not saying for Klei to just copypaste the Forge mobs, Forge weapons, Gorge crockpot food. They can add different things (not that I would mind if they copypaste) I just think it would be good to add the better more complex mechanics into DST then DST can feel more fun to play as a whole.

The Recipe Book Interface from the Gorge is something I would have liked to see implemented in the game. I would argue that for newer players, it can show them that there are many recipes that one can make in a crockpot, in several different ways. It also forget how to make stuff that I rarely make from time to time, such as Ice Cream. It could also encourage me to eat a more diverse palate and I would say it would be a great addition to the game alongside Warly's release (though I can only dream). 

That's all I wanted.

4 hours ago, lakhnish said:

The Recipe Book Interface from the Gorge is something I would have liked to see implemented in the game. I would argue that for newer players, it can show them that there are many recipes that one can make in a crockpot, in several different ways. It also forget how to make stuff that I rarely make from time to time, such as Ice Cream. It could also encourage me to eat a more diverse palate and I would say it would be a great addition to the game alongside Warly's release (though I can only dream). 

That's all I wanted.

Yes, this is something I completely forgot in my comment! I added it in an edit now. A recipe book would definitely make the crock pot more interesting (it is already useful, but right now it is mostly a meatball producing machine xD).

Mechanics! Forge added new combat mechanics with weapon variety, abilities, and unique AI/attack types for basic mobs, and the Gorge did the same with food in general.

Ancient Guardian could use updated combat mechanics, but basic mobs need some love, too.

I would like to see food that is not used almost at all to have some buffs like : resistance to heat/cold, increase movement speed,increase health,increase damage dealing,decrease damage taken,decrease food consumption rate,decrease sanity degenaration,increase sanity generation,give the ability to see in darkness,increase harvesting speed,increase crafting speed,increase harvest amount,making it easier to befriend certain creatures. Of course having in mind duration,how many times per day/days someone can use it etc.

I really like the salesperson NPC idea. Something they could add in a salesman pig that lives near pig king and he sells 3 items and restocks every day. Then pig villages would be a bit more intricate (but never as intricate as hamlet) and will make you think twice about destroying an entire pig village.

Archived