Cut Content

-Variant

So... Hamlet is officially out... EDIT: Yes I know about the old threads now, thank you.

But, here's something I wanted to bring up. 

The cut content... I'm no topic creator so please excuse me here, but a lot of people are making themselves heard when it comes to the lack of content Hamlet has brought us.
Now, Hamlet is amazing, and gorgeous to look at, don't get me wrong. 
However... I feel there's a lot of material that's gone to waste here. 
Hell, some of it is even finished! Things like the Zeb and Snap Dragon would REALLY spice up those bland islands people seem to be talking about.
Keep them out of the first island, it's hectic enough there.
But someplace like the Herald island would be amazing to house Zebs and Snapdragons! It's large and vast!

Things like the cut items would be welcome, too. Things such as the Fog buster, the Hay Fever Hat, and some of the lesser known animals like the Sporkbill would be wonderful sights.

This way you can use the stuff you've already made, not work too hard making "new" content, and satisfy a large amount of people.

Thoughts?

I agree some of the data mined cut content mostly mobs would liven up the hamlet, although I don’t know if we should expect anything besides fixing some bits of Hamlet. Also you can find all of the old threads in the new beta archive for Hamlet.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

I would like to see these things in game, but we don’t know why they were cut. Maybe they were never finished or never worked properly? Maybe the devs decided they were OP? 

Didn't really mean for them to just outright slap them in.

I mean like, rework and then slide them in.
Some things like the Snap Dragon had a cool concept, but they crashed. I'd still like to see them in.

They walked around and pooped flowers, and seemed to be in herds. Kill one for a Whispering Seed which would seemingly tame Snap Teeth as hinted by the code.

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Didn't really mean for them to just outright slap them in.

I mean like, rework and then slide them in.
Some things like the Snap Dragon had a cool concept, but they crashed. I'd still like to see them in.

They walked around and pooped flowers, and seemed to be in herds. Kill one for a Whispering Seed which would seemingly tame Snap Teeth as hinted by the code.

That sounds cool as ****.

Maybe when the "Home Pond Home" update comes along in over a year's time.

Hamlet is unfinished plane and simple

i don't think they can for three reasons

1 lack of funds

they gave out at least 1200 copies for free i mean its nice to be charitable Klei but that was simply too much you are still a company Klei like at most maybe a sizable discount or small things along the line but just giving away hundreds of copies that really hampered the profits

2 divided team

self explanatory they just lacked all their staff

3 due date...

the devs themselves stated that they aren't good with time constraints yet they still did one

i dont think Hamlet is salvageable it's just not going to make enough profit for the company i believe it may just be overlooked and tossed away like Warbucks

shame.

10 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

As interesting as cut content can be, I'd rather the devs concern themselves over the current state of the game than trying to work in concepts they dropped a while ago.

9 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I think people overreact too much to cut content. Most stuff you probably never even got fully programmed in before they decided to axe it. There is plenty of cut content in SW and original DS as well.

I'd rather them fix Hamlet before adding new stuff, too.
But the point still stands, a fixed Hamlet is good, but a fixed one with new content is better.

Also, the reason I bring up the ones I did is because they're already coded in, just (for the most part) "turned off". 
The ones I listed are spawnable, most of them.

There's others in the files I haven't listed, which are mostly finished, too.
I know the Devs cut these for a reason, but I'd still love to see them show up one day.

Archived