[Poll] Who's the next character in need of an update?

Please read before voting  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be updated next?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • No answer
  2. 2. Which character updates would you like to see the most? (Multiple choice question)

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
  3. 3. Who's the one with the lowest need of an update?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wendy
    • WX-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Woodie
    • Wes
    • Maxwell
    • Wigfrid
    • Webber
    • No answer

Don’t get me wrong, Woodie does need a buff, but Woodie can’t be realistically be reworked to be better at wood-chopping than maxwell without making him ridiculously good at wood cutting, so the developers will need to rework maxwell before Woodie.

4 minutes ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Don’t get me wrong, Woodie does need a buff, but Woodie can’t be realistically be reworked to be better at wood-chopping than maxwell without making him ridiculously good at wood cutting, so the developers will need to rework maxwell before Woodie.

Makes me wonder how Woodie would feel if Wagstaff got added to DST.

15 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Makes me wonder how Woodie would feel if Wagstaff got added to DST.

Perhaps the developers won't improve Woodie's choppin' mechanics but rather his Werebeaver form. The previous 2 updates mostly focused on making the characters stronger in fighting giants.

1 hour ago, Unn0ticedShadow said:

Except the only way to buff Woodie is not, and has never been just improving his wood gathering.

DS Werebeaver is an efficient omnigatherer and reasonably good combatant.  It’s only DST Woodie that is only good at gathering logs.

Woodie feels like he was overshadowed by Maxwell when Maxwell was reworked. Woodie was a reasonably interesting tree farmer, but now that Maxwell can uproot an entire forest and freely farm Nightmare Fuel the whole time, Woodie seems outdated.

Woodie could either be reworked to be better at combat, or be more efficient at planting tree farms. Maxwell has no special ability for planting pinecones, and has a pitifully low health, so Woodie can be redesigned to either make tree planting faster, easier and more efficient, or to just be a tree chopper who can hold his own in a boss fight. Woodie already gains sanity from planting pinecones, so some way to do it more efficiently like planting it bulk could give him a unique role.

I would love to see webber get a rework, would be cool if webber could "tame" spiders or spider dens, so they don't attack other allies. It would allow spider armies to be a viable tactic when working with non-webbers, without anyone getting bit, and you wouldn't need the spider den to be 3 miles away from base so your chester doesn't die.

I believe that Woodie could be good not only with trees but with plants overall. I know he's a lumberjack, but why not make him a nature lover?

Maybe he could make special farms/fertilizer that would allow him to be something more than a guy who chops trees.

23 hours ago, researchlab_2 said:

I believe that Woodie could be good not only with trees but with plants overall. I know he's a lumberjack, but why not make him a nature lover?

Maybe he could make special farms/fertilizer that would allow him to be something more than a guy who chops trees.

Remember, whatever happens to Woodie has to involve a Canadian stereotype. He should be able to get maple syrup, or build an igloo.

6 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Remember, whatever happens to Woodie has to involve a Canadian stereotype. He should be able to get maple syrup, or build an igloo.

He's half beaver, so maybe a special tent-like Wooden Dam for restoring sanity/log meter?

Archived