NEW Twitch Drops Now Live! (The Metamorphosed Flame)

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's not really 100% free. It costs 6 hours doing a task that not everyone enjoys. I'd rather spend those 6 hours actually playing the game, not watching the game. As I said half jokingly in my post, I'd be more willing to buy it or spend spools then actually watching 6 hours of DST. So instead, I'll just afk, get my skin then leave.

Exactly, there are very few people who actually have the time to sit down and watch a... don't starve stream for 6 hours. It is painfully boring to a lot of us. I also don't understand the system. Why does it exist? What does it accomplish? People who don't actually watch the streams go afk and mute them. It does nothing but.. inflate the view count of twitch streamers with people afking for skins. And what does that do? It isn't helping the streamers.. or well, anybody, so I just don't see the point. Why are these skins not just purchasable in a skin pack? Really why? Its just free money for Klei.

37 minutes ago, Maximum101 said:

image.thumb.png.97187683de245bdaacea3b1f74dc2374.png

Metamorphism is the change of minerals or geologic texture (distinct arrangement of minerals) in pre-existing rocks (protoliths), without the protolith melting into liquid magma (a solid-state change). The change occurs primarily due to heat, pressure, and the introduction of chemically active fluids.

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Metamorphism is the change of minerals or geologic texture (distinct arrangement of minerals) in pre-existing rocks (protoliths), without the protolith melting into liquid magma (a solid-state change). The change occurs primarily due to heat, pressure, and the introduction of chemically active fluids.

Finally understand now, huh?

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

??? after I looked it up... yes... not when you quoted that "rocks are subject to metamorph" cuz that didn't really explained anything...

I mean you probably should've looked it up and put a edit before I even commented about it, but enough said.

9 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Before what update? :wilson_curious:

the "metamorphosis" issue comes from a comment from 15 hours ago.... Maximum just wanted to point out that metamorphosis is a process known in geology... that's it... you are reading too much into it xD 

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

[snip]

...what?

I was just going off of the first page ma dude...where everybody was wondering what the heck it might be a skin for.

The thing it's skinning is in the file name. The heatrock, which is the thermal stone. 

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

...what?

I was just going off of the first page ma dude...where everybody was wondering what the heck it might be a skin for.

The thing it's skinning is in the file name. The heatrock, which is the thermal stone. 

@Chiseledquartz27 already made that point ages ago...

51 minutes ago, Crimson Chin said:

Exactly, there are very few people who actually have the time to sit down and watch a... don't starve stream for 6 hours. It is painfully boring to a lot of us. I also don't understand the system. Why does it exist? What does it accomplish? People who don't actually watch the streams go afk and mute them. It does nothing but.. inflate the view count of twitch streamers with people afking for skins. And what does that do? It isn't helping the streamers.. or well, anybody, so I just don't see the point. Why are these skins not just purchasable in a skin pack? Really why? Its just free money for Klei.

You don't have to watch the 6 hours at a time. Sometimes it's funny to watch how other people play that game, how they style their base and fighting bosses.
It's helping the streamers, even if you mute them (or don't watch them, only listen and doing other things). I'm sure some of the people who were just watching for the drops started enjoying watching the streams, maybe found a streamer they liked and subscribed. So it doesn't matter, how many are really watching, they can get more active viewers just because of the amount of the passive viewers.

But I think Klei could sell the skins or make them weaveable someday. But for now it's for supporting the streamers and also supporting the game through the streams.

9 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

You don't have to watch the 6 hours at a time. Sometimes it's funny to watch how other people play that game, how they style their base and fighting bosses.

Most people just go in and afk 6 hours with the stream in the background.... this does not help the streamers. Its just "fake viewers" really. I'm not saying some people aren't into watching streams, just that a good amount of people do not find this entertaining at all. I personally could not care less to watch them. And once again 6 hours is a decent amount of time, some people don't have time for this, and even if they did would not want to spend it watching someone else play a game they would much rather actually be playing.

11 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

It's helping the streamers, even if you mute them (or don't watch them, only listen and doing other things). I'm sure some of the people who were just watching for the drops started enjoying watching the streams, maybe found a streamer they liked and subscribed. 

Maybe a few, but its not worth it. I know a majority of these people just do what I do, mute the stream and let it run in the background. They would get much more out of just selling the skins themselves as an option, they can still leave the Twitch drops on too as another option. If your afking the stream there is no way for you to be enjoying the stream. You aren't there, its just an extra number on the total viewers. It does nothing.

13 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

So it doesn't matter, how many are really watching, they can get more active viewers just because of the amount of the passive viewers.

This is pretty shady. I know its frowned upon doing things like this on Twitch. Its basically like using bots to inflate the view count. I do not agree with the system. There are other ways to promote streamers..... this just doesn't feel right. Not to mention if I was a streamer I would feel awful knowing that the majority of my viewers aren't actually here to watch me, but just to afk and get skin drops!

18 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

But I think Klei could sell the skins or make them weaveable someday. But for now it's for supporting the streamers and also supporting the game through the streams.

Or just make them purchasable right now and get a much more direct flow of money. Once again, I doubt the fake viewers even help that much.

But yeah, the system is lame. I don't see what would be wrong with making the set purchasable/weavable after all the drops are released in the set, assuming they have no plans on changing how the system works right now. Like the circus set should be purchasable/weavable right now. It makes no sense that it is not. This wouldn't exactly eliminate the issue, as people would still just afk in streams, but that's what the system encourages. That's why I think its flawed and it would be much more beneficial to just sell it as a skin pack.

It's moreso an issue with how it's tied to watch time rather than just checking out channels or something, but...eh, that's for Twitch to work on. Same problem hits other games using the system. Honestly I've gotten slight interest in a couple streamers out of this system, but I do afk for most of the required time because I don't really watch streams in general; I don't even watch TV, because I need something to keep me more engaged that sitting back and watching something...unless I'm eating.
The format just isn't for everyone, but I get what they're trying to achieve.

That aside:
N

I

C

E

I love this skin and the idea of this set. Crystals are my thing. Here's hoping it turns into an icy crystal when it's cold, I'd love that~
Maybe we could get some moonstone items with a crystalline twist...

Klei mentioned making the skins available in some other way after they've cycled through Twitch. Maybe we'll see the full collections added to the chest store lineup once they've completed, like the Sideshow collection.

4 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

I love this skin and the idea of this set. Crystals are my thing. Here's hoping it turns into an icy crystal when it's cold, I'd love that~
Maybe we could get some moonstone items with a crystalline twist...

FuffledBeeQueen am I right?

SPOILER_unknown.png

18 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's not really 100% free. It costs 6 hours doing a task that not everyone enjoys. I'd rather spend those 6 hours actually playing the game, not watching the game. As I said half jokingly in my post, I'd be more willing to buy it or spend spools then actually watching 6 hours of DST. So instead, I'll just afk, get my skin then leave.

14 hours ago, Crimson Chin said:

Uh. Well, it's the decision of each user if they want spend some time having a window open on Twitch to get the skin. I have friends who only got some skins who called his attention while others want the whole collection, so, depends of the people.

Either way, as Lifetheuniverse mentioned, Klei is planning in the future put the skins on sale & available with drops. Example:

"After the encore period these items will no longer be available on Twitch, however we do plan make them available for purchase or as rare drops some time in the future - We're still trying to figure that out.

So, if you don't want see the videos, is ok, wait until a new announcement related to this or make a thread with suggestions.

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

???

The Rock is  NOT availible yet... on thursday :wilson_dorky:

Oh it's a misunderstanding but thanks for the info anyway :). I refered to my unlinked Klei account because it didn't happened to me before and if I hadn't pay attention I'll have gained no twitch loot. Did something happened to the Klei forum or twitch?

4 hours ago, homever said:

Has the last batch twitch drops ended? Forgot the Amazing Snowball drops.

I think you have time until tomorrow, so, probably you should try. Good luck, hope you get the skin. 

Archived