Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! It's the deerclops!

I simply went to look for the remaining berries and to hunt McTusk and his son with a few pigs so i could survive for the rest of the winter.So after my pigs wandered off into the night after killing McTusk n' son, i went back to my camp, it was becoming night.''...Uaaaaaaaaaarrgh...''''That sounds big!'' Wilson said.Then suddenly the horror.http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576730671817207687/857739564E96DC8C726013FE2784DFF0CD6D5DE4/Let me tell you. Seeing that thing in your camp is terryifing. Incredibly terryfing.It moves very quickly, hits incredibly hard, and his attack range is SO BIG THAT I HAD TO RUN ABOUT HALF MY CAMP SO I COULD DODGE HIS ATTACK AREA.You can kite it, but must not do more than 2 hits before kiting. It will hit you otherwise. It's very complex.Your sanity drains around 2 points per second while on the encounter. By the time my armour was gone my sanity already dropped to 0.I died in the encounter. Freezing + Insanity + Deerclops's attack range = ded.I recommend you to simply take as much stuff as you can and go camp somewhere else if you find that monstrosity.Or wait for it to get off your camp then rebuild it.

Have you seen my guide on how to kill it?

You should probably shamelessly add a link to your guide when you ask that question. :PI watched your video though, considering how much smaller the treeguard is he really shouldn't win that fight. Edited by Avarice

You should probably shamelessly add a link to your guide when you ask that question. :PI watched your video though, considering how much smaller the treeguard is he really shouldn't win that fight.

Well, treeguard are the big "tanks" of don't starveDeerclops are fast, have a long range and you can't avoid themI think Treeguards should be able to beat Deerclops.

Well, treeguard are the big "tanks" of don't starveDeerclops are fast, have a long range and you can't avoid themI think Treeguards should be able to beat Deerclops.

Really Pal? As huge and as Deerclops is and the way Kevin described us as being ants to him, I think he should be the toughest mob in the game currently. Each his own though I guess, maybe they will add something even badder down the road. Edited by Avarice
added quote

Really Pal? As huge and as Deerclops is and the way Kevin described us as being ants to him, I think he should be the toughest mob in the game currently. Each his own though I guess, maybe they will add something even badder down the road.

I'm not saying the deerclops should be weak, i think the treeguard should be harder or stay like this.Treeguards are slow and easily counterable (with pine cones, traps, tentacles,..), they should be good in atleast one thing. Which is tanking.

I'm not saying the deerclops should be weak, i think the treeguard should be harder or stay like this.Treeguards are slow and easily counterable (with pine cones, traps, tentacles,..), they should be good in atleast one thing. Which is tanking.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from, that tree is slow. I'm just a size matters kind of person. lol

So Wolfgang said: "That sounds big" it turned to morning and I just ran to some beefalos. When I returned it destroyed only one chest so I'm happy... Are they returning all through the winter?

So Wolfgang said: "That sounds big" it turned to morning and I just ran to some beefalos. When I returned it destroyed only one chest so I'm happy... Are they returning all through the winter?

Welcome to the forums!They despawn in summer, and they have their own schedule in winter. This means that they have other havocs to cause.

I honestly was terrified of the Deerclops when I first saw him. I sincerely thought he would one-shot me, even in a log suit with a football helmet. Luckily I had my boomerang handy so I kited him to some walrusman camps, collected the teeth from the hounds he constantly fought, and made about a thousand traps with which to fell the mighty beast.Later I tried with full health and some armor to gauge his strength. I was disappointed with how weak he actually is.

He smashed two of my pig houses. They managed to kill him, but it was still really annoying getting that pigskin back. Of course, at that time werepigs were still super op with kiting, but they were (and still are) the only reliable source of pigskin.