Giving effects to underrated crock pot food mod

This mod gives a slight buff to underrated crock pot food in the form of effects. This hopes to make the underrated food standout, give variety to cooking and has a reason to be eaten. As people only choose food for the best stat like meatballs or pierogi. I get my inspiration from the item coffee and WX's upgrade stat.

What do you guys think of this mod? Is it too OP? or is it a good idea? Feel free to leave a suggestion on balancing or add ideas. 

Why you should eat it.

[Combat]

Spicy Chili [20 health, 37.5 hunger, 0 sanity]-grants 0.25x damage multiplier for 2 minutes

Fruit Medley [20 health, 25 hunger,  5 sanity]- grants 10% movement speed for 2 minutes (cave exploration) 

Guacamole [20 health, 37.5 hunger, 5 sanity]-grants 25% damage taken for 4 minutes "thick skin" (improve Wigfrid's natural protection from 0.75x to 0.50x) 

Kabobs [3 health, 37.5 hunger, 5 sanity]-grants AoE splash damage of 15% of the damage dealt for 3 minute (stun lock bees, spiders) 

[Quality of life]

Turkey dinner [20 health, 75 hunger, 5 sanity]- grants reduce hunger loss by 10% for 3 minutes (+ 40% belt of hunger = 50%) 

Stuffed Eggplant [3 health, 37.5, 5 sanity]- grants 20 extra health for 4 minutes 

Ice Cream [0 health, 25 hunger, 50 sanity]-reduce spoilage in player's entire inventory for 15% for 5 minutes (acts like an insulated pack)

Balancing note:
-The reason why I didn't have sanity effects because there are many ways to manage it. 

-Time frame is based on how easy it is to get the ingredients. Guacamole is being the most difficult to make.

-Multiple effects at the same time. 
-Same effects, don't stack. It only refreshes the timer.

-Effects only given when it's fresh "Green". (Motivates players to eat fast, wear an insulated pack, bring snow Chester, and use bundle wraps)

-Makes the player be aware of inventory and create a goal because you don't want to carry all of these foods.

Effects combo: 
Spicy chili 2 min + fruit medley 2 min for a boss fight
Guacamole 4 min + stuffed eggplant 4 min to tank 
Turkey dinner 3 min + fruit medley 2 min to explore

I know right. The ingredients for the underrated food has such low stat it's a waste. That's why people are forced to make the recipe for maximum benefits in this harsh game. 

I like the idea to make a reason to cook food that is currently unpopular, but if the effects stack it would be broken as hell. With enough spicy chili you could get insanely high dps as any character. Also, with bundling wraps you can keep them fresh forever, so could get practically infinite amount of buff with some preparation.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

but if the effects stack it would be broken as hell. 

i think he meant that if you drank coffee and spicy chili you would get both speed boost and dmg boost but eating more chili would just reset the dmg boost time

I love the idea for this mod and most effects the food have seem great, my only concern is that the spicy chili seems like it is the easiest to make, by far the most powerful and 5 minutes is a really long time. Kill a koalaphant and pick a few carrots and you're stronger than Wigfrid for any boss fight. The guacamole in comparison I don't think is nearly as powerful but is a lot more difficult to make (it's still really strong though) 

I'd consider nerfing spicy chili and/or buffing some of the other food items, as they're effects seem pretty negligible in comparison. You could have Turkey dinner reduce hunger by as much as 40% hunger reduction, and maybe even have it last longer. Kabobs can already be useful with this, but maybe increase the splash to 25% or even more. 

As is, if I had this mod instead of me being inspired to make a variety of foods this would just make me want to mass produce spicy chili instead. 

Also you should do something with icecream. I know it's decent but I think it should be better, lol.

15 minutes ago, Vultureneck said:

Also you should do something with icecream. I know it's decent but I think it should be better, lol.

It could have buffs related to sanity (much like its current benefit). It could make it to where using magic doesn't give the player a sanity debuff, or maybe give the player passive sanity regen for an extended period of time. 

Back in the Winter's Feast event, I liked to stack 'Apple Cider', 'Hot Cocoa' and 'Heavenly Eggnog' because these were 3 edible items which never spoiled & increased or reduced your temperature, it was pretty much effective in Winter and allowed you to survive way longer with a Winter Hat and without campfires or during Summer to cool yourself down in emergencies.

Spicy Chili could become an emergency item aswell but right now it's pretty ineffective: Takes 1.5 Meat and turns into rot after 10 days, unlike Kabobs or Honey Ham.

About other Items: Meatballs could spoil faster (6 days instead of 10) to make it a food which isn't that good to go and/or make Kabobs the 0.5 meat recipe which also allows twigs and increase the meat needed for Meatballs from 0.5 to 1.0.

25 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

About other Items: Meatballs could spoil faster (6 days instead of 10) to make it a food which isn't that good to go and/or make Kabobs the 0.5 meat recipe which also allows twigs and increase the meat needed for Meatballs from 0.5 to 1.0.

irl meatballs take forever to cook maybe make them slower cooking?

19 hours ago, Codina said:

Spicy Chili-grants 0.5x damage multiplier for 5 minutes 

Fruit Medley- grants 10 extra movement speed for 3 minutes (cave exploration)

half damage AND 10 times more speed? wowie this is thicc son.

11 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I like the idea to make a reason to cook food that is currently unpopular, but if the effects stack it would be broken as hell. With enough spicy chili you could get insanely high dps as any character. Also, with bundling wraps you can keep them fresh forever, so could get practically infinite amount of buff with some preparation.

OOF grammar mistake. 
I meant multiple effects at the same time. 
Same effects don't stack. It refreshes the timer.  

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

half damage AND 10 times more speed? wowie this is thicc son.

Hmm do you think 0.25x dmg would be better? It can turn Wes's 0.75x to 1x as a base character stat. It can turn buffgang's 2x to 2.25x. 
I gave the fruit medley 10% movement speed because I want it to be lower than Magiluminescence's 15% and Walking Cane's 25%.

12 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Why does he only get half the buff? He gets the full benefit of every other food he eats.

Initially, I believe he has too many benefits from overcharge, eat spoil food, etc. Feel like I'm excluding WX players and also it will be annoying to code. So it was removed.

10 hours ago, Vultureneck said:

Turkey dinner reduce hunger by as much as 40% hunger reduction

I think 40% is too much which is the same as the belt of hunger. I don't want to replace the items. I want the buff to be minor but it stands out. Also if a player wears a belt of hunger it will be 80% because it will stack with the item. So at 10% I believe it's somewhat unnoticeable. 

Kabobs can already be useful with this, but maybe increase the splash to 25%

Wolfgang in mightly form is 2x with spicy chili 0.25x = 2.25x
With dark sword 68dmg = 153 dmg.
With Kabob 25% deals 38.5 dmg hmmmm 
What about Kabob 15% = 22.95 Aoe dmg. Close to Abigail's damage (dusk) 20 Aoe dmg.

Wilson's attack is 1x plus spicy chili = 1.25x 
With dark sword is 85dmg.
With 15% = 12.75 dmg.

This is in DST meaning other people is going to join the fight. Two or more Wolfgang is gonna deal 22 Aoe damage

icecream

How about cooling the player's entire inventory by 15% for 5 minutes. An insulated pack is 50%. The cooling effects being it only reduce spoilage. Does not freeze thermal stone and ice. It can stack with insulated pack making it 65% 
I emphasize on the time limit instead of the strength.

When the food item is "soggy" it spoils 30% faster. Ice cream makes it spoil 15% lesser.

I like this, I'll submit my own:

Honey nuggets - 25% chance to return to your hand after being eaten. 

You thought you ate them all, but you were wrong.

Butter muffin - All flowers on screen have a 50% chance to spawn a butterfly

Pumpkin cookies - +20 health, +37.5 hunger, +25 sanity when eaten in autumn. (a 0/37.5/15 to a 20/75/40)

Fist full of jam - now restores 50 hunger (to match the value of 4 cooked berries), can be put back into a crock pot with 3 more fruits to add 37.5 more hunger and reset the spoilage.

14 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

I like this, I'll submit my own:

Honey nuggets - 25% chance to return to your hand after being eaten. 

You thought you ate them all, but you were wrong.

Butter muffin - All flowers on screen have a 50% chance to spawn a butterfly

Pumpkin cookies - +20 health, +37.5 hunger, +25 sanity when eaten in autumn. (a 0/37.5/15 to a 20/75/40)

Fist full of jam - now restores 50 hunger (to match the value of 4 cooked berries), can be put back into a crock pot with 3 more fruits to add 37.5 more hunger and reset the spoilage.

For honey nugget should be at 1-3% just to be a joke (snake oil)/prize (Krampus sack) (giving you the item called "forgotten nugget" that don't spoil because it shriveled up LOL. It has a lower stat than the actual honey nugget) just to make a balanced and logical because a lot of people make this recipe from bee farm.

For the other 3 I think it's too OP and it's not as underrated due to the accessibility of the ingredient and competition of stat with the ingredient. Being people are willing to eat plain turkey legs or to make meatballs instead of turkey dinner. Or how pointless it's to make fruit medley by risking your life to pick bananas from monkeys. just to get 25 hunger and 20 health.

24 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Fruit Medley is very easy to make in summer with the cactus flowers, it basically offsets the cost of picking the cactus. Anyway how about nerf the butter muffin to 10% chance?

I do like the pumpkin cookie changes tho

Hmmm you can make fruit medley with cactus flower? :o Wiki says cactus flower was a vegetable. I thought fruit medley is cave exclusive from picking bananas. I only see people making it by growing pomegrante and water melon on the surface with 1 fruit value (hassle to farm though :P) and using berries with 0.5 fruit value for the remainder of 3 fruit value. 

Archived