Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

WoodieMain45684

Woodie review and ideas for rework.

Intro:

Hey guys, this is gonna be my first big post that I've made in the forums, so don't be too picky, eh? I was just wanting to get my two-cents in on how Woodie is played as a character and what can possibly be done to him to help him out in a rework.

TLDR:

For those who don't like to read too awful much (non Wicker/Maxwell mains), Woodie is a character who harvests woods quickly with small downsides, but not the most quickly (by a longshot), and probably wouldn't be unbalanced by a few buffs (especially lategame).

About me:

I'm a Woodie main that has played around 2000 hours of DST. Most of it has been Woodie, but I have taken time to look into other characters over my time in DST. I have played through pretty much the entire game killed every boss at least once (except enraged Klaus). I personally would like to see a buff in my favorite lumberjack, but reverting him to his DS incarnation to me feels like it would make him kinda bland (though technically he would be better).

About Woodie(skip this if you know how Woodie works):

Woodie is a half-step into Maxwell's role as gatherer supreme. He has double the health of Maxwell, which lets him take more risks and take more hits. He also has active sanity abilities (cone planting) as apposed to passive regen. Woodie spawns with an axe named Lucy. Lucy chops trees faster than a normal axe, never breaks, returns to Woodie through the right methods, and does half the damage of a regular axe. Woodie also comes with a new bar/meter called beaverness/log meter. When it gets low, he turns into a werebeaver and can chop much faster, but do everything else much slower. He also loses sanity at a rapid pace while in form and cannot regen hp without assistance from another (wortox). Also note that he gets a large portion of water resistance, insulation, 25% damage reduction, and night vision in this form. He is also believed to have more follower time (Though I have not used this perk effectively in my 2000 hours of DST).

How to effectively play Woodie(skip this if you know how to do the lumberjack boi):

In order to effectively play Woodie (meaning making the most out of his perks). I've found that you have to be able to abuse the faster gnaw speed of the beaver and know how to speedclick with lucy. You also must know when to turn into werebeaver; if there are not that many trees nearby, then its a bad idea to turn. Eating logs is often a last resort and should be looked down upon if you want to effectively produce it. Taking advantage of events like full moon will also help boost the amount of wood that you can output. Make sure to watch the meter because when it hits 25 you are gonna go beaver mode and it is not ideal to be a beaver in a combat situation. Know how to deal with insanity creatures because you will most likely have to deal with them all the time if you maximize wood output. On a side note, Woodie is actually pretty decent at something I like to call beaver-scouting. Meaning exploring the whole map as beaver and taking advantage of his speed as soon as you spawn. Note that doing a strat like this is unadvised without a minimap mod as beaver can't look at his own map for some reason.

What is wrong with the wood-man(lets cut to the chase):

Woodie is not the best at his only job. The later the game gets; the more easily he can be replaced by other characters. Maxwell will outchop him and bearger will also beat both of them. For evidence of this I did a simple test and got each to chop 40 trees and pick up the wood. You can see the results yourself below. Also, beaver is very, very, very, squishy. While Maxwell may not have 150 health, at least he can wear armor. Beaver's attack is also equivalent to the damage of an axe meaning it takes forever to kill nightmare creatures and move on with your life. Finally the log meter constantly eating at you will be a problem throughout the entire game to the point that it feels like a downside on its own. Whenever a Woodie rushes the ruins, he also has to make sure to pack materials to fill up the log meter so he doesn't go beaver while fighting a damaged bishop. See what I mean? BUT despite all of this he still is my favorite character, and I will probably keep on playing him even if he doesn't get reworked. Which brings us to our last topic.

How can we make Woodie better?:

Well to be honest, it depends on what you want him to be better at. Do you want him to be a better lumberjack? Then he'll have to compete with bearger in the lategame. Do you want him to be a better combat based character? Then you will need to give beaver better stats. Although, either way, I would make it to where the beaverness meter regenerated over time rather than decreased. No need for two hunger bars man.

Woodie- the lumberjack:

If you are gonna make Woodie a better lumberjack then here are some suggestions.

The simplest would be to make him take one gnaw to dig up stumps. In order to compete with Maxwell, at least make it easier to dig up stumps.

Give him some other perks to woodgathering that are unique. Examples that I thought up are: produce an additional log per tree. Make lucy chop on her own once Woodie drops her. Make lucy return to Woodie after Woodie turns back from werebeaver.

Make picking wood up easy. Examples are: Wood directly goes into Woodies inventory whenever possible when felling a tree. Whenever Lucy is on the ground, she hops and tosses wood into piles for easy collection.

Make it easy to keep chopping: Probably remove sanity from pinecones and let the beaver gain sanity whenever it gnaws.

Finally note that in order to make Woodie the BEST at woodchopping than he would have to be better than a giant such as bearger. IF this is to be the case, then I would suggest nerfing the giants to drop less wood when chopping trees as most of it would be crushed. (Note that this is an extreme scenario, but if Woodie is going to be the best at harvesting wood, then please understand that he must topple bearger for this to be true.)

Woodie- the fighter:

If you are gonna make Woodie better at combat (especially in beaver mode) then here are some suggestions.

Give beaver back tentacle spike damage at least.

Increase defense to 80% while in beaver mode.

Allow Beaver to regen when eating wood or by some other method.

Make damage partially affect the log meter if the above is used.

Let the beaver wear some hats if you don't increase damage resistance.

Full reversion would be alright, but it would make Woodie as a lumberjack less viable I personally feel.

Conclusion:

So that's it, that's pretty much all I have to say about Woodie and the possible ways to rework him guys. Let me know if you have any other ideas / contradictions to what I have said below, and feel free to use any of my arguments/videos below Klei in your rework. Though if you have something else in mind, I'm right there with ya!

trees_woodie.mp4

trees_maxwell.mp4

trees_wilson(bearger).mp4

ButterStuffed    1921

An interesting addition could be giving Woodie some unique structures. Maybe specifically made by beaver Woodie.

The obvious one would be a beaver dam. Construct it out of any fully grown tree as a beaver and use it as a way to convert the log meter to health/sanity and/or some other thing. From a non programmer perspective this seems pretty low effort to implement and would be useful since it would be low cost and easy to use.

Another could be a way for Woodie to intentionally grow totally normal trees or anger treeguards. Would give Woodie the unique ability to quickly and reliable collect living logs. Maybe a bit meh right now but if there were more living log recipes this would be very nice.

That's all i've got for now.

S19TealPenguin    1580
1 hour ago, ButterStuffed said:

Maybe a bit meh right now but if there were more living log recipes this would be very nice

Most endgame staves use living logs.

Also you could always burn the excess logs to hear them screm

Datanon    273
15 minutes ago, S19TealPenguin said:

Most endgame staves use living logs.

dark swords are also an excelent living log sink

4 Da LOLs    3625

what if when lucy falls a tree it drops a new item: sap

it will be imperishable but when you put some in a crock pot it makes syrup which will act kinda like taffy but it would also stop the natural decay of the wood meter for limited time

syrup can be eaten by everyone but Woodies get the wood bonus

syrup itself might be imperishable too so you can control beaver better in scenarios when its not a good idea

maybe some QoL like keeping on hats that were worn when he transforms allowing for better wetness resistance

and maybe allow them to use the map in beaver

another idea his already owned perk of longer companion time is not that noticeable what if the pigs / bunnies you tame attack faster and regen hp or the like the faster hit speed to challenge Maxwell as the top chopper

pedregales    491

I think Woodie is "fine" as is. He just needs to be slightly more reliable, specially when it comes down to the beaver:

• Woodie needs a way to enter and exit beaver form at will. Say an item that protects him from entering beaver form from any source (moon or low wood meter) akin to Wilba's silver necklace; I vote for the cat cap so the item has some usefulness, plus no need to make an entirely new item and it is repairable by sewing kit/tape; he could even start with one. And also add something he can eat that drops his beaver meter like a brick in order to transform into beaver; ideally something that already exists and is relatively easy to farm, cut grass is a common one among mods because Woodie is allergic (although it doesn't make full sense), maybe moon rocks could be used since they are related to the moon?
  • Beaver form should be less punishing. The log meter should not replace the hunger meter when transformed into beaver, and he shouldn't have -90 san/min while transformed. Instead, he should have -15 san/min while transformed into beaver and log meter above 0, when log meter reaches 0 he will have -90 san/min instead of losing health, it could even be more interesting and be gradual depending on his log meter (e. g.: at 50 log meter he gets the -15 san/min and it gradually increases as it goes down until it reaches 0, at which point it is -90 san/min like it currently is). Of course, the beaver can starve, but from hunger not log (hence, the hunger meter will not disappear when transformed). Also, transforming into beaver should not drop equipped items, they can stay disabled, but not dropped. And he should be able to use a map. Maybe even able to grab items from the ground and eat wood items from his inventory (but not food or healing items).
  • Beaver should be slightly more battle-ready. Should have 60% damage absorption (like a grass suit), and have 250 health (because it's bigger than Woodie). This way it is a tanky fella that can kite easily (because of it's natural 10% speed increase) while doing chip damage; the damage doesn't even need to be increased because he saves durability on weapon and armor and is not meant to be fighting; if you are going to fight, you should be Woodie, not beaver, but this way it can at least get rid of pesky enemies like hounds and pigmen with much more ease while you farm without the need to go back to Woodie (or if you transform in the middle of a fight you may not need to back up to de-transform). It can even get a +25% speed increase instead of 10% to improve his harvesting and scouting niche, and it wouldn't be that bad because Woodie can use the walking cane (so same speed boost, but can deal way more damage through other weapons, and can tank slightly more damage with other armors, plus can heal).

Woodie himself could have some tweaks, but I myself can't think of much without deviating; maybe he gets sanity while chopping trees? Takes less damage from freezing (because canadian)? He can chop down stones and marble trees with Lucy?

FreyaMaluk    5614
7 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

How can we make Woodie better?:

No need for two hunger bars man.

Woodie- the lumberjack: 

Woodie- the fighter:

Ty so much for admitting to what many mains try to disguise as "not all characters need to be that useful" 

Back to your focus question. Why not both for a really fun character? Lumberjack and fighter. There are ways to balance the fighter without making the lumberjack useless and viceversa. 

I think mainly the problem with Woodie is that he is not good at anything.

In my opinion, make him the best lumberjack. Period. The one Gnaw for stumps I suggested myself before. Also less gnawing for trees in general.

Maybe even gnawing from tree to logs without a transition to stop for stumps. That would make him the fastest by far. 

The beaver needs as u well said natural armor at least 60% and IMO more raw dmg. I think 50 dmg could be fine. Complete wetness and cold resistance.

And less sanity drain. It can get annoying when you want to be useful but have to be distracted by a bunch of shadows while Maxwell is chilling watching his minions doing the work while gathering logs and pines cones at the same time with no penalty whatsoever. 

3 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

what if when lucy falls a tree it drops a new item: sap

it will be imperishable but when you put some in a crock pot it makes syrup which will act kinda like taffy but it would also stop the natural decay of the wood meter for limited time

syrup can be eaten by everyone but Woodies get the wood bonus

syrup itself might be imperishable too so you can control beaver better in scenarios when its not a good idea

maybe some QoL like keeping on hats that were worn when he transforms allowing for better wetness resistance

and maybe allow them to use the map in beaver

another idea his already owned perk of longer companion time is not that noticeable what if the pigs / bunnies you tame attack faster and regen hp or the like the faster hit speed to challenge Maxwell as the top chopper

SAP and syrup is not gonna make Woodie better.. Just a gimmicky feature to say.. Hey he is really Canadian.. Not necessary really. 

seffard    147

For me it's too annoying to always have his transformation as the top priority over any plan. Lucy could have the same effect as Wilba's necklace to keep him from turning, so if it's time to transform you get a heavy sanity penalty. And it would be nice if he had a combat improvement from the events.

Catteflyterpill    1179

What if while as a Beaver, Woodie could do a sort of 'tail slap' to do some AoE that uproots trees - similar to that of Bearger's. It would make uprooting closely packed trees much faster after chopping them down. 

4 Da LOLs    3625
7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

SAP and syrup is not gonna make Woodie better.. Just a gimmicky feature to say.. Hey he is really Canadian.. Not necessary really. 

ok then so you want only for him to be ether a fighter or a farmer ok

Maxs minions will always overpower him unless they make the beaver stupid fast

and same with Wolfgang, Winona, and Wigfrid  will always have more going for them in damage unless they are nerfed to the ground to raise Woodie up which would cause such an uproar it would never happen

also think of all the newbies happy to have sanity foods from their friendly neighborhood beaver lad at least it gives more of a strategic reason to pick him over those

__IvoCZE__    8537
17 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Make lucy return to Woodie after Woodie turns back from werebeaver.

Craft an axe and start chopping a tree...

lucy becomes sans and changes positions with the axe.

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Craft an axe and start chopping a tree...

lucy becomes sans and changes positions with the axe.

I'm aware of this, if you read the whole thing I quoted doing this here.

17 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Woodie spawns with an axe named Lucy. Lucy chops trees faster than a normal axe, never breaks, returns to Woodie through the right methods

I guess the suggestion to make her return to him would simply just cut down on the amount of time that Woodie is not chopping trees. Though I personally feel this is a minor change. This suggestion is simply to reduce the hastle of playing Woodie effectively, of which there is quite a bit. This one change isn't what is going to make Woodie better. In fact making stumps take one gnaw would have more impact than this.

Gabriel_Dreyer    254

Hey, mates! How are you doing? I hope well!

Well, I'm a main Woodie too, and I love him. I believe that who plays with Woodie, has the pride to play with a challenger character.

Woodie is a lumberjack, but as one, he's not make a good work, that's because he barely can chop trees without into on Werebeaver, and to prevent the transformation, you need to eat logs, and it's ok, but to each big tree you chop, 1/3 of the logs, you eat to recover the logmeter. See the maths:

Woodie with log meter in the 100, can chop 6 big trees and the log goes to 28. In 25 you know what happens.

6 big trees give 18 logs (24 if you use the shovel). If you wanna recovery the log meter to 100, you must eat 7 logs and the meter goes to 98.

So, when you should have 18 or 24, you'll have 11 or 17. For you have one stack with 20 logs, you have to have 28 logs, you know what I mean? 2 trees goes only to the log meter, taking away the fact that the meter is always going down 2 per minute. 

To keep the log meter high, you need to eat wood, to have wood you need to cut trees, but to keep cutting the trees, you need to eat wood, so, to you can have a stack with enough log to eat and do something else in the game, you'll need to cut a lot of trees, and as we know, cutting/having wood, ironically, for Woodie, has become a complicated task.

Of course, Werebeaver can chop trees, but is only that. You cut trees meanwhile your sanity goes down. it is your choice to continue cutting down trees and gradually losing sanity, or cutting trees fast and back to Woodie, preserving your sanity. The fact is: Werebeaver is the fighter, Woodie is the lumberjack.

Werebeaver was suppose to be strong, where you use to attack and to defend, but in DST you can't use him to battle, you spend more time cutting/eating wood, to not let the log meter reach zero and you start to lose hp, all this while sanity is decreasing! My god, the real battle is against himself, struggling not to die.

Woodie

If instead of Woodie losing 1.5 to each ax, he lost 1 point in the log meter, he could cut 9 trees.
8 axes = 1 tree and minus 8 points in log meter
8 axes x 9 trees = minus 72 points in the log meter (100 - 72 = 28)
1 tree = 4 logs
9 trees = 36 logs
Of the 36 logs, 7 you eat for the log meter go to the 100, leaving 29 logs. It seems fairer to me, considering we're talking about a lumberjack.

Werebeaver

This is the current Werebeaver:

His attack does 27.2 damage but his lack of armor leaves him vulnerable. The sanity depletes by 90 points every minute The Beaverness Meter has a value of 100 points and will decay at a rate of 1.8 beaverness every minute. If it reaches 0, the Werebeaver will start to lose health the same way Characters do when starving.

This is the DS Werebeaver:

His attack strength is equivalent to the damage of a Tentacle Spike (51) and his strong hide absorbs 75% of incoming damage. The Beaverness Meter has a value of 100 points and will decay at a rate of 2 beaverness every 2.5 seconds.

For me, he can have 51 damage, absorbs 60% of incoming damage, not losing sanity during the transormation, and back to Woodie with 0 sanity. This makes the player think when he turns into Werebeaver and remains a challenge! The beaverness falling 2 every 2.5 seconds leaves him more balanced, and also leaves him useful, since in this way it is possible to wage a battle.

Idk .. It's just some thoughts, haha

FreyaMaluk    5614
1 hour ago, Gabriel_Dreyer said:

For me, he can have 51 damage, absorbs 60% of incoming damage, not losing sanity during the transormation, and back to Woodie with 0 sanity. This makes the player think when he turns into Werebeaver and remains a challenge! The beaverness falling 2 every 2.5 seconds leaves him more balanced, and also leaves him useful, since in this way it is possible to wage a battle.

Idk .. It's just some thoughts, haha

I like you idea that he returns back to normal woodie with 0 sanity.. That is a great idea for balance. 

Overall I agree with ur assessment. 

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

ok then so you want only for him to be ether a fighter or a farmer ok

Maxs minions will always overpower him unless they make the beaver stupid fast

and same with Wolfgang, Winona, and Wigfrid  will always have more going for them in damage unless they are nerfed to the ground to raise Woodie up which would cause such an uproar it would never happen

also think of all the newbies happy to have sanity foods from their friendly neighborhood beaver lad at least it gives more of a strategic reason to pick him over those

I think you are mixing up things to make syrup valid. 

It's clear the devs need to fix the clear problems for woodie first. Meaning. Beaver form is pretty bad overall. And Woodie is not good at anything. 

There were other much more interesting proposals like allowing Woodie to build bridges or bear traps which are both awesome and can make more relevant to the game instead of another sugar replacement that's already ez with honey in the game. 

Syrup is not on the same level of importance to fixing the core issues with Woodie and Werebeaver. 

7 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

What if while as a Beaver, Woodie could do a sort of 'tail slap' to do some AoE that uproots trees - similar to that of Bearger's. It would make uprooting closely packed trees much faster after chopping them down. 

That sounds fun.. Lol

I thought that Woodie could gnaw trees to logs without having to stop for stomps. And imo this wood make for the faster lumberjack ever. 

Your proposal is fun tho... The only problem is that beavers tale is not that big to really slam and how that could work in a technical sense you know? How to "aim" to the spot you wanna slam etc....? 

4 Da LOLs    3625
1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think you are mixing up things to make syrup valid. 

It's clear the devs need to fix the clear problems for woodie first. Meaning. Beaver form is pretty bad overall. And Woodie is not good at anything. 

There were other much more interesting proposals like allowing Woodie to build bridges or bear traps which are both awesome and can make more relevant to the game instead of another sugar replacement that's already ez with honey in the game. 

Syrup is not on the same level of importance to fixing the core issues with Woodie and Werebeaver. 

it wouldn't be the only thing in his update just like a neat side thing like Willows proposed heat damage resistance

also how do bridges have anything to do with his character bear traps i can slightly see but bridges have nothing to do with his character at least sap collection would be fitting for he uses trees also the proposed slowed beaver bar would would be a nice thing to stop him from destroying his profits and to keep from transforming at bad times

FreyaMaluk    5614
53 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

it wouldn't be the only thing in his update just like a neat side thing like Willows proposed heat damage resistance

also how do bridges have anything to do with his character bear traps i can slightly see but bridges have nothing to do with his character at least sap collection would be fitting for he uses trees also the proposed slowed beaver bar would would be a nice thing to stop him from destroying his profits and to keep from transforming at bad times

Beaver build dams.. Sometimes in for m of bridges 

sault-ste-marie-canal.jpg.9717093ccd681c8e30d081a38624d09c.jpg

4 Da LOLs    3625
Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

so how would these beaver dam bridges act?

will you be able to just make a huge platform off the side of the island like a dock?

FreyaMaluk    5614
5 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

so how would these beaver dam bridges act?

will you be able to just make a huge platform off the side of the island like a dock?

A wooden bridge linking islands... Very simple... 

Makes sense in 2 whole lines of Thought: Normal Woodie is a lumberjack.. He refers to good quality wooden structures in his quotes, which only means he knows about carpentry 

AND

As a beaver he knows how to build a Dam. 

So makes a lot of sense to build bridges.. 

4 Da LOLs    3625
3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

A wooden bridge linking islands... Very simple... 

would it essentially create more land to walk on will it be destructible?

if it only works to link islands then if the terrain doesn't have such a formation wouldn't it be pointless?

like would it have siderails only allowing you to traverse from one end to the other or be like building new land tiles?

Vurusgard    141

Lovely to see another woodie main. out of 2000 hours of my gameplay, roughly around 1500 is spent with woodie ^^. He definitely needs a bit tweaking.

23 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Give him some other perks to woodgathering that are unique. Examples that I thought up are: produce an additional log per tree.

Absolutely. He needs to have his own nice that establishes him as the go-to character when it comes to gathering wood. Hell, I remember roleplaying on some servers as a lumberjack for hire, trading large amounts of wood for food/resources :D  Anyway, more wood gained from trees is a good way to start with. Maybe reducing the amount of chops he does before he fells the trees can also work (if i remember correctly, he needs to chop a big tree 8 times to cut it down, reducing it to 6-5 maybe?).

23 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

remove sanity from pinecones

Unpopular opinion i think but it fits Woodie. But if a change is necessary, maybe change what he gains from sanity to log meter? I would thematically make sense/encourages the player to maintain treeyards.

What do you guys think about giving Woodie or the Werebeaver a damage buff against Treeguards? Logically, Treeguards would be the most common "big" threat that a woodie will face, given how much time he spends cutting wood...

28 minutes ago, Vurusgard said:

What do you guys think about giving Woodie or the Werebeaver a damage buff against Treeguards? Logically, Treeguards would be the most common "big" threat that a woodie will face, given how much time he spends cutting wood...

Funny you should say this... A little known fact is that werebeaver does have a damage buff against treeguards (although quite minimal). You can see it in action in the video below. The buff against treeguards brings his damage up to 45 which is better than 27.3, but it still is pretty low regardless, and often you won't be able to use this hidden buff because you will tied up with a few terrorbeaks. The biggest problem isn't that Woodie can't do sufficient damage to treeguards though. It's that he can't kill the nightmare creatures fast enough to be able to work between the next spawning. (Though take this with a grain of salt as I've found that nightmare creature spawning is super random) So, It would be best to give beaver a way to deal with them during long transformations.

6 hours ago, Gabriel_Dreyer said:

For me, he can have 51 damage, absorbs 60% of incoming damage, not losing sanity during the transormation, and back to Woodie with 0 sanity.

I like not having to worry about how long I stay in beaver mode. I sometimes get a idea how no sanity penalty beaver (during beaver form) would be like whenever the shadow creatures bug out and don't spawn. Let's just say its a nice change of pace for a stressful character. Nice ideas.

28 minutes ago, Vurusgard said:
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, WoodieMain45684 said:

remove sanity from pinecones

Unpopular opinion i think but it fits Woodie. But if a change is necessary, maybe change what he gains from sanity to log meter?

I suggested earlier that the sanity regen be moved to whenever he gnaws an object which means, as long as he's working, he's fighting off the sanity penalty. Though I would only do this if he keeps the sanity penalty when in beaver mode.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, WoodieMain45684 said:

let the beaver gain sanity whenever it gnaws.

Treeguard damage multiplier.mp4

Canis    13049
4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

My first immediate thought was "imagine this in Shipwrecked"

klei pls

Toros    1883

While I appreciate the creativity in this thread, many of the suggestions don’t solve Woodie’s core issues or are a technical issue to deal with.

I’ve already written a mod that reworks Woodie while pulling elements from both his single player and DST implementations and the feedback I’ve gotten from Woodie players thus far has been positive.  It’s a paradigm shift because instead of gaining log meter when gnawing, you lose it.  Passive log meter loss in human form is eliminated.  Werebeaver can plant pinecones, has no sanity drain, and can 1 gnaw stumps in addition to having DS combat stats.  I restored the ability of Werebeaver to use the map.

If you looked at all the changes I made separately, you’d think that he’d be OP, but that isn’t remotely the case.

With my rework, Werebeaver is a decent combat form and a good gathering form but will always cost logs to operate, and there’s no way to avoid that cost or become human again without logs.  He’s competitive with Max at wood gathering and can use wood instead of tools to gather everything else.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=888197520

I don't know why you would think that we would consider him OP though given those stats. Most of those suggestions are already mentioned in the posts prior. I think that those ideas were pretty much already settled among those who have posted as being positive effects on Woodie gameplay. Nice mod, though It would be nice to see Klei recognize these suggestions and make it official.