Woodie review and ideas for rework.

46 minutes ago, DJO7000 said:

I don't think anybody mentioned how awesome it would be if the werebeaver could swim it wouldn't even be that op since boats are easy to make as woodie and it'll give him something that Maxwell can't do making him more unique also it would be really fun but if it ends up being too powerful they can just make his wetness to up as he's swimming so you can't just swim away from everything

Hmmm... I mentioned swimming in this same thread actually.... Back there I mentioned for ds, but since we do now have water then obvs for dst too

On 5/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

I agree Woodie in DS needs some additions that I have already suggested many times

DS Woodie needs:

- don't drop inventory as beaver

- swim as beaver

- doesn't get affected by full moon cycle in the caves and ruins

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/104887-what-do-yall-think-of-woodie/?do=findComment&comment=1182684

I even made a meme about it :D

5ccd6f9303c45_werebeaverswimming1.thumb.jpg.a0a0a7591b5c0359783e1d782e50ca79.jpg

TL:DR this is what I think DST Woodie needs:

- cold and wetness immunity as beaver

- higher dmg as Werebeaver (50 Dmg) 

- Amor as beaver:

• some natural armor as beaver (60% minimum) OR
  • the ability to keep head gear and pick it up from the floor or inventory (maybe consider inventory use for second choice)

- more effective wood and rocks gathering mechanics as beaver (less gnawing to chop and mine).. 

- only one gnawing for tree stumps or no transition from Trees to stumps at all

- increased dmg against tree guardians as beaver and in human form

- reducing a bit of the sanity drain

On 30/04/2019 at 11:28 PM, WoodieMain45684 said:

If you are gonna make Woodie a better lumberjack then here are some suggestions.

The simplest would be to make him take one gnaw to dig up stumps. In order to compete with Maxwell, at least make it easier to dig up stumps.

Dude this one single change would make the beaver so much better. No need to add space between your trees and burn the stomps. 

I am one of the few Italians on the community and I do not speak much English. I have seen few ideas on a free transformation, I hope that the developers will take it into consideration and reproach excellent results on the final result

thank you for answering

in werebeaver form, woodie could be able to make dams across parts of the world but only if it can connect to another land tile immediately. This basically means you can build off parts of land to connect them together making long trips around areas unnecessary. You cannot build outwards from an island, just connect some land masses together making a sort of bridge. additionally if this doesnt make sense, what if the werebeaver could jump over small caps of the world?

Besides these, woodie should gather more wood from chopping trees, werebeaver should be not be as sad as it is currently and woodie should also be able to deal like, a LOT of damage to treeguards with lucy. On top of this, chopping a fully grown tree should take like 10 hits, making his fast chopping even better and as an added bonus, if you combine pinecones together you could craft a "totally normal pinecone" which will grow a totally normal tree however these wont give as much living logs as regular totally normal trees as to not outshine wormwood. I also think many crafts relating to wood could cost more for him? idk some downside to balance things out or perhaps, he can only eat wood? idk i dont play woodie that much but i would if he was a little more fun.

36 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I really thought we'd see some news about the refresh today. Woodie refresh MID-September? 

Exactly my thought. Im irrationally disgruntled that we didn't get info yesterday, nor today.

There's 30 days in September, so unless Klei delays it should be around by Sept 10th for Woodie (at most to still be early September)

The best thing to do right now is to be patience as we don't want characters to be rushed refreshes

General rule for updates so far has been about half a month of offset from the expected project length.

Optimistic side of me says mid-September, but my usually right side says late Sept to early Nov. Given that we've already passed Canadian Thanksgiving, the desire for ironic timing shouldn't end up being a factor.

EDIT:
HEY HOWDY HEY

Archived