Is an exclusive Hamlet DLC book coming for Wicker?

1 hour ago, MWY said:

Maybe it hires all guards around you.

Or pops 3 to 4 guards towers out of the earth like tentacles.

Or just causes tax day to occur right away  in your location and all pigs come and pay taxes to you.

Can't wait for Klei to add Hamlet's 4th season: Tax Season.

1 hour ago, MWY said:

Or just causes tax day to occur right away  in your location and all pigs come and pay taxes to you.

And you can use it only 4 days each otherwise pigs will start to overthrow you and hire all pig guards to kill you like you did with the queen and mayor.

18 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

And you can use it only 4 days each otherwise pigs will start to overthrow you and hire all pig guards to kill you like you did with the queen and mayor.

Bring communism to the pig lands! Make the capitalist pigs become communist pigs!

On 4/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, Omaremad74 said:

Bring communism to the pig lands! Make the capitalist pigs become communist pigs!

Communism for all!!

Making the pigs communist would kind of ruin the concept of the shops though.

5 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

So a book that becomes completely obsolete if you are halfway decent at surviving in Hamlet.

cool it bro, I'm just making stuff up for fun and finding out IF there would be an possibility.

The thing is Wickerbottom has all Science Machine tier recipes prototyped already from the begging, which gives her an Early game advantage over other characters despite the fact other characters only just have to make a Science Machine to get all these recipes normally.

the same could be said of Key to the City and Executive Hammer Early game advantage. one could craft a book with just 2 papers and 50 oincs or so and get a book that gives you both at the same time.

not to mention with Merged Crafting available now, one could make the Book in other DLCs and easily build their own city there.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

cool it bro, I'm just making stuff up for fun and finding out IF there would be an possibility.

Yes and I'm just pointing out why it'd be a terrible idea. And I am already perfectly cool, thank you.

First of all, as you said, Wicker already has an early game advantage and she doesn't need another one. Besides, the Hamlet book is meant to replace On Tentacles and The Joys of Volcanology, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be the most late game of all of Wicker's books.

Secondly, as far as early game advantages go, it's stupidly broken and not in a fun way. Right now, you gotta do a whole lot of ruins/dungeon exploration to get both the key and the hammer. What you're suggesting is giving Wicker the option to opt out of a huge part of Hamlet's challenge. And no, it's not comparable to being able to craft a lantern 2 days earlier than every other character.

Lastly, an early game advantage will, by definition, become obsolete very quickly. Even more so in Hamlet, where you need to be able to find the Aporkalypse Calendar to play for more than 60 days. Anyone who can do that will be able to get the key and the hammer with little issue and the book will end up sitting around and collecting dust in no time.

7 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Yes and I'm just pointing out why it'd be a terrible idea. And I am already perfectly cool, thank you.

well its just an idea, personally I'm trying to guess what sort of Book will she be getting from all the mechanics I have seen in the game yet.

and you should present your own idea of a Book you think Wickerbottom should get in HAM if you think my other's ideas are terrible.

18 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

First of all, as you said, Wicker already has an early game advantage and she doesn't need another one.

I didn't say she doesn't need another one, infact I will say now that if she can become even more overpowered, I would be very happy : D

20 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Secondly, as far as early game advantages go, it's stupidly broken and not in a fun way. Right now, you gotta do a whole lot of ruins/dungeon exploration to get both the key and the hammer. What you're suggesting is giving Wicker the option to opt out of a huge part of Hamlet's challenge. And no, it's not comparable to being able to craft a lantern 2 days earlier than every other character.

They Joy of Volcanologoy is literally the most cheapest and cheesiest item compared to its counterpart in the game.
Book only requires 2 Obsidian and 2 Paper to Craft and no Sanity is lost when used.
and Staff requires 4 Obsidian, 1 Dragoon Heart, a Fire Staff and a Workbench that is only found in the Volcano.

Other players will have quite a hard time getting the Staff while as Wicker can just make the Book without hassle and enjoy

26 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Lastly, an early game advantage will, by definition, become obsolete very quickly. Even more so in Hamlet, where you need to be able to find the Aporkalypse Calendar to play for more than 60 days. Anyone who can do that will be able to get the key and the hammer with little issue and the book will end up sitting around and collecting dust in no time.

I'm looking it from the angle that if we take The Science Machine and Wickerbottom's main advantage into consideration, it already becomes useless when you can get an Alchemy Engine crafted.

So over all its both an Early game Advantage and Late game Uselessness considering all this.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

well its just an idea, personally I'm trying to guess what sort of Book will she be getting from all the mechanics I have seen in the game yet.

and you should present your own idea of a Book you think Wickerbottom should get in HAM if you think my other's ideas are terrible.

Why can't I hold all these thought-terminating cliches? "It's just an idea, so stop thinking about it." "If you can't do better, stop thinking about it."

I dare say you sound like you feel personally attacked.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

I didn't say she doesn't need another one, infact I will say now that if she can become even more overpowered, I would be very happy : D

I suppose I could have phrased that a little better. You said Wicker already has an early game advantage, so I said she doesn't need another one.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

They Joy of Volcanologoy is literally the most cheapest and cheesiest item compared to its counterpart in the game.
Book only requires 2 Obsidian and 2 Paper to Craft and no Sanity is lost when used.
and Staff requires 4 Obsidian, 1 Dragoon Heart, a Fire Staff and a Workbench that is only found in the Volcano.

Other players will have quite a hard time getting the Staff while as Wicker can just make the Book without hassle and enjoy

The Key to the City and the Executive Hammer are a huge part of Hamlet's endgame and perhaps its greatest selling point. The Volcanic Staff does not in any way play a similar role in Shipwrecked and is, in fact, an extremely niche item.

3 hours ago, MWY said:

I'm looking it from the angle that if we take The Science Machine and Wickerbottom's main advantage into consideration, it already becomes useless when you can get an Alchemy Engine crafted.

So over all its both an Early game Advantage and Late game Uselessness considering all this.

If it becomes useless when you can get an Alchemy Engine crafted, then it's not Wickerbottom's main advantage.

And is there some point you're trying to make here? Cause as far as I can tell, you quoted me saying that early game advantages become obsolete later on... to tell me that early game advantages do indeed become obsolete later on?

Archived