Recommended Posts

Warlockadamm    614
5 hours ago, higor12101 said:

wich one of thoses of the list will be the next i hope is waverly Resultado de imagem para dont starve wortox meme

Maybe that spider dude... mhmmm but im not sure... 

Ps its a joke

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Misa22    302

Winnie was the first Wigfrid idea, right? 

I would like her to get a face wash and enter the game as a vegan character. 

Come on Klei, a vegan! This type if character changes the game enough to be interesting to play with! :wilson_ecstatic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
higor12101    3
1 hour ago, Warlockadamm said:

Maybe that spider dude... mhmmm but im not sure... 

Ps its a joke

ma boyi think gonna be the waverly or winnie

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lillyth    50
On 29-3-2019 at 7:12 PM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Lel. PvP in DST. I admire your wishful thinking lad.

Also PvP in DST: no, thank you! Had enough of screeching 12 years olds spewing profanities in CS or WoT chat for a lifetime of "NO, ty" to PvP insanity :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, but this post alone shows you've never done PvP in this game. I used to play on PvP servers very often with my friends- still do at times, and it very rarely gets toxic with other players involved. Drawing comparisons to Counter Strike or WoT is a moot point, considering those are games with a ranking system and DST is not. Does it happen? Of course, as with any slightly-competitive gamemode in any game. But just seeing it and going "ew, PVP" is a terrible mindset because it encourages other players to think the same without ever having touched it. I've noticed this type of behaviour seems to happen alot on these forums.

That aside, Wortox is not quite balanced yet, PVP or no. I think his crazy powerful healing utility should not be nerfed directly, however it needs to have some sort of limit. Butterflies should not be able to give you 24 HP. A souls' power should be relative to the mob you kill. I made a suggestion on how this could be achieved here as well.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0VERSUS1y    2,820
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lillyth said:

I'm sorry, but this post alone shows you've never done PvP in this game. I used to play on PvP servers very often with my friends- still do at times, and it very rarely gets toxic with other players involved. Drawing comparisons to Counter Strike or WoT is a moot point, considering those are games with a ranking system and DST is not. Does it happen? Of course, as with any slightly-competitive gamemode in any game. But just seeing it and going "ew, PVP" is a terrible mindset because it encourages other players to think the same without ever having touched it. I've noticed this type of behaviour seems to happen alot on these forums.

You assume wrong. I've tried 3 times random PvP DST servers out of sadomasochist curiosity - and maybe that was my biggest mistake, as the random people from interwebs usually aggregating towards competitive gaming tend to be pretty toxic at large, the "I-always-need-to-prove-myself" type of toxic: first time chap hosting was camping gate with Ruins gear... you can deduce how it went. Second - dedicated server this time - was a case of "a random Wigfrid suddenly appeared" and... woopty-doop-thay-azz with a bang! And last time 2 people formed a team and decimated the server - was about as fun as... well you get the idea. And yes, in last example people were swearing left and right, probably rightly so, but no, definitely not my cup of tea. I want a pleasant and friendly overall experience, not tension and animosity in DST. Maybe with friends is more bearable, dare I say fun - or that's a nice way to lose friends, heh. Generally this is a family-friendly game, with Non-PvP Co-Op being by far the most popular way of going at DST - actually from all 3123 servers online atm of this post, only 75 are PvP type (and almost all of them are at a 1-2 players or empty), thus a measly 2.4%. You can ascribe that to game being very imbalanced, yet one can make an all-Wolf or all-Wicker madness and see who got "to do to be da bes" bragging rights - still such abysmally small percentage maybe underlines that core-player base really isn't interested in PvP in this game, but a mentioned pleasant and friendly overall experience - again DST being targeted as a friendly-family game.

 

As I've pointed before: this year we'll be having character re-balances; Wortox will be further tweaked for sure. Most likely our cast of expanding survivors won't be dragged at a "just very small variation on Wicker" level for love of strict mechanical balance, but made pretty fun in their slight imbalances and "op" nature. Would this bring PvP to spotlight? Pretty surely not. Will PvP servers reach 10% or above? Very doubtful.

 

If you've "noticed this type of behaviour seems to happen alot on these forums" - aka people at large not interested in PvP, also correlated with underlined 2.4%-mostly-empty PvP servers online atm perhaps... you are preaching to the wrong game-crowd? Maybe bulk of players playing DST aren't your type of players, the "slightly-competitive gamemode" ones?! Think about that for a moment :)

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*some corrections*
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Misa22    302

I have been thinking that maybe he should have like 3 types of souls (lesser, standard and grand) and make the stats they give proportional to their size. 

At the end of the day, he is a blast to play and i don't want any nerfs because I am tired of nerfs making some characters useless and/or boring (and it is what took us to this revamp situation). 

He is fun, different, fresh and fine as it is, but I guess I agree that souls may need some tweaks. 

 

What do you guys think about that "souls size" idea? (it is kinda an important nerf since it would take 3 inventory slots, though). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lillyth    50
Posted (edited)

I don't think you've fully read my reply. Let's see.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

You assume wrong. I've tried 3 times random PvP DST servers out of sadomasochist curiosity - and maybe that was my biggest mistake, as the random people from interwebs usually aggregating towards competitive gaming tend to be pretty toxic at large, the "I-always-need-to-prove-myself" type of toxic: first time chap hosting was camping gate with Ruins gear... you can deduce how it went. Second - dedicated server this time - was a case of "a random Wigfrid suddenly appeared" and... woopty-doop-thay-azz with a bang! And last time 2 people formed a team and decimated the server - was about as fun as... well you get the idea.

Firstly, if you're going into a player-hosted PvP server, you should expect nothing less than to get spawnkilled. You cannot know what they're doing from the outside; for example, they could be in creative mode with friends or some such- and if you're afraid of getting instakilled, don't trust a player-hosted server. Simple as that. Your other points boil down to getting better at the gamemode. If this is your first time going into PvP, you shouldn't expect to rule a server singlehandedly (if that's what you're going for).

I'm not trying to say PvP is balanced though. Wigfrid spawncamping does happen, but that's something Klei could tweak, or, find a good PvP server which I imagine you didn't do. To me it seems you didn't give it a fair chance- and if you go into something wanting to hate it, of course you're not going to like it.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

And yes, in last example people were swearing left and right, probably rightly so, but no, definitely not my cup of tea. I want a pleasant and friendly overall experience, not tension and animosity in DST. Maybe with friends is more bearable, dare I say fun - or that's a nice way to lose friends, heh.

This is a very important line. If there's swearing and you want to play without hearing what other players are saying, there is a mute option just for that. And I'm sure you know this, but you are also not obligated to play. If you wanna build base for the 100th time, you can do just that in other servers. Know though that there are people who do like sparring against eachother and have friends who don't leave them over a game of Don't Starve. 

Besides, you talk as if cursing and getting frustrated with others doesn't happen in the holy vanilla survival experience. Who's that toxic Wicker flaming at someone for misplacing a bush?

All this isn't to say you can't have people be nice to eachother in PvP, quite the contrary. I feel that being sweet to someone in a gamemode where you're supposed to kill eachother holds much more merit than it would in PvE- though that's for you to decide, I suppose.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

...thus a measly 2.4%. You can ascribe that to game being very imbalanced, yet one can make an all-Wolf or all-Wicker madness and see who got "to do to be da bes" bragging rights - still such abysmally small percentage maybe underlines that core-player base really isn't interested in PvP in this game, but a mentioned pleasant and friendly overall experience - again DST being targeted as a friendly-family game.

This... is old news. PvP in PvE games has never been admired by everyone. Again, just because something isn't popular, should it be ignored completely? Like I said in my previous post, aren't the people who are downtalking it are kind of making sure it stays unpopular?

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

If you've "noticed this type of behaviour seems to happen alot on these forums" - aka people at large not interested in PvP, also correlated with underlined 2.4%-mostly-empty PvP servers online atm perhaps... you are preaching to the wrong game-crowd? Maybe bulk of players playing DST aren't your type of players, the "slightly-competitive gamemode" ones?! Think about that for a moment :)

I believe you have again misunderstood what I said. Perhaps it was the way I wrote it, but nevertheless. This behaviour, referring to people bandwagoning on things without having looked into them, seems to be quite prominent. This is my criticism for these forums in general; not just PvP. Though, that's a topic for another day- I believe we've already gone slightly off the subject rails here.

Edited by Lillyth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    986
1 hour ago, Lillyth said:

This... is old news. PvP in PvE games has never been admired by everyone. Again, just because something isn't popular, should it be ignored completely? Like I said in my previous post, aren't the people who are downtalking it are kind of making sure it stays unpopular?

 

I think what they were tying to say was that just because a few people think Wortox is OP doesn't mean he should change. Nobody has had any complaints about this character that doesn't involve PVP. Wortox is the most balanced character in the game, and should not change.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crimson Chin    174
1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

I think what they were tying to say was that just because a few people think Wortox is OP doesn't mean he should change. Nobody has had any complaints about this character that doesn't involve PVP. Wortox is the most balanced character in the game, and should not change.

 Saying that Wortox is the most balanced character in the game is a pretty bold statement. Klei has said that they are looking for feedback to tweak Wortox, so it seems they are planning on changing him at least little bit. It is just not true that "Nobody has had any complaints about this character that doesn't involve PVP". If you check out some of the posts from other threads and this one you will find a decent amount of people talking about him being op in CO-OP too. Why is it that you think Wortox is the most balanced character in the game anyways? Stating that doesn't make it true. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dead_Riot24    24
On 3/31/2019 at 7:45 AM, minespatch said:

I don't consider these current character updates nerfs. They feel more like a evolution for gameplay. Though I'm a casual, so maybe I'm in the wrong.

I didnt mean the new updates where nerfs, i mean the people calling for the catapults and Wortox to be nerfed id prefer klei to add stuff to make it harder (which i think they will) rather than nerf Wortox or the Catapults.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After ~12 hours of solo Wortox play, I find myself swinging in favor of reducing the heal amount from souls. Not because of PVP, but just because right now it's so much healing that I don't ever need to think about my health, even with reduced healing from food. I am virtually never below 150 out of his 200 max HP, and virtually never below 15/20 max souls. This is even more powerful in a multiplayer server where one soul can heal a team of 6 people for up to 120hp apiece.

Since souls are multi-target and so easy to farm I would consider dropping their heal amount from 20 to 8, similar to butterflies/spider glands. This would still be fairly powerful, especially when used in aoe on multiple allies, but it probably wouldn't be so overbearing as to allow Wortox to tank without kiting or armor in a lot of situations, as it currently does.

I do want to stress, though, that I still consider Wortox to be fantastically designed even with this issue, and one of the best characters re: balance. Soul Hop is tuned perfectly and should remain as-is.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Misa22    302
Posted (edited)

I have been thinking that souls should heal Wortox 8-10hp but remain healing 20hp for other players. 

This way it still would be incredibly good in team play, and still useful in solo (just not op). 

Edited by Misa22
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misa22 said:

I have been thinking that souls shoulsd heal Wortox 8-10hp but remain healing 20hp for other players. 

This way it still would be incredibly good in team play, andstill useful in solo (just not op). 

I could get behind that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Here's an idea

NO HEAL FROM FOOD

Only souls

 

I don't think this would have any noticeable effect. I never use food to heal on Wortox in his current state, and I've never seen anyone else using food to heal him either. The only foods that heal him as effectively as souls are Glommer's goop, dragonpies, pierogi, butter, flower salad, koalefant trunk steak, and fishsticks, and I don't know why you'd go to the trouble of getting any of those when you can just punch a single butterfly for the same effect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    986

I like the healing the way it is, it is his most useful ability. I do think that the souls dropped when overloaded shouldn't heal, they should just vanish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
R.Ih.Ni    126

Here's an idea, what if Wortox takes damage if he doesn't eat souls? Or will he starve faster with progression? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mooagain said:

I like the healing the way it is, it is his most useful ability.

I agree that it is his most useful ability. I just don't think it is very fun or exciting. I like, on occasion, to discover that I'm in over my head and have to bail from a dangerous situation. That never happens to me when I play Wortox in his current state.

Soul Hop is not as useful as the healing, but it is very fun and exciting (while still being pretty useful)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maradyne    2,288

If changes are made just for the sake of PvP, please keep them disabled by default and only enable on PvP-active servers and shards.

This is a PvE game with a PvP mode tacked on. Make combat feel more like a game than a ping check/jumpscare simulator before worrying about number crunching.

  -- Sincerely, One-Hit Wiggy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mooagain    986

I was looking through the wiki and it says Wortox has quotes for forge and gorge items. Does this mean we will be getting him in the forge/gorge?

I wonder what ability he would get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ModsterMash    423
53 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I was looking through the wiki and it says Wortox has quotes for forge and gorge items. Does this mean we will be getting him in the forge/gorge?

I wonder what ability he would get.

In the strings.lua file Wortox has sections for his Forge/Gorge perks, but they literally say PLACEHOLDER.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now