Wilton ideas. For some reason.

So I’ve thought of a neat lil thing about Wilton if he’s ever added.

His health would be 75 or 50 (important for later).

His hunger would be non existent.

His sanity would be 50.

So as he takes damage his arms would fall off (not at the same time) and start attacking whoever caused them to fall off. But his arms take off a permanent chunk of his health when they fall off (around 5 or 10) and if they are killed, so he’ll be able to pick them up and restore that health. 

BUT if his arms are destroyed he can knaw (8 times) on a skeleton (boon) to break it for bone shards which if he eats 1 or 2 will regrow his arms.

Another use for the bone shards, after he regrows his arms, would be to increase his max stats.

His health can be maxed out to 150 or 125.

His hunger would still be non existent.

And his sanity could be upgraded to 250 (He’s seen it all, lol).

So those are my ideas, Lemmer know yours!

I had to copy and paste the arms falling off cause I put it at the very beginning of the topic.

I really think this Wilton concept should just remain as it is: a discarded concept - and for good reason: is only a skeleton. What hunger and sanity mechanic can have a pile of bones in DST context? What sort of backstory can an.. itinerant bare-carcas have?! At least one can argue the upcoming Wortox is some sort of Krampus. I for one hope Klei won't just drop a half-baked inside joke regarding "1 million Wilsons" as a character. Would feel very random and out-of-place however you look at it, on par with that other hilarity - a mod-like jab at another game, aka Pyro.

I'd also like to point out for this concept, the wilton character would need entirely new animations for picking with one hand or no hands as well as each falling off regrowing etc. it would just be a headache to make an the only thing you get for it is a character that has a weird fight mechanic.

3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

I really think this Wilton concept should just remain as it is: a discarded concept - and for good reason: is only a skeleton. What hunger and sanity mechanic can have a pile of bones in DST context? What sort of backstory can an.. itinerant bare-carcas have?! At least one can argue the upcoming Wortox is some sort of Krapus. I for one hope Klei won't just drop a half-baked inside joke regarding "1 million Wilsons" as a character. Would feel very random and out-of-place however you look at it, on par with that other hilarity - a mod-like jab at another game, aka Pyro.

Yeah I kind of figure that he’s never gonna come to the game I just wanted to talk about character abilities for an unimplemented character to distract myself from the Wortox hype lol

9 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

I really think this Wilton concept should just remain as it is: a discarded concept - and for good reason: is only a skeleton. What hunger and sanity mechanic can have a pile of bones in DST context? What sort of backstory can an.. itinerant bare-carcas have?! At least one can argue the upcoming Wortox is some sort of Krampus. I for one hope Klei won't just drop a half-baked inside joke regarding "1 million Wilsons" as a character. Would feel very random and out-of-place however you look at it, on par with that other hilarity - a mod-like jab at another game, aka Pyro.

why do you hate fun?

1 hour ago, Hell-met said:

why do you hate fun?

Lel. Is not about "hating fun" but what is the context of said fun within the given game - aka the set of rules proposed by game, DST in this case, mechanics and lore wise - the "making sense within the premise/context" thingy if you will. Until now the given cast of characters makes a certain in-universe sense, they don't ooze some "suddenly a wild nonsense appears"; even the more "eccentric" ones abide by this rule: WX is an automaton akin Clockworks, Wilbur a sentient monkey similar to Cave and SW monkeys, even Webber - though pretty exotic - is a sort of "hybrid" between human and spider (of which we have plenty in DS/T universe). But then there is the concept of an animated skeleton. Pls tell me what type of mob-skeleton or otherwise walking corpse do we have in DS/T to date? Sure Klei could retcon and introduce even more outlandish concepts (mobs and biomes), pushing the boundaries of lore and whatnot - but it begs the question: when you reach the instant all feels all-over-the-place and disjointed to the point of a nonsensical world? Because a nonsensical world and characters makes you numb, not caring and thus affecting your game immersion/escapism. For me that limit/instant/point-of-no-return is Wilton's concept as canon.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Lel. Is not about "hating fun" but what is the context of said fun within the given game - aka the set of rules proposed by game, DST in this case, mechanics and lore wise - the "making sense within the premise/context" thingy if you will. Until now the given cast of characters makes a certain in-universe sense, they don't ooze some "suddenly a wild nonsense appears"; even the more "eccentric" ones abide by this rule: WX is an automaton akin Clockworks, Wilbur a sentient monkey similar to Cave and SW monkeys, even Webber - though pretty exotic - is a sort of "hybrid" between human and spider (of which we have plenty in DS/T universe). But then there is the concept of an animated skeleton. Pls tell me what type of mob-skeleton or otherwise walking corpse do we have in DS/T to date? Sure Klei could retcon and introduce even more outlandish concepts (mobs and biomes), pushing the boundaries of lore and whatnot - but it begs the question: when you reach the instant all feels all-over-the-place and disjointed to the point of a nonsensical world? Because a nonsensical world and characters makes you numb, not caring and thus affecting your game immersion/escapism. For me that limit/instant/point-of-no-return is Wilton's concept as canon.

WX makes no sense either. He's advertised as a robot but still eats human food, has sanity and reacts to elements the same way a person does.

The constant isn't a real life simulator, there's ton of magic unexplained business. Maybe such as a sentient skeleton.

Point is, the vast majority of players would immediately acknowledge wilton as a new interesting player class and playstyle, rather than be bothered about trivial nonsense.

20 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

WX makes no sense either. He's advertised as a robot but still eats human food, has sanity and reacts to elements the same way a person does.

Hello, I explained about WX-78 a bit, in old posts months ago (And Im making a thread about it soon), but basically:

Automatons are mechanical imitations, they copy some activities of living beings.

Also I explained Wigfrid since a while, if you want know something about her:

"Countless people have crossed the Constant. Some willy or nilly, some trying to dominate it or others getting dominated, some going crazy, others trying to find some primordial secret about the world and the universe. But all these people had something in common: a day are dead.
Now, however rare, occasionally the bones of some ancient deceased seem to recompose and begin to move to the sound of some strange blasphemous melody. It is not the people who were alive, the consciousness that animates them is not of this world. But what it is, and why it does it, are questions that go beyond my capacity for deduction.
I only hope that my bones are left alone, it makes me uneasy to think that I too can one day be part of this delirious cosmic waltz"

13th letter, Wendy Carter.

Now dear Wilton is contextualized.

Archived