Where did the redeem code go PS4

These item codes were not intended for use on PS4 as noted on the items themselves, they are for use on PC. We had an old code redemption system on PS4 that allowed them to be used temporarily however Sony will not allow codes to be used in the game on PS4 and code redemption had to be removed.

Sounds like the Funko skins just became the rarest skins on console!

Edit: For those of you with unredeemed codes, just hold onto your codes for now. Klei has expressed interest in making skins linked between PC and console accounts at some point in the future. It sounds like it's still up in the air if it'll happen at all, but at least there's a chance you can redeem your codes at a later date. Your funko pop purchase definitely isn't a waste. 

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

These item codes were not intended for use on PS4 as noted on the items themselves, they are for use on PC. We had an old code redemption system on PS4 that allowed them to be used temporarily however Sony will not allow codes to be used in the game on PS4 and code redemption had to be removed.

This definitely gave me a heavy heart. I hope i can redeem these codes on ps4 within the year... 

On 3/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, JoeW said:

Other companies have code redemption on their sites that add items to games on PlayStation through energy drinks and such.

The writing on the back that says it’s for pc is so small, and the fact that we had redeem codes in game lead to us make purchases. Also that the items are in the game, you should be able to understand our anger. This has to be remedied . 

18 minutes ago, Josonic said:

Does that mean nobody can get the pirate birdcage or the mini monument firepit on PS4 anymore?

I tried it when the code section was still there (4-6 months ago), it already doesn't worked at this point.

On 3/11/2019 at 12:41 PM, JoeW said:

Im also curious, if I have a redeem code that does not say anything about "not intended for ps4" and clearly states to use it on either ps4 or pc.. Am I not to still receive item?? How do you plan to deal with these said items??  Just a shrug and move on? 

I'm very upset. As I would not have spent the money had a know you were planning to removed redeem code option. I really hope you plan to help out your console fan base.

Capture+_2019-03-12-21-26-45~2.png

On 3/11/2019 at 10:41 PM, JoeW said:

These item codes were not intended for use on PS4 as noted on the items themselves, they are for use on PC. We had an old code redemption system on PS4 that allowed them to be used temporarily however..

So what about redeeming through PS store like all other games?

Sony will not allow codes to be used in the game on PS4 and code redemption had to be removed.

This is actually strange! many games have a system to redeem codes in-game! just recently I used my Borderlands 2 code in-game to redeem some stuff! so why Sony are picking you guys to remove it from the game, and others not?

On 3/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, mzajy said:

so why Sony are picking you guys to remove it from the game, and others not?

Sony's being real jerks for basically picking on Klei if that's the case. I wonder if it applies to their current move to California...5bfe2c4bc698b_Arielthoncdiscord.png.5510791e124c2132fa82ba92b8d32585.png

On 14.3.2019 at 2:15 AM, mzajy said:

So what about redeeming through PS store like all other games?

This is actually strange! many games have a system to redeem codes in-game! just recently I used my Borderlands 2 code in-game to redeem some stuff! so why Sony are picking you guys to remove it from the game, and others not?

Because like don’t starve ,these in code thugs often go unnoticed. Don’t starve together has been around for a while and Sony eventually found it and since it violates Sony’s terms of service they have no choice but to remove it. The other games do this unallowed feature illegally , but it’s just a matter of time until that gets removed as well probably,if it doesn’t slip by. 

On 3/8/2019 at 10:41 PM, Mrsbloo said:

Recently bought an item and it came with a code but after update the redeem code option is gone.. 

Yeah just got Wendy for a gift as well and had the same problem looking for it on PS4 I see it's gone now but I was able to redeem it on the Xbox One version. Still having a problem actually buying skins on Xbox one but the redeem code part worked just fine. 

On 2019-03-13 at 12:32 AM, Mrsbloo said:

How do you plan to deal with these said items??  Just a shrug and move on? 

This is EXACTLY how they plan to deal with this situation.  Consumers have offered Klei many resolutions. Klei hasn’t changed one thing. The items still exist on PS4 even though the option to redeem codes has been removed. 

25 minutes ago, Mrsbloo said:

I hope klei gives ps4 their own shop to buy these skins so we arent left out like a fat kid. I'll gladly spend cash to support my favorite game for skins. 

I never wanted the Pop figure to begin with. Being able to buy just the item skins would be awesome. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

I never wanted the Pop figure to begin with. Being able to buy just the item skins would be awesome. 

Honestly, same here, I mean ill buy a Wigfrid popfigure but thats it lol

On 2019-03-11 at 3:41 PM, JoeW said:

Have you thought about implementing any other ways for PS4 users to redeem codes? Such as through the Klei website? Or  making all 4 of the funko pop skins available to ravel/unravel for spools? 

Is there a solution to this? 

If you think other people who already redeemed it will be upset, why should that matter? 

I would buy all of them if the codes worked. 

Archived