[POLL] Which Don't Starve universe character(s) would you like to see in DST as DLC characters?

Wallace, he would be really good in the cast, and I like his evil grin, he may be somewhat sinister, like Maxwell and WX-78 and I do love evil characters.

and another two new characters.

For ports, I'd go for Wilba, Wilbur and Wormwood!

Wilba because it's useful even out of Ham as I heard.

Wilbur still has utility, good for exploration and he would ally with splumonkeys or have something related to them, like bringing them outside and they work for him or harvest stuff and throw to him.

and Wormwood is also playable outside of Ham because it has nothing related with the DLC

14 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Maybe even the Pyro they made before, TF2 doesn't carry as much clout as it used to so getting the rights could be easier.

I think it's less about the rights and more about it clashing with the lore. Adding in Pyro mean that TF2 would be canon within the DS/T universe, and that just mucks up the lore by introducing unrelated elements.

10 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think it's less about the rights and more about it clashing with the lore. Adding in Pyro mean that TF2 would be canon within the DS/T universe, and that just mucks up the lore by introducing unrelated elements.

Just add "Non-Canonical" as one of his perks on his character select page. :p

11 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

I would honestly love klei to scrap the uninplemented characters and use them in-game, (the same as Wortox, which is confirmed) like for example Wilton.

i may be wrong, but im not. to scrap something is to discard, retire, or flat out throw away. scrapping and implementing are essentially in polar opposition.

Most of them wouldn't be worth it or wouldn't even work.To note, I haven't played Hamlet.

Maybe... Probably Not

Wormwood - I like that he supplies a very different approach to the game, but I'm not sure how his plants being harmed draining his sanity would work well in Together. Woodie chopping his tree farm would be like instant insanity for Wormwood! His bloom feature would also be a nightmare in terms of cosmetics. Maybe we could get a Mushroom man off of this instead, only loses sanity for shrooms being picked/damaged. and could let off spores like the cave ones.

Wilba - Sounds like several like her and could like her addition. I'm not sure how any of her pig royalty perks could come into play though in an interesting fashion. Werepig form feels like a better Woodie Beaver to, not sure I care much for that.

Warly - His perks and portable crock pot could work out for DST. I feel he would be insanely popular for weaker players since a portable crock pot would be their god. I like aspects of him, but I do wonder if he'd really even effect the game enough in an interesting way to be warranted. He's better than Winona at least.

Rather Not

The Other Unimplemented Members - Most of them are pretty meh. A vegetarian would be cool, but I think a male would be a better contrast to Wigfrid's meats only motif. The scary old dude and witch feel like early art of Woodie and Wickerbottom. Skeleton could be cool, but I imagine he'd be rough to balance and make cosmetics for. There's a general lack of creativity or flair if the characters we get all come out of this pool. One is enough, and it appears Wortox took that spot.

Wilbur- He wasn't balanced in mind for a massive land mass. There's monkey in the ruins, but I don't really think that's enough to justify him.

Pure Nope

Woodlegs - Was born for the Ocean, his special boat, and digging up treasures. Only the third has a shot of coming into DST. But his general water over land motif really wouldn't work with DST since we may never get any water mechanics. And if we do, it'll likely be small scale.

Walani - She was considered pretty flat in Shipwrecked itself. Her perks are about waves and water mechanics. Does not fit and would likely end up Winona 2. We don't need that.

Warbucks - He failed in Hamlet with Hamlet related perks, there's nothing for him in DST's world. RIP.

56 minutes ago, VexTheHex said:

A vegetarian would be cool, but I think a male would be a better contrast to Wigfrid's meats only motif.

Yeah, I would be down for this. 

Btw, guys... Am I the only one that pictures Wolfgang saying "Ha! Is funny plant man!" when referring to Wormwood? :wilson_ecstatic:

Wormwood and Warly would be perfect additions to multiplayer as far as their perks go. Wormwood because the food mechanics would be a boon to public server clown fiestas, and Warly as a traveling kitchen for ruins rushing groups/Toadstool/ect. Maybe more with the coming updates; we still don't have enough info to say.

Warbucks for aesthetic if DST ever bothers doing anything for PvP. Go full-on The Most Dangerous Game with him and he'd be a good antagonist for a big PvP update; which could also add in more traps and general combat variety, something positive for the rest of the game. And with more options available, maybe less people would complain about AI bugs being fixed.

5 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

Most of them wouldn't be worth it or wouldn't even work.To note, I haven't played Hamlet.

Maybe... Probably Not

Wormwood - I like that he supplies a very different approach to the game, but I'm not sure how his plants being harmed draining his sanity would work well in Together. Woodie chopping his tree farm would be like instant insanity for Wormwood! His bloom feature would also be a nightmare in terms of cosmetics. Maybe we could get a Mushroom man off of this instead, only loses sanity for shrooms being picked/damaged. and could let off spores like the cave ones.

Wilba - Sounds like several like her and could like her addition. I'm not sure how any of her pig royalty perks could come into play though in an interesting fashion. Werepig form feels like a better Woodie Beaver to, not sure I care much for that.

Warly - His perks and portable crock pot could work out for DST. I feel he would be insanely popular for weaker players since a portable crock pot would be their god. I like aspects of him, but I do wonder if he'd really even effect the game enough in an interesting way to be warranted. He's better than Winona at least.

Rather Not

The Other Unimplemented Members - Most of them are pretty meh. A vegetarian would be cool, but I think a male would be a better contrast to Wigfrid's meats only motif. The scary old dude and witch feel like early art of Woodie and Wickerbottom. Skeleton could be cool, but I imagine he'd be rough to balance and make cosmetics for. There's a general lack of creativity or flair if the characters we get all come out of this pool. One is enough, and it appears Wortox took that spot.

Wilbur- He wasn't balanced in mind for a massive land mass. There's monkey in the ruins, but I don't really think that's enough to justify him.

Pure Nope

Woodlegs - Was born for the Ocean, his special boat, and digging up treasures. Only the third has a shot of coming into DST. But his general water over land motif really wouldn't work with DST since we may never get any water mechanics. And if we do, it'll likely be small scale.

Walani - She was considered pretty flat in Shipwrecked itself. Her perks are about waves and water mechanics. Does not fit and would likely end up Winona 2. We don't need that.

Warbucks - He failed in Hamlet with Hamlet related perks, there's nothing for him in DST's world. RIP.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1655723764&searchtext=Wort

Wort. The mushroom man.

7 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

Woodie chopping his tree farm would be like instant insanity for Wormwood!

The sanity loss could be toned down when other players (or Maxwell's puppets) directly chop down a tree. Otherwise, just run away when mass forest murder occurs.

7 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

His bloom feature would also be a nightmare in terms of cosmetics.

It wouldn't be much worse then Wolfgang with his wimpy, normal and mighty form.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, VexTheHex said:

Wilba - Sounds like several like her and could like her addition. I'm not sure how any of her pig royalty perks could come into play though in an interesting fashion

The dst pigs could naturally protect her like they protect other pigs, even when she hasnt befriended them. They could also gift her 1 random item every 3-4 days if she passes by them, with a chance system similar to tumbleweeds: higher chance of getting crappy items such as a rope, a gold, a trinket, etc and a much smaller chance that they gift valuables such as gems, gears. They would both be minor perks, just a nice tiny adition, and I assume the werepig would be her main thing.

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The dst pigs could naturally protect her like they protect other pigs, even when she hasnt befriended them. They could also gift her 1 random item every 3-4 days if she passes by them, with a chance system similar to tumbleweeds: higher chance of getting crappy items such as a rope, a gold, a trinket, etc and a much smaller chance that they gift valuables such as gems, gears. They would both be minor perks, just a nice tiny adition, and I assume the werepig would be her main thing.

She doesn't sound that exciting or different in that light though to warrant addition here. Pigs often protect you without even friending them since most aggressive creatures are monsters and also spark the pigs to attack anyways. Werepig being a better Beaver would also be salt on Woodie's wounds.

She could potentially not be attacked by Pig Guards, but I don't think that set piece is even common enough to matter. At least I almost never see it.

Of the unimplemented my most favorites are Wallace and Wortox (already confirmed unless is a red herring). Wallace because he seems eccentric, and Wortox because he sounds very unique, hat the hell is he? Is he related to the krampii? Is he a demon? We know nothing of the character, which gives him a lot of potential; but also gives him a high expectation (similar to Winona, but she didn't have the bar too high, so...). Winnie doesn't seem unique enough, and I can't see how Wilton (as a skeleton) would work. Waverly could work, but I really think we got our witch in Wickerbottom already.

Of the DLC characters I think the most fitting would be Warly, Wilbur, Wilba, and Wormwood. You can squeeze Warbucks if you try real hard.

• Warly is obvious. He would lose a couple recipes, but overall he is already set to work outside his DLC. Only thing is that they should re-work some of his food related perks a little (having a bigger stomach, but a faster hunger rate kind of doesn't make sense, for example; also he should be just a little less picky). I really like the character honestly and would love him in DST.
  • Wilbur is a monkey. Do I need to say something else? I don't like him too much, but is a solid character.
  • Even though Wilba is pretty cool, I don't think she will add anything "inherently" new outside of being a combat Woodie? I dunno. But hey, she is at least a fun character.
  • Wormwood I have mixed feelings: he feels incomplete, yet he is almost perfect as a "support" character in DST.
  • Warbucks would require a bit of a re-work on the oinc=sanity perk, and also a perk to substitute his treasure hunting tools durability perk. I love the character, but I don't think is worth the trouble unless they change him considerably, which by itself is a lot of trouble.

Of course, this new characters are paid characters, right? I don't think port characters are going to be "paid" characters specially considering you can go for a free mod for that (unless they decide to take them all down). I am going to ignore that though, but oh well.

So, the 3 characters I would like to see coming are Wallace, Warly, and Wormwood. Without considering Warly or Wormwood (for the reason stated above), I guess Winnie as a sort of animal herder/controller (?)... And a completely new character? Maybe a male vegan/vegetarian to contrast with Wigfrid as someone recommended? I dunno.

Results.thumb.png.abd158339014f6a94b2d3aa71260e5f9.png

Here are the poll results as of 25 February 2019.  Wormwood appears to be the most popular character wanted in DST as a DLC character, indicating that people liked its mechanics in Hamlet beta, like the concept of a playable plant character, or overall like the design. The Wormwood responses might also have been inflated by proximity error, meaning it may have gathered extra attention as the most recently added character. The "Completely new, unseen character" option was also picked almost as many times as wormwood, suggessing that almost half (four out of every 10 respondants) want to see some brand new characters over already existing/scrapped characters. 3rd and 4th Places were taken By Shipwrecked's Warly and Hamlet's Wilba, both picked by at least a quarter of respondants. Warly is also significant for being picked the most times amongst the four Shipwrecked characters and the only explicitly human character amongst the top 6 picks, indicating his popularity and potential compatibility with the DST environment as a cook. Wilba, also garnering a close vote suggest the overall popularity of current Hamlet DLC characters in early access, in stark contrast with the removed Warbucks, who only takes about one tenth of the picks for multiplayer arena. Wilbur the monkey is also a popular pick, pick of 1/5 of respondants, cementing the popularity of animalistic characters over human ones for the DLC role. Amongst the unimplemented characters Wilton the skeleton is the most popular, getting about 5% more demand than Wallace and Waverly. Woodlegs takes the least number of votes, potentially due to his incompatibility in the unsailable waters of DST or the lack of enthusiasim going on specifically for his character amongst DST players.

Archived