Best way to restore sanity early?

The "ideal" is to learn how to kill the sanity monsters and use them to regain sanity while getting some nightmare fuel, but if you don't care about what the ideal is and would rather chillax while playing you can use cooked green mushrooms to regain 15 sanity and lose 1 health (the green mushrooms come out at dusk, you can remove them with a shovel to get a extra one but that would mean REMOVING the spawn so do it as you will) and/or sleep using a tent or a bed roll (keep in mind that your hunger depletes faster while you sleep and that Wickerbottom can't sleep). Those are the easiest ways that I can think to regain sanity, if you can survive long enough maybe you'll be able to find Mac Tusk in the winter, which drops the hat "Tam o' Shanter" that makes easier managing your sanity and the "Walrus Tusk" which can be used to make a "Walking cane" that makes you walk faster.

1 hour ago, Pruinae said:

The "ideal" is to learn how to kill the sanity monsters and use them to regain sanity while getting some nightmare fuel, but if you don't care about what the ideal is and would rather chillax while playing you can use cooked green mushrooms to regain 15 sanity and lose 1 health (the green mushrooms come out at dusk, you can remove them with a shovel to get a extra one but that would mean REMOVING the spawn so do it as you will) and/or sleep using a tent or a bed roll (keep in mind that your hunger depletes faster while you sleep and that Wickerbottom can't sleep). Those are the easiest ways that I can think to regain sanity, if you can survive long enough maybe you'll be able to find Mac Tusk in the winter, which drops the hat "Tam o' Shanter" that makes easier managing your sanity and the "Walrus Tusk" which can be used to make a "Walking cane" that makes you walk faster.

thx for your answer, i do know how to kite the nightmare monsters but i wanted to play it safe

I didnt think about the cooked green caps tho, ill try to keep that in mind next time so thx for that!

anyways its almost winter in my world now and i found a walrus camp so let's hope i get the tam o'shanter and walking cane soon ^^'

WELP

he dropped everything 

but i just died in the dumbest way ever so rip

Screenshot_55.png

Green shrooms tho they're often spread out and dont have a map icon so hard to find. Cactus flesh is much easier to farm and gives same sanity + hunger + hp when cooked. Also i often destroy the first few T1 spider dens i find to make a Top hat as soon as u make science machine. those are the three early sanity sources i think: shrooms green/blue, cacti and top hat. 

Some characters also have unique ways to quickly restore sanity: Woodie can just stockpile pinecones or birchnuts then plant them when you need fast sanity (5 sanity each) Willow can just stay near fires or burning items, the more items burning at the same time the more sanity gained (its best to drop them one by one, other than in stacks).

Wigfrid is the only character the mushrooms and cactii suggestions wont work with, for her, in the early game its either sleeping or killing stuff (I recommend killing spiders).

55 minutes ago, 1v0 said:

Pick flowers and make the flower hat, it's not the fastest but maybe the easiest. Each flower picked restores your sanity by 5 if I remember correctly.

you are right however i wouldnt consider that a good method of gaining sanity because flowers arent renewable and butterflies spawn from them

Fastest way to get sanity is sleeping, preferably in a tent to get healed too but if you need sanity only and have many grass to spare, you should just make a straw roll and sleep in it for a quarter of a day, you'll gain all the sanity back, just have a crock pot dish ready to bring your hunger back up

20 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Fastest way to get sanity is sleeping, preferably in a tent to get healed too but if you need sanity only and have many grass to spare, you should just make a straw roll and sleep in it for a quarter of a day, you'll gain all the sanity back, just have a crock pot dish ready to bring your hunger back up

cant sleep im wickerbottom ^'

9 minutes ago, Splits said:

cant sleep im wickerbottom ^'

Oof, then the solution is easy, go the Celestial Portal with a Moon idol and change into Winona and then sleep.

Though if you for some unimaginable reason persist on playing as the old lady my suggestion would be going to the nearest desert with an armor item or two. Both Dragonfly and Antlion deserts will do; pick all the cacti while wearing armor, more the merrier. Cook them and eat them. I find the cacti fleshes to be a more reliable and sustainable edible for restoring sanity than the mushrooms in the overworld. One will restore 15 sanity alongside 15 hunger and 1 health

41 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oof, then the solution is easy, go the Celestial Portal with a Moon idol and change into Winona and then sleep.

Though if you for some unimaginable reason persist on playing as the old lady my suggestion would be going to the nearest desert with an armor item or two. Both Dragonfly and Antlion deserts will do; pick all the cacti while wearing armor, more the merrier. Cook them and eat them. I find the cacti fleshes to be a more reliable and sustainable edible for restoring sanity than the mushrooms in the overworld. One will restore 15 sanity alongside 15 hunger and 1 health

wickerbottom is the best character

try me boi

also who the hell is flippin winona she succs

34 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

PLAY MAXWELL

n        o                          >:C

3 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Dawnt yu dare talk manure about the Best Girl Winona. She'll crush your old geezer's spine anyday, and repeat it three more times by the dusk by putting it back together with tape.

i never played and will never play as winona !

and thats thx to YOU !!! >:CCCCCCCCCC

12 minutes ago, Splits said:

you are my best friend now

(willow worst girl btw) 

Sorry to burst your bouble but the official Best Girl 2019 Index Algorithm is out and according to it the new listing of Don't Starve Together survivors from best girl to the worst is as follows: [Unfortunately the old hag isn't very high on it]

Best Girl Index.png

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Sorry to burst your bouble but the official Best Girl 2019 Index Algorithm is out and according to it the new listing of Don't Starve Together survivors from best girl to the worst is as follows: [Unfortunately the old hag isn't very high on it]

Best Girl Index.png

PLEASE STOP TALKING TO ME 

YOU MAKE ME RLLY ANGRY

ILL KILL U >:CCCCCCCC

btw wx78 should be best girl so this list isnt accurate

Archived