Your World, Your Rules!

ucw

Do people tweak their worlds, yes or no?  And if yes, what do you do?

I'll start: I often make one small change, I change scorpions to "less" because I get poisoned chopping trees as I don't seem to move away fast enough.  

Also, I played some games with the mild season longer just so I could get used to what I needed to do early game to survive later.    

3 hours ago, ucw said:

Do people tweak their worlds, yes or no?  And if yes, what do you do?

I'll start: I often make one small change, I change scorpions to "less" because I get poisoned chopping trees as I don't seem to move away fast enough.  

Also, I played some games with the mild season longer just so I could get used to what I needed to do early game to survive later.    

You might want to try using a rabbit trap. Drop it near the tree before you chop and then lead the scorpion to it if one spawns. It costs a few grass and twigs but is much faster than kiting the stupid things. Then you won’t miss out on the chiton and monster meat.

2 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

i increase boons for sweet sweet setpieces, i don't think its that much of a cheat cause most setpieces aren't that good it just spices the game a little

the reason why we need more setpieces, especially traps.

i set ferns, decor vines and jungle canopys to "none", cause my computer is … not good.

i also set tall grass hay fields to "less" for the same reason.

2 hours ago, FeNniX said:

Once I changed ghosts to no, but they still spawned during aporkalypse.

I think this is like how you set scorpions to no and they still spawn from earthquakes. Perhaps these settings only affect how mobs are spawned upon world generation.

8 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I set vampire bats to less becasue i heard on normal they don't have a cap. Not sure if that's changed now. I also set jungle ferns to less or none...

Funny enough, normally they don't have a cap. But if you change their setting they gain one.

9 hours ago, WalaniWigi said:

I sometimes turn off hay fever after sitting by tea trees the whole season and getting nothing done. :( I can't seem to find blooming nettle bushes to try that method.

Have you dug up nettles and relocated them next to water?  

Archived