Projects to keep yourself occupied?

Is DS and DST, I find that I have more fun if I am always working towards something. Simply surviving is boring for me, so I make projects to pass the time. What projects are you working/have completed?

Necessity Projects (projects that have a tangible benefit on gameplay):

• Massive road system to everywhere of importance
  •  Bases in the Ruins and Caves
  • Bunnymen/spider farm
  • Organized storage system
  • Large field of drying racks
  • Grass/Twigs farm

Vanity Projects (No effect, just did it for the fun or challenge):

• Full scaled chest of Nightmare Fuel
  • One of every staff and amulet
  • A TON of fireflies in you base for night time
  • Making your base a work of art worthy of being added to the Library of Congress.
  • A chest full of gems
  • Mob Statues (mobs trapped in walls in your base, forever)
  • A zoo
  • Filling a bundling wrap with eels, then giving them all to the Pig King to get 800 gold

What do you guys do?

tinker for even better design of bunny farm

massive kitchen. 26 crockpots for me. this is useful for mass catering of dragonpie

building large plot of improved farms

combat ration system. wrap up stacks of pierogi/jerky/dragonpie. grab them on the go when you need to fight

100% scale chest system

winter honey farm. build massive array of beeboxes, to harvest them during the winter.

automated walrus farm

dragonfly arena. cobble stone the entire area, and wall the lava pools, just so u can chase the dragonfly when it is flying between the pools

toadstool arena. fill the entire arena with stonewall, to block the spawn of sporecap

fire resisting your buildings. put scale turf underneath them

making ruin as safe as surface. build bunny farm, walling all the mobs there

big sanity spa

houndius shootius everywhere for hound defence

planting moleworm everywhere to automate mineral collection

consuming all the hound tooth, by making them into blow dart. i havent figured what to blow on though, with my 1k blow dart

creating more beefalo herd

issuing a krampus sack to any player over 20 days in your server

farming record number of logs using bearger. my current record so far is 2500 logs.

organising fight against boss, like ancient fuelweaver, misery toadstool, without cheese, with other players

i have left some of the execution vague, and some other stuff out. do base tour of others people world, to get new and improved ideas. learning and improving is part of the experience.

and for me, the biggest project of all, bringing a klei server to 5000 days.

50 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Beefalo Domestication is certainly a Necessity Project at some point imo, it makes your overworld life so much easier And it takes quite some time and resources so it's a project to dedicate yourself to 

having 2 or 3 beefalos is extra good when friends join me

I spend my time totally customizing every area in my world. Making new themed bases, "new" biomes, putting in little details, and gathering the resources to do so. Really anything that helps fill up the world with things of interest. 

EDIT: Click the link in my signature if you're looking for some ideas. 

18 hours ago, blizstorm said:

consuming all the hound tooth, by making them into blow dart. i havent figured what to blow on though, with my 1k blow dart

You have like 100k damage in those darts, enough to kill a misery as long as you have enough to freeze it and players with time to waste, and if you have wolfs mightified, you can absolutely destroy it in about 250 darts

OP covers most of what I do with a couple omissions.

- Placing matching moonrock markers at each wormhole above ground, and in the caves. (Before moonrock markers I would rip up a 4x4 section of turf around the wormhole and use different turfs to mark locations). 

- Moving rock lobsters to stand guard at a walled off section of a caves / ruins base

- Putting a catcoon in a small fenced in area above ground and placing moles outside of it. (Small meat farm)

- Cave mushroom farms in frequently traveled connector spots where bundled food is not necessary (fast travel to other parts of the map, etc)

- Surveillance networks with Ocuvigils

21 hours ago, zergologist said:

You have like 100k damage in those darts, enough to kill a misery as long as you have enough to freeze it and players with time to waste, and if you have wolfs mightified, you can absolutely destroy it in about 250 darts

I was a little wrong, misery has about 100,000  health, so those darts should be useful in killing an entire misery toad without much left

21 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Cage Koalefants

How do you cage koalefants in the ruins? :p

21 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Cage Treeguards

(actually serious question) How do you cage treeguards? I wanted to do this earlier but they kept teleporting out of my pen when I left or reloaded the area.

Archived