What is the point of a stable?

I get the general point of stables, but there doesn't seem to be a need for them once you've tamed one of each creature.  Since every egg they lay after being tamed is tamed, keeping to a 96 tile layout doesn't seem to have a benefit.

So, am I just missing something?  The overlay says that Stables increase their production and they are less hostile, but I've had massive rooms of critters that don't seem to have any different behavior than those in a stable.  Granted, I haven't tested this or anything, but I don't see a big advantage to keeping them in a stable once domesticated.

10 minutes ago, DemainaNyx said:

I get the general point of stables, but there doesn't seem to be a need for them once you've tamed one of each creature.  Since every egg they lay after being tamed is tamed, keeping to a 96 tile layout doesn't seem to have a benefit.

So, am I just missing something?  The overlay says that Stables increase their production and they are less hostile, but I've had massive rooms of critters that don't seem to have any different behavior than those in a stable.  Granted, I haven't tested this or anything, but I don't see a big advantage to keeping them in a stable once domesticated.

Don't think there is one. There's also no point in farms unless you have lots of fertilizer, and no point in power rooms unless you have refined metal to waste.

With the current state where Grooming and Shearing can occur outside of stables, there really isn't a lot of point to them.

However, I fully expect that to get changed eventually so that the stations only work inside of a valid stable area.

12 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Don't think there is one. There's also no point in farms unless you have lots of fertilizer, and no point in power rooms unless you have refined metal to waste.

Farm helps for wheat so you use 50% dirt.  I stopped using them for berries when the made the dirt/fertilizer change

17 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

5kg of fertilizer cooked turn into 5kg of dirt. But when you mine it, you get 50% of the mass so 5kg of fertilizer = 2.5kg of dirt.

I think so. But...5kg fertilizer turn to 10kg of dirt. After we dig it .we have 5 kg of dirt. Now with fertilizer maker, drecko, and p.water .we can produce endless dirt?

received_2293547033990354.png

1 hour ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

I think so. But...5kg fertilizer turn to 10kg of dirt. After we dig it .we have 5 kg of dirt. Now with fertilizer maker, drecko, and p.water .we can produce endless dirt?

It's a bit weird but still. Fertilizer maker uses 65g of dirt to produce 120g of fertilizer. So you're losing mass everytime.

Edit : Disregard this please. I was totally off.

5 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

It's a bit weird but still. Fertilizer maker uses 65g of dirt to produce 120g of fertilizer. So you're losing mass everytime.

Why? We use 65g dirt to produce 120g fertilizer...and we cook 120g fertilizer to 120g of dirt . So we have +55g of dirt every process cycle . Right?

4 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

Why? We use 65g dirt to produce 120g fertilizer...and we cook 120g fertilizer to 120g of dirt . So we have +55g of dirt every process cycle . Right?

You're right I was misunderstanding the thing totally. If it's the case then well done. But I still find it weird that fertilizer gains mass when heated to dirt. I'm gonna check this ingame.

Granted we could make it into a little carryable thing and move it somewhere else.

Spoiler

Or you know, add a recipe to the kiln making it use coal and slime, algae, or fertilizer to make dirt, and maybe also a  way to turn algae, fertilizer, and water into algae and polluted water

16 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

I don't know what went wrong in your experience but I just checked ingame and 100kg of fertilizer became 100kg of dirt. It's not doubling when cooked.

Spoiler

image.png.5223e8d23f936bb057b77814b0eee246.pngimage.png.7d1e53bc8415453bc500ac03c0004a4a.png

9 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

I don't know what went wrong in your experience but I just checked ingame and 100kg of fertilizer became 100kg of dirt. It's not doubling when cooked.

Hide contents

image.png.5223e8d23f936bb057b77814b0eee246.pngimage.png.7d1e53bc8415453bc500ac03c0004a4a.png

Ok.. now idk my game is bug or not.

I can alway make 200kg of dirt form 100 of fertilizer

In all kind .. auto sweeper debug sandbox.

In in5 map new generated

My game don't have any mod ,lastest update.

Umm.....

2 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

Ok.. now idk my game is bug or not.

I can alway make 200kg of dirt form 100 of fertilizer

In all kind .. auto sweeper debug sandbox.

In in5 map new generated

My game don't have any mod ,lastest update.

Umm.....

Maybe you're doing something more. You had a lot of machinery behind the fertilizer you cooked in your screenshot.

Edit : My game is not modded at all too. And latest update (QoL1, latest patch)

No. I try to start new map

open debug

Make a box form neutronium

Fill it with peto at 230 c

Make fertilizer and dig it

Check mass and move to the box

Wait around 10 s

And i have double mass of dirt.

Umm ... this after i reinstall game because i think it bug.

Edit: ok it bug. I install game in to my notebook but all response make same mass of dirt. Sorry for my misunderstanding

And my english too. 

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, ALPHAP2712 said:

Edit: ok it bug. I install game in to my notebook but all response make same mass of dirt. Sorry for my misunderstanding

And my english too. 

Thank you.

It was a weird one ! No need to make excuses. You manage to be understood and understand others. It's good enough.

Digging up stuff loses mass? If only we had some recision diggers. Like highest tier miners could dig 100%? We could have tiered diggers 50% normal dupe 62.5% digger -> 75% -> 85-100% maybe?

27 minutes ago, cpy said:

Digging up stuff loses mass? If only we had some recision diggers. Like highest tier miners could dig 100%? We could have tiered diggers 50% normal dupe 62.5% digger -> 75% -> 85-100% maybe?

Digging a block will always result in 50% mass.  Auto miner or dupe, same result.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:27 AM, bleeter6 said:

more like if you have dupe time to waste ,both stuff take so long(my long time base main power is 6 generator.....with 13 dupe power up those thing take 1 whole cycle...same as hamster wheel

2 hours ago, cpy said:

I guess you didn't get my point.

I got your point

A lot of players have the same idea and have put it in suggestions.  I haven't found any right now to link but if you like to add your own maybe the devs will take notice

On 1/12/2019 at 9:16 PM, DemainaNyx said:

The stable is useful for cultivating or pampering specific breeds or critter morphs. In some cases, happier mid level critters have a better chance of spawning more of the same or higher level critters. I just did an experiment with shine bugs and the trend was this much.

Now, the experiment was to have one stable for the sun nymphs ( and they mostly laid sun nymph eggs), and then I dropped a few grooming stations around the base along with feeder stations. Completely free range light bugs. And boy do they multiply.

Now my base is littered with low level nymph eggs, and I've got shine nymphs babies and regular shine bugs everywhere - it's practically an infestation and they are all tame and mostly happy.

Are you sure that it's the act of hatching that makes them tame and not, say, the critters eating out of a feeder? Because I've got hatches in the base also and they're all wild ( I assume because i've never groomed them, fed them from a feeder, etc ).

For morphs, it depends on the critter.  Look at the details screen for exactly what.  For bugs it's strictly what diet they have.  For slicksters and pacu it's based on temperature, etc.

With the exception of pacu, grooming is what makes them happy and tame.  For pacu it's eating from the fish feeder. 

Archived