Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

SDragonhead

All characters have unique body types

SDragonhead    3,006

I just feel like this is something that goes over a lot of people's heads when it comes to depicting how the characters look. Especially how artists would draw them out without ever noticing how everyone has unique body types and not just stick figure forms.

If you look closer in the sprites, there is differences in all the sprites. Maxwell is broader than Wilson. Willow has thinner legs, WX is just square, Wigfrid has a thicker body than Willow, Wes is thinner than Wilson but Wickerbottom is most thin. Winona has thick legs for crushing her enemies.  

IMG_6124.JPG

IMG_6125.JPG

In this Xbox achievement for DST, heck you differentiate every character and observe the differences in arm thickness 

So if anyone ever tells you "Why did you draw this character fat, why is that character short" well tell em to take a closer look  :wilson_camera:

Tapirus    957
18 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Never seen that achievement image and now I'm so happy, it's so CUTE

Bigger version:

Spoiler

log_36.jpg.db0835e7847246e453d1ff49244ca3e6.jpg

Even more, some examples:

Spoiler

log_1.thumb.jpg.110d6d1f0570672cf9a1c657cd13d5ab.jpglog_35.jpg.600308b40b64e654ebf7142f87e9d18f.jpglog_4.thumb.jpg.11f29ffac629090245af92620698f1ab.jpglog_23.jpg.3d98f92012e1998bffe56450fdf7e487.jpg

minespatch    44,875

Maxwell's not there since he doesn't want to touch a man that hasn't bathed for years.:wilson_ecstatic:

I hope to do my response picture of the in a while, I want Winona to give Maxwell the stinkeye for not joining.

CaptainChaotica    3,669

That's what I was wondering!  I can't figure that one out.

Me, I luckily don't fall into the "draw everyone with the same stick body type" thing...because I have my OWN way of doing it "wrong":  I do everyone in more or less my usual style, which involves full adult body proportions (or close, 'cos I STILL suck at proportions to this day) instead of giant heads and tiny bodies in general.  Like this:

Spoiler

walanistoneage.thumb.png.bdf86da78b0e13f07066e6b79e754fe5.pngwinter.PNG.06becbae2561eb1e35377ae924e04943.PNGeatthecactus.png.f588f6f9bc0518c11ae5c71fb1eb3e79.png

Notice that even the "silly random scribble" version of Wendy has at least normal-kid proportions.  The one of Walani is from my "March of Civilization" challenge; this is her "Stone-Age" outfit from the first chapter/year.  (Mostly first-year Forge stuff with some tweaks.)  Notice that Walani isn't fat, but isn't like, supermodel-skinny either and that Wigfrid does HAVE boobs, they're just not very big.  (I showed this to somebody who DOESN'T know the game and she assumed it was a guy.  What, because warrior and no makeup?  Pff.)  Different body types for the win!

(The other character yelling at her to eat the cactus is the original "Captain Chaotica", who was a character I made up on a Sonic forum years and YEARS ago.  (It was just the NAME first...then I came up with an actual character to go with it much later.)  In case you're wondering why she's being ordered around by a bee-person with a ponytail.  : P)

(spoilered so it'd be less obnoxious.  Although, I dunno, this thread DID start off by talking about how _fans_ tend to draw the characters...maybe fanart is okay here?  Just in case, though.)

...Notorious

Maslak    4,145

When you've never heard about rock lobsters massive overpopulation problems and someone told you they are good against giants:
log_15.jpg.8da4d3e801e43603d58681f8631b76ac.jpg

Axelocke    54
12 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pig_Happy.gif.8da5123141aec5bd12e07499ba7f83a3.gif

Should've figured it was a pig arm. I thought that was a glove and not a hoof, haha. :wilsondisappointed:

edit: I'm so dumb. I thought Wilson's hand was a glove for the pig arm. I see the hoof now.

CaptainChaotica    3,669

I THOUGHT that was a pig arm!  I was thrown off by thinking all the arms belonged to player characters.  : P

...Notorious

Atkvin    408
3 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Should've figured it was a pig arm. I thought that was a glove and not a hoof, haha. :wilsondisappointed:

edit: I'm so dumb. I thought Wilson's hand was a glove for the pig arm. I see the hoof now.

It's not too late, it is year of the Pig and we have been promised new content... 8)

4 Da LOLs    625
19 hours ago, Maslak said:

When you've never heard about rock lobsters massive overpopulation problems and someone told you they are good against giants:
log_15.jpg.8da4d3e801e43603d58681f8631b76ac.jpg

hapened to me once i was WX nd lead them to the seurface they litarally took over my 300+ day world

and it was hilarious

Maslak    4,145

Same, my first world where I reached 100+, on day 300+ I had 5 fps in base. They took over 1/4 of the world.

Viktor234    1,002
11 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Same, my first world where I reached 100+, on day 300+ I had 5 fps in base. They took over 1/4 of the world.

"Apocalobster" confirmed.

We need a way to summon Giants or to use the Aporkalypse Calendar in RoG or SW (in case of a global Doydoy-Invasion).