The Quality Of Life Update is Live!

Jason

• Developer

HAM4.gif

Welcome to 2019 everyone! We start the new year with an update that brings several nice and fun features from Don't Starve Together to regular Don't Starve. These additions were added the base game and all DLCs. 

• Beefalo taming and riding (Saddles, Brush, Saddlehorn)
  • The Ewecus (for Steel Wool)
  • Fences (Gates and Walls)
  • Bundles (and Wax Paper and Bee's Wax)
  • Mini signs (and the Feather Pen for writing)
  • Action Key ability while holding an item on your cursor
  • Trap pickup using the action key

Along with these additions, the artists took some time to do a visual color pass of Hamlet. Some changes are larger than others, like seasonal tints and the new background color, and others are smaller, like the claw palm leaf color.  

As well, controller support was improved when interacting with interiors and interior decorating. 

What's Next?

We would like to revisit Warbucks and Wilba. We think both characters could be improved so that they are more interesting to play outside of Hamlet. Watch for the new and improved Wilba and Warbucks as they try to stick to their new years resolutions to become better rounded on Feb 7th.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

What's Next?

We would like to revisit Warbucks and Wilba. We think both characters could be improved so that they are more interesting to play outside of Hamlet. Watch for the new and improved Wilba and Warbucks as they try to stick to their new years resolutions to become better rounded on Feb 7th.

also don't forget about Woodlegs!

he needs to be improved as lack of sailing in other dlcs make him useless

13 minutes ago, Field Field said:

If you try to make or travel to a Hamlet-compatible RoG world, the game instantly closes itself...

Same I am getting CTD's (no mods):(

@Jason 

No compatibility RoG : Working

RoG compatible SW: Working

Hamlet: Working

Shipwrecked no compatibility: Working 

SW compatible Hamlet : CTD

RoG compatible Hamlet : CTD

brush.dll is also missing and crafting brush crashes the game.

3 minutes ago, Roosev said:

Justice for Woodlegs.

While we're at it we need justice for Walani too. Justice for the other sea bound member of the SW crew!.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Action Key ability while holding an item on your cursor

Thank you so much for this, anytime I returned to singleplayer it always bothered me I couldn't do this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

What no I don't believe it the only way this could be even better is if you made the shipwrecked characters viable for RoG and maybe even Hamlet.

9 minutes ago, Field Field said:

If you try to make or travel to a Hamlet-compatible RoG world, the game instantly closes itself...

I had this problem before the update (travelling to RoG from shipwrecked and hamlet causes the game to become unresponsive, if the game hasn't been running for a while already. Maybe a memory leak of some sort?). Time in RoG runs independently of shipwrecked and hamlet, but hamlet and shipwrecked times still flows normally in RoG, if that makes sense.

However, you can still reload the game after the game becomes unresponsive and everything else is fine. I haven't seen anyone else post about this before though so I thought it might've just been on my end.

edit: clarifications

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Along with these additions, the artists took some time to do a visual color pass of Hamlet. Some changes are larger than others, like seasonal tints and the new background color, and others are smaller, like the claw palm leaf color

so wait is Warbucks changed?

Just now, 4 Da LOLs said:

so wait is Warbucks changed?

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

What's Next?

Just now, micpizazE said:

I had this problem before the update (travelling to RoG from shipwrecked and hamlet causes a game crash if the game hasn't been running for long. Maybe a memory leak of some sort?). Time in RoG runs independently of shipwrecked and hamlet, but hamlet and shipwrecked times still run in RoG, if that makes sense.

However, you can still reload the game after the game crashes and everything else is fine. I haven't seen anyone else post about this before though so I thought it might've just been on my end.

This is an entirely different issue. Even if I generate a fresh RoG world with Hamlet compatibility turned on, the game crashes any time I attempt to load it.

4 minutes ago, SandvichSpy said:

At the very least he should be able to craft his Lucky Hat outside of Shipwrecked.

That would be a start at least. I definitely think that for his large sanity loss on land, he should also get a buff on land whilst dealing with it. I don't think the Lucky Hat would be enough to make players play him on land. Maybe increased movement speed? (I know, ironic.)

Archived