Strange Set Piece

I’m not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but in my current save I found the Pugalisk Fountain. But there was one thing that was different; there were around 8 baby Beefalo sleeping around it (it was night when I saw this). So apparently I can farm beefalo in Hamlet now. If this is a bug, it seems awfully convenient.

26 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

I’m not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but in my current save I found the Pugalisk Fountain. But there was one thing that was different; there were around 8 baby Beefalo sleeping around it (it was night when I saw this). So apparently I can farm beefalo in Hamlet now. If this is a bug, it seems awfully convenient.

This piece is scary ! Look my topic, it's possible https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/100343-imagine-a-beefalo-farm-in-hamlet/

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

the tall bird set piece seem to be the only set piece that's intended.
and its not that rare, but still pretty rare.

Kind of wish it would always be there though, since you can't find any tallbirds in Hamlet otherwise. This way you can steal some eggs and raise some birdies on your spare time, cause havoc in hamlet haha.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:26 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

have a picture?

Just now, Computer-7 said:

they really need to change their they happen way to much and the lack of a cap there not fun

Yeah. At least with Hounds/Crocodogs there was a limit to how many could spawn at once (~10, I think), but with the Bats there is no limit. I hav died SO MANY TIMES because of the fact that there were around 50 Bats attacking me at once.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:08 PM, SpoonyBardIV said:

Yeah. At least with Hounds/Crocodogs there was a limit to how many could spawn at once (~10, I think), but with the Bats there is no limit. I hav died SO MANY TIMES because of the fact that there were around 50 Bats attacking me at once.

I don't think not having a cap on bats is a bad idea. First off for building a city you'd really need a lot of pig skin. Second there are tactics to deal with them. Here is one that I use:

Spoiler

Find a building/ruin/cave/your home, assuming that you have aggro'd the bats, enter the building to de-aggro, come out and then hit them a few times and go back in. Repeat and profit. Sometimes I do wish for more bats since I am constantly running out of pig skin. Also would be very nice if you have a wooden walking cane at massive bat attacks.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:13 PM, Banana Pimp said:

I found a setpiece in the roc island, it was fully infested with tallbirds, I can assure you it was NOT fun! :p

image.png.c8abc11ab821ee63f4345f2dce58a7e5.png

2CBBCE043BB34895B82302C91FD9A5532E6D83FB

Man finding a tallfort in hamlet is so nice to see. All of the meat for drying and the rocks and gold are very nice.

Would love to have the beefalo setpiece in my world as well, but i 'spose this will do for now.

Archived