Wrexus47

Will year of the gobbler event return?

23 posts in this topic

I asume that the halloween and holiday events return whit skindrops, but will the gobbler event also make a return next year or is it another event instead.

wanna try to get those skins.

Doggo shrine summons daily hound attacks

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Destros09 said:

Doggo shrine summons daily hound attacks

How about daily warg attacks for the extra vape?

No, too far?

Okay, okay, fire hounds should do it then...

3 people like this

New Vargling skin? PErhaps a sheepdog type look? Can you just imagine Chinese shepard skins?

4 people like this

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

New Vargling skin? PErhaps a sheepdog type look? Can you just imagine Chinese shepard skins?

Maybe even something that temporarily pacifies hounds?

4 people like this

22 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Maybe even something that temporarily pacifies hounds?

A temporary friendship collar recipe? It'd let you befriend hounds if you can snag them at the right time. Probably be a suicide mission just to get one befriended(similar to hunting shadows).

3 people like this

I swear, if the year of the gobbler returns in the next year of the rooster...

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

A temporary friendship collar recipe? It'd let you befriend hounds if you can snag them at the right time. Probably be a suicide mission just to get one befriended(similar to hunting shadows).

Uhhh yeah that's not a good example, hunting shadows is p. easy.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Uhhh yeah that's not a good example, hunting shadows is p. easy.

Okay, that example is biased on my end. I have trouble fighting off shadows, batalisks, and tentacles at the moment.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Okay, that example is biased on my end. I have trouble fighting off shadows, batalisks, and tentacles at the moment.

Me to

Is there a way to activate the Christmas/Hallowen/Chinese year events with a console command?

12 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Is there a way to activate the Christmas/Hallowen/Chinese year events with a console command?

I could not find the command for activate only one , but here is the command for activate all at once : 

for k, v in pairs(SPECIAL_EVENTS) do if v ~= SPECIAL_EVENTS.NONE then local tech = TECH[k] if tech ~= nil then tech.SCIENCE = 0 end end end function IsSpecialEventActive(event) return true end

Posted (edited)

@t1morino88eex, use

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.WINTERS_FEAST)
TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = SPECIAL_EVENTS.WINTERS_FEAST

or

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.HALLOWED_NIGHTS)
TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = SPECIAL_EVENTS.HALLOWED_NIGHTS

or

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.YOTG)
TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = SPECIAL_EVENTS.YOTG

The first command activates the event in the current world, the second command saves the event for the current world.

Edited by alainmcd
because I'm smart

Posted (edited)

@AngibotNow that would fantastic having all 3 of them at the same time if only the command would work. I resumed my server (which had "default") set as event, entered the command (making sure Remote is visible when entering it), and nothing happened, couldn't craft any of the events items. I restarted the server as well.

edit:

@alainmcd so can I do all 3 of them at the same time (as in having all 3 active at the same time)? I'm guessing the command put by Angibot doesn't have the "save event" part?

Edited by t1morino88eex

@t1morino88eex, AFAIK you can't save the all events state, but the code @Angibot posted should work (at least it did back in January). Be careful when pasting commands into the console, since pressing ctrl-v toggles the remote console (because ctrl).

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the help! So I tried one of the console commands and I activated the one for Winter Feast for example. Monsters are dropping the sweets and special items, but the craftable stuff is not available :(. After server restart the event is no more I think because no monsters are dropping the event specific items, so I needed to activate it again using the 2 console commands, which I'm ok with but without the ability to craft the event items and structures it's a bit of a bummer.

Edited by t1morino88eex

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wouldn't it be crazy to get... a Shepherdess character?

...please?...

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Sudura2017 said:

Wouldn't it be crazy to get... a Shepherdess character?

Wendy getting a Winnie cosplay skin?ariel ID face.png

@t1morino88eex, well, the event isn't being saved because I wrote the wrong command, sorry about that. I've edited my previous comment with the correct commands. On crafting, in an overworld-only player-hosted world it took a few seconds before I could craft event-related stuff, while in a 2-shard world it doesn't update at all (or it takes longer than my patience). I don't know why.