AlbertDelRiver

Wigfrid is considered OP? Why..!?

370 posts in this topic

Yeah, imo Wigfrid is the easiest to play by a lot. I love her in dst- you don't have to worry about anything but keeping the other players alive. My first few days are spent looking for gold and rocks so I can make op gear for everyone else. 

Wigfrid is purely and simply a power fantasy. She's like an action hero, but without being a prick. You don't play wig for the challenge, you play her so you can focus on building things and supporting your team, or because you like hunting. Or maybe she just intrigues you (guess Winnie got really into acting, eh?). But the beauty of having so many characters is that when you realize Wigfrid is too op for what you want out of the game, you can try Wes or something.

3 people like this

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

What if I wanted pleated shirts, hm?

pray to whatever deity you believe in (potato cup) that reverse psychology applies to skin drops and you get all of the elegants ever

3 people like this

How someone can call gold a non-renewable resource is baffling. There is an unlimited supply of Gold in Don't Starve & Don't Starve Together. It is one of the most renewable resources in the game.

Wigfrid's Battle Helm blocks 750 damage, 300 more than the Football helmet's 450. The 2 gold to make the Battle Helm is easier to get than the 1 pigskin needed for the Football helmet, AND it lasts 66% longer.

1 caught or attacked rabbit = 1 gold

1 caught bird = 1 gold, attacked bird = 50% chance for 1 gold

1 spider = 50% chance for 1 gold

1 Spider Warrior = 50% chance for 1 gold

1 Koalefant = 9 gold

1 Beefalo = 4 gold

1 tall bird = 2 gold

1 tallbird egg = 1 gold

1 pengull = 1 gold

1 pengull egg = 1 gold

1 Tentacle = 2 gold

1 fishing rod = 10 gold

1 merm = 2 gold

1 frog = 1 gold

spring frog rain = more than 100 gold

1 pigman = 75% chance for 1 gold, 25% chance for 1 pig skin

1 werepig = 2 gold, 1 pig skin

1 pigman house = 2 pig skins

1 pig head on a spike = 2 pig skins

Gold is by far easier to come by than pig skins. And i haven't even mentioned gold boulders, grave yards, or caves. After you've hammered down all the pig heads, your only source for pig skins are the pigs themselves which only have a 25% chance to drop it, and the pig houses. But if you destroy all the pig houses then no more pigs spawn, so the houses are not a sustainable source of pig skins. The only sustainable way to get pig skins is to kill pigs, which only have a 25% drop rate. You could feed them 4 monster meat to turn them into were pigs for a 100% drop rate, but you'd be trading away 4 potential gold in exchange for 2 potential gold and 1 pig skin. So at a rate of 2 gold to 1 pig skin and the gold helmet being more efficient, even the most efficient method for obtaining pig skins is a waste of resources when compared to a Battle Helm.

And sure Wolfgang can do 2x damage, but he can also do 1/2 damage if his belly isn't full. And it takes a lot of food to fill him up. And he has a fast metabolism so he needs to refuel frequently. And he loses sanity fast. And he has no way to heal himself besides the normal gland, salve, poultice, food. Wigfrid always does 1.25x damage no matter what. does not require as much food. does not have to constantly eat to stay full. Restores sanity and health from killing things. Can craft stronger spears and helmets with no science required.

Wigfrid is an easy mode character as long as you know how to get enough meat.

4 people like this

Hahahaha.

Seriously, I'm a bit tired of omg feminist = sjw = tumblr = whiny obnoxious over-sensitive idiot who wants to control everybody's speech to the point of being a Nazi...but that has nothing to do with anything here...

Suffice to say that _there were feminsists before tumblr and there always will be_.

Wigfrid has a feminist attitude in that she believes being a woman doesn't make you lesser and that's the only part that matters kthanxbai.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Hahahaha.

Seriously, I'm a bit tired of omg feminist = sjw = tumblr = whiny obnoxious over-sensitive idiot who wants to control everybody's speech to the point of being a Nazi...but that has nothing to do with anything here...

Suffice to say that _there were feminsists before tumblr and there always will be_.

Wigfrid has a feminist attitude in that she believes being a woman doesn't make you lesser and that's the only part that matters kthanxbai.

...Notorious

Reading that just hurt my eyes.

And I like how committed she is to her act to the point of nearly being an actual Valkyrie. She also had that kinda "grateful" attitude, as seen when inspecting various things such as petals. Another thing I like about her personality is her bravery. You'd know what I mean if you inspect a murderer in PvP or Deerclops or Klaus or spiders and so on.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wigfrid has a feminist attitude in that she believes being a woman doesn't stop you from being what you want and that's the only part that matters kthanxbai.

...Notorious

I'm sorry, I just thought it would've a been funny joke to bring up to lighten up some spirits, no harm was meant to be in that comment. And I'm sure they're very intelligent and calm feminists out there.

Edited by GiddyGuy
1 person likes this

I like Wigfrid too. She's the main character I play as. But I'm not going to deny how easy it is to play as her. I wouldn't say she's good for beginners. Beginners will probably starve to death as Wigfrid, or kill themselves eating monster meat. Once you figure out how to hunt koalefants, farm spiders, know how to make eggs from monster meat, and learn crock pot recipes, then Wigfrid is easy. So I'd say she's the easiest character to play as for intermediate players but not for beginners.

And Willow is a terrible character. New players seem to enjoy burning forests down with Willow's lighter (even though they could do that with any other character using a torch), but they never survive very long as Willow. Her lighter may have a long duration, but it's more expensive than a torch and provides less light than a torch. Other than that she has no benefits (nobody understands what Bearnie does at first, and even when you know how to use him, it's a gamble if its even going to work or not) and she suffers from freezing and going insane more than other characters. And if there's 2 things new players don't know how to do, it's staying warm in the winter (if they can even last that long) and fighting off shadow creatures.

So I'd say Wigfrid is the best/easiest character for intermediate players, and Willow is never a good character. Maybe she could be fun for your first couple (very short) play throughs but that's about it.

I agree about intermediate players. Advanced players don't like her, in my experience, partly because they'd prefer not to have to think about food if possible and mostly live off of seeds, berries, mushrooms, and other foragings when roaming around the map on their projects. You have to devote too much time and attention to feeding her, which they find dull. Warly has a similar problem in SW. If your willing to plan his meals, he's amazing, but it definitely adds to the multitasking.

2 people like this

50 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I agree about intermediate players. Advanced players don't like her, in my experience, partly because they'd prefer not to have to think about food if possible and mostly live off of seeds, berries, mushrooms, and other foragings when roaming around the map on their projects. You have to devote too much time and attention to feeding her, which they find dull. Warly has a similar problem in SW. If your willing to plan his meals, he's amazing, but it definitely adds to the multitasking.

Isn't most of the food players eat when in "end game" meat based? Also i only thing that bugs me about her is that she cant eat butter fly's...

28 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Isn't most of the food players eat when in "end game" meat based? Also i only thing that bugs me about her is that she cant eat butter fly's...

no.

dragonpies.

dragonpies everywhere.

4 people like this

Wait so how did this thread went to Wigfrid fist to fist to Wolfgang to Accusing genders then Life is Tumblr then letters become super super small that you get Asian eyes then back to the PvP standards of Wigfrid and Wolfgang in PvP

4 people like this

Everyone's yelling at eachother over Wigfrid vs Wolfgang and out-of-nowhere gender politics and I'm just over here eating logs.

Spoiler

Woodie master race

Edited by Fork
2 people like this

3 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

impossibru_wolfgang_by_hidaruma-d7fim8q.

.....no love for wolfgang? because of how wigfrid is easier to play as?

What? You asked about Wigfrid being considered OP. We tell you yes, it is easy to play as Wigfrid. If you ask "Is Wigfrid the stronkest human alive in DST world?", we would tell you "No, Wolfgang is stronker". Nobody hating on no one, just stating facts to try to answer your initial question and help you understand :).

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Fork said:

Everyone's yelling at eachother over Wigfrid vs Wolfgang and out-of-nowhere gender politics and I'm just over here eating logs.

Reveal hidden contents

Woodie master race

Give that man a chin, and he will be considered as a playable thing. Until that happens, nope :mad:.

3 people like this

I'm sorry GiddyGuy, I didn't mean to say that _you_ were one of those people...I'm just kinda sick of the whole tumblr stereotype.  It's so obnoxious that it bothers me _and I don't even have one_.  (Although something I made* _was_ reblogged around the place on there and got quite a few likes...and I didn't find out until way later 'cos, well, I'm not on there.  : P)  And I guess I was in a bad mood when I wrote that.

As for the other stuff...I still say play whoever you want, I like Wigfrid myself partially because of how she plays but also because of the flavour, the whole "Valkyrie warrior" thing is fun, and last but not least, due to one of the new Winter's Feast foods, now ALL of us can eat logs!

logcake.png

Heh.

...Notorious

*No, not anything...stereotypically tumblr.  It was my South Park-ized Doctor Who Companions thing.  This happened back when tumblr was just a place to post pictures and artwork, as originally intended, so, yeah.

Edited by CaptainChaotica
forgot to say the thing about the thing
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, mochilo said:

What? You asked about Wigfrid being considered OP. We tell you yes, it is easy to play as Wigfrid. If you ask "Is Wigfrid the stronkest human alive in DST world?", we would tell you "No, Wolfgang is stronker". Nobody hating on no one, just stating facts to try to answer your initial question and help you understand :).

Thanks for the comfort, that made me feel alot better.

I also like Wig because her basic facial expression is that of a toddler who is being very stubborn, and it always amuses me. I'm not sure how old she's suppose to be, but I think of her as a child.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

The men go outside and the women go inside, huh?  In...side?  What is this "inside" of which you speak?  I do not know your language, good stranger.

Ew, you mean you actually go outside and interact with people? that's scary! D:
You lead a difficult life, I feel sorry for you.
I just sit around in the forums begging Klei for Rose Skins.

3 people like this