Next Event: Morgue?

I see a lot of cool ideas going around for speculation of the next event, so I'd like to add my own.

Since the Forge was about pigs, and the Gorge was about Merms, this one will likely be bunny men. Maybe the idea is that the characters are imprisoned by some sort of leader who thinks they are after his treasures.Whatever he's afraid of them stealing actually are what they need to get home. (Maybe one gem of each kind, hidden somewhere around a maze.)

Some sort of scavenger hunt/prison break situation with a supernatural twist, though. What I mean is, each character is transformed into some sort of supernatural creature (something like, Wilson: Vampire, Willow: Fiend, Wendy: Banshee, Wickerbottom: Gargoyle, etc.), and each creature has special abilities.

For instance, say you were looking for an object in a dark room. If Wilson was a vampire, his perk might be that he could see in the dark and locate it, but only as a bat, and he can't carry the object back out while he's a bat. Another perk is that he could fit into small places. Wendy could break glass with a shriek. Wickerbottom might be able to hide from guards by pretending to be a statue.

As far as sanity centered goes, maybe part of it would be required that the characters make the NPCs insane, rather than ourselves, to trick them into opening doorways. But it would also make them paranoid and start setting more traps, or something.

Anyway, that's my take! I think it would be cool, but there's tons of other neat ideas floating around as well. Feel free to criticize!

On 7/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

[snip]

Eyy, that's pretty cool.

Maybe the idea is that the characters are imprisoned by some sort of leader who thinks they are after his treasures.Whatever he's afraid of them stealing actually are what they need to get home. (Maybe one gem of each kind, hidden somewhere around a maze.)

Some sort of scavenger hunt/prison break situation with a supernatural twist, though.

So something akin to MotN crossed with Metal Gear crossed with Tomb Raider/Uncharted? 

For instance, say you were looking for an object in a dark room. If Wilson was a vampire, his perk might be that he could see in the dark and locate it, but only as a bat, and he can't carry the object back out while he's a bat. Another perk is that he could fit into small places. Wendy could break glass with a shriek. Wickerbottom might be able to hide from guards by pretending to be a statue.

I'm going to expand on that...

Spoiler

Wilson (Vampire): Scout

• Can transform into bat
  • Fit into small places as bat
  • See in the dark as bat
  • Cannot carry objects as bat/Fragile as bat

Willow (Fire Elemental): Scout/Distracter

• Is made of fire (can see in the dark/produces own light)
  • Can create spontaneous combustion of people/things (distractions)
  • Can fit through small areas with ease
  • Her light alerts guards, and cannot be turned off

Wendy (Banshee): Scout/Distracter

• Has a head-splitting scream
  • Can echo-locate objects
  • Can temporarily stun/disable guards, and project noise to distract them
  • Loud and gets attention of guards very easily

(I think Wolfgang would make the better Gargoyle than Wickerbottom)

Wolfgang (Gargoyle): Brute

• Made of stone 
  • Can take a beating, and dish one out too
  • Can freeze in place to hide from guards
  • Loud and slow

Wes (Wes): Solid Snake

• Silent and fast
  • Can temporarily disable guards with ease
  • Is limber (able to wriggle into small places)
  • Quite squishy, and hard to lose guard's attention once caught
Spoiler

What do you mean Wes isn't a creature of myth? Truly a being this OP doesn't exist outside the realms of imagination. 

Woodie (Dryad): Brute

• Able to silently ensnare guards with vines
  • Extendable limbs
  • Able to camouflage with nearby foliage to hide from guards
  • Weak (fire)

Maxwell (Shadow): Solid Snake

• Can see in the dark
  • Can hide in guard's shadows
  • Can use guards to do stuff
  • Gains power in the dark, weakens in light
Spoiler

I suppose to further clarify on that one, is that Maxwell is capable of fully controlling guards when in darkness, however if the shadow (or himself) is in the light, he'll be more likely to slip up and alert the guards to his presence.

Wickerbottom (Mage?): Trap Maker/Distracter

• Can lay traps to disable guards
  • Able to interact with the environment to distract guards/direct their attention elsewhere
  • Has a plethora of spells
  • Is nothing without her Grimoire (needs her spell book in order to cast spells)

WX-78 (Cyborg?): Scout/Brute

• Enhanced speed and strength
  • Capable of producing light markers (i.e. flares), and flash bombs
  • Has night vision modules
  • Due to being robotic, always produces a quite din of mechanical whirring

Webber (Oogie Boogie type thing): Trap Maker/Brute

• Has an army of bugs at his disposal
  • Can lay out traps to distract/disable guards
  • Can command bugs to protec/attac
  • The constant sound of buzzing creatures makes noise that can alert guards

Wigfrid (Medusa): Solid Snake/Brute

• Has a head of snakes that freezes guards on the spot (literally)
  • Swift and limber (Enhanced speed and can navigate tight spaces)
  • Night Vision + Acid Spit
  • Hissing sneks + Friendly fire

Not sure what Winona'd be...pretty sure they could get away with her being a vamp like Wilson, albeit a slightly faster one.

Spoiler

(Because that's what the fan base thinks of her as! A slightly faster Wilson! THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT!!

Anyways I'm not sure if I missed anyone...

Dude, the more I think about this, the more I REALLY wanna see the devs do this. It'd be SO awesome to have a 6-player stealth event.

CONNECTION

Someone (sorry I don't remember your name ;_;) speculated about Big Event 3 being focused around sanity and darkness. You've said that the main creatures will be bunnyman.

CONNECTION

Our characters get thrown into a very dark dimention where they find intelligent bunnyman (or smarter than usual bunnyman). We'd need to keep our light source alive or else we become insane in the dark. And when we become insane bunnyman become beardlords and kill us

4 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Dude, the more I think about this, the more I REALLY wanna see the devs do this. It'd be SO awesome to have a 6-player stealth event.

Dude, thank you so much! I love these! Maybe Winona could be Frankenstein's bride.

2 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I dont think they will do that, for one simple reason, The Morgue already exists in the game, it records all your death data

It doesn't need to be called that. It could be called anything. But like I said, the next event is pure speculation.

I would call this a full blown idea rather than speculation and I mean that as compliment!

This is a pretty awesome setup and I would personally love to see this in the game. Would probably be a blast to play just from looking at the concept!

I really hope Klei takes some ideas for something like this! (any kind of stealth based event would be cool tbh)

13 hours ago, Generubi said:

Can i use some of your ideas to post a complete possible event?

Yeah! Just tag me when you do; I'd love to see it!

13 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I feel mildly ashamed that I’m too distracted by yet another word that doesn’t rhyme.

Yeah, we're stuck with words that sound similar, but don't rhyme: morgue, verge, purge...

1 hour ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

Have the Devs ever added something anything the fans have suggested?

In the last update they added the ability to see where the celestial orb is at all times on the map, even when inside an inventory. It wasn't the fix people were asking for exactly, but it did fix the root issue of locating the orb. The orb could be incredibly difficult to track down on a public, endless server for example. Or just pubs in general.

While Klei mostly goes and does their own thing, they do indeed listen to feedback.

Archived