[Game Update] - 236679

• Developer
  • Research screen scroll bar should no longer be missing
  • Duplicants should no longer get Food Poisoning/Slime Lung when using the Impervious Immune System setting
  • Stress vomiting Duplicants infected with Hypothermia should no longer vomit Hypothermia germs
  • Wearing a suit should prevent your Duplicants from getting the "Unclean" effect when stepping in liquids meaning they should no longer want a shower while using a Suit
  • Updated Simplified Chinese localization

View full update

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Wearing a suit should prevent your Duplicants from getting the "Unclean" effect when stepping in liquids meaning they should no longer want a shower while using a Suit

yes!

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

Wearing a suit should prevent your Duplicants from getting the "Unclean" effect when stepping in liquids meaning they should no longer want a shower while using a Suit

This was an annoying feature I'm happy to see addressed.

4 minutes ago, Nascarlaser1 said:

I had it too but I liked the feature so I didn't know it was a bug :D!

Hypothermia Germs have nothing to spread/die/live on they just existed and had ridicilous dying temperatures. How did you not thought about them being a bug? ^^

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Meow_Nathan said:

Hypothermia Germs have nothing to spread/die/live on they just existed and had ridicilous dying temperatures. How did you not thought about them being a bug? ^^

I dunno XD.  I just saw em and thought it was a cool feature (shortly after I noticed them I died of starvation so I never really paid them any attention lol.:D

23 minutes ago, Risu said:

Are they catching breath when they do that? Because he never fixed that.

I rarely see it happening to be honest, just after a cycle or two i'll find all my suits dropped inside. Having some weird things happening in the current release if I leave my game running for more than 4-5 cycles without reloading. i.e. dupes dieing of starvation, despite a million cals of food in readily accessible fridges... Dupes getting stuck in one spot and eventually making a mess, despite plenty of toilets available. Slicksters randomly die on reload, currently lost 10-11 that I know of. 

Seems all of the late game lag/glitches are still prevalent, and as ever have spelled the end of my current colony. Save enclosed if anyone wants to have a look at the lag-fest.

Solo Experimentalisms Lagged out.sav

So I don't know when exactly these things happened, but I wanted to verify a few stealth updates that I've noticed lately

- thin layers of fresh water on top of polluted now turn to polluted at some point, so no more using fresh water to prevent offgassing?

- thin layers of water (such as the kinds that used to be able to be used for a 'wet foot' water lock) now disappear after awhile.  Either from dupes travelling through them, or heat, or something?

- Pufts no longer consume PO2 when trapped in a pneumatic door.  They just sit there and do nothing.

I don't know when these things were changed but it has to be OI or later, as I had all these going in the save from immediately before OI.  I've had very little time for the game recently so it's taken me this long to get back up to 'parity' with the previous world.   I'm curious how exactly the first two work, if anyone knows.  Or, if I'm just flat mistaken?

Edited by brummbar7

57 minutes ago, Meow_Nathan said:

What about the problems with Slicksters and Pufts dying for apparently no reason?

I hear you :( 

22 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Slicksters randomly die on reload, currently lost 10-11 that I know of. 

Sucks.

On 12/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, Lifegrow said:

Having some weird things happening in the current release if I leave my game running for more than 4-5 cycles without reloading. i.e. dupes dieing of starvation, despite a million cals of food in readily accessible fridges... Dupes getting stuck in one spot and eventually making a mess, despite plenty of toilets available...

...Seems all of the late game lag/glitches are still prevalent, and as ever have spelled the end of my current colony.

I'm glad to see that someone else has experienced the same mayhem that I have. My dupes also started dying from a lack of oxygen IN my fully oxygenated base just because they decided to stand still in some CO2 that had accumulated at the bottom. 

It seemed to happen when I was working over at a different part of the map and not keeping an eye on them. 

Might be related but I find now that the game runs quicker when I don't have the camera over my base...which made me think if less calculations are happening in areas outside of the camera.