Rose collection

8 hours ago, Ellat said:

Does anyone know when the rose collection is coming out?

As far as I know: They are not.

There is a gaming platform called Tencent (it's like Steam but in China) and rose skins are only for DST users of Tencent so it's an exclusive skin. They got rose skins only for them and we got... I don't know.

If I'm wrong please provide real evidence that we are actually getting rose skins someday.

I remember somebody asking on the recent dst art stream if the rose skin would be releasing soon and one of the devs replying in chat 'not anytime soon' or something. Something along those lines that pretty much implies it will come someday.

Personally I'm obligated to think that they're waiting to release it whenever the next part of the story is ready to be released and they can shift more focus to Charlie and Them from the ancients  or whatever to hype it up, but that might just be wishful thinking.

9 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Personally I'm obligated to think that they're waiting to release it whenever the next part of the story is ready to be released and they can shift more focus to Charlie and Them from the ancients  or whatever to hype it up, but that might just be wishful thinking.

That makes sense personally. They're probably holding back until whenever "What Lies Beyond"(I'm still thinking "Through the Ages" will happen but they bumped the storyline to introduce Charlie's changes into the world) officially has a storyline.

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

That makes sense personally. They're probably holding back until whenever "What Lies Beyond"(I'm still thinking "Through the Ages" will happen but they bumped the storyline to introduce Charlie's changes into the world) officially has a storyline.

Hm, I agree too, this could be the case. We'll see! (or not)

Btw, was there any connection with the other 3 collections to the storyline as they were released, or they were just simply released? I wasn't there at that time yet.

31 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Hm, I agree too, this could be the case. We'll see! (or not)

Btw, was there any connection with the other 3 collections to the storyline as they were released, or they were just simply released? I wasn't there at that time yet.

The Survivor and Triumphant skins don't have any connection, but I believe Guest of Honor (which is our exclusive) have something to do with Maxwell's reign before Charlie took over.

7 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

I believe Guest of Honor (which is our exclusive) have something to do with Maxwell's reign before Charlie took over.

That makes sense why Klei is holding back both. Kind of interesting whoever rules the land of the shadows has a fashion take on the rest of the cast.

13 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I always assumed...

Spoiler

...that the Formal collection was from when they were dragged into the DS world (being guests to the world), probably during Maxwell's performance in which some of them took part; the Survivor collection being just them surviving in the DS world; the Shadow collection representing their victory (triumphant), i.e. reaching the throne, except in Maxwell's case: his victory is leaving the shadows behind, including his Maxwell persona (unshadow/untriumphant); and the Rose collection being from Charlie's reign.

edit: Forgot about the most important part. The alpha and the omega. The 42 to the DS universe. The canary behind the Ancient behind THEM.

Spoiler

The Costume collection. It is all, in fact, a performance.

I also figured we'd get an Ancient skin set when finishing the Ancient storyline, particularly since the Ancient Cane and Chest are part of an Ancient collection, and What Lies Beyond felt like a massive tease. Who knows, maybe the puzzle isn't fully solved yet.

On 04/07/2017 at 5:32 PM, alainmcd said:

I always assumed...

Reveal hidden contents

...that the Formal collection was from when they were dragged into the DS world (being guests to the world), probably during Maxwell's performance in which some of them took part; the Survivor collection being just them surviving in the DS world; the Shadow collection representing their victory (triumphant), i.e. reaching the throne, except in Maxwell's case: his victory is leaving the shadows behind, including his Maxwell persona (unshadow/untriumphant); and the Rose collection being from Charlie's reign.

edit: Forgot about the most important part. The alpha and the omega. The 42 to the DS universe. The canary behind the Ancient behind THEM.

Reveal hidden contents

The Costume collection. It is all, in fact, a performance.

I also figured we'd get an Ancient skin set when finishing the Ancient storyline, particularly since the Ancient Cane and Chest are part of an Ancient collection, and What Lies Beyond felt like a massive tease. Who knows, maybe the puzzle isn't fully solved yet.

Reading the second spoiler literally sent a chill down my spine. Excellent theory, good sir/madam/tumblr gender

And the whole deal with Maxwell's triumphant skin being the 'Untriumphant' totally fits in with him leaving the shadow throne, losing his persona, and thus becoming more innocent/carefree, as represented by the skin. (The skin might also symbolise him 'turning back' into William Carter, whom the skin resembles.)

@NeddoFreddo, thank you! (though I deeply resent your assumption that I identify as having a gender. Good day to you, sir/madam/tumblr gender!)

Exactly, returning to his William Carter "innoncence" of not knowing of THEM. His Unshadow portrait is indeed remarkably similar to his magic act before he starting dealing with the Shadows: just a regular rabbit-in-a-tophat trick. He then began using Forbidden Knowledge as part of his act in his Maxwell persona, but was soon consumed by the Shadows and became Maxwell while trying to rub out all traces of William Carter. Linky link for people who don't know about the WC backstory.

And for my next trick:

I've discovered the shocking secret that The Ancients have kept from us for 200 years! Brace yourselves, for when I speak these words, you may well suffer an attack of explosive insanity! For you see, the horrible secret is...

Spoiler

aChPdc7yDEQ8oEXWm26t9zei810=.gif

Sure, blame me because you fell for the oldest trick in the book. (I really love Futurama!)

Archived