Caves Beta - October 22nd Update

Pigs still work improperly even in surface. I found a sleeping pig (possibly from previous full moon transmutation) in night and when it returned to its house, it doesn't come out even in daytime.

damn these pigs XD.. Always have problems in caves beta.. This bug is game breaking for sure... Unable to get any pig skin which is one of the most important item in game.

Well, pigs seems to work in underground with a bit more of light sources (fire pit + nearby lightflowers) so I'm contented.

damn these pigs XD.. Always have problems in caves beta.. This bug is game breaking for sure... Unable to get any pig skin which is one of the most important item in game.

Issue:

• I was randomly disconnected from the server due to bad internet connection. Upon reentering the cavesbeta dedicated server, my tab (show players list) key shows multiple entries of my name and number.  Image attached. I was the only one who saw the list like this. Everyone else's playerlist was normal.

post-474697-0-08016600-1445685347_thumb.

Hey guys, only got that one bug to report which is a good thing. Although I can't pinpoint why it happened if anyone knows anything let me know. Cheers.

This bug always happens in 5/n ppl server when you drive your middle mouse wheel down.

Issue:

• I was randomly disconnected from the server due to bad internet connection. Upon reentering the cavesbeta dedicated server, my tab (show players list) key shows multiple entries of my name and number.  Image attached. I was the only one who saw the list like this. Everyone else's playerlist was normal.

attachicon.gif2015-10-24_00001.jpg

Hey guys, only got that one bug to report which is a good thing. Although I can't pinpoint why it happened if anyone knows anything let me know. Cheers.

I'll write down what I also recently experienced. If you are alone on a server that has both surface and caves shards and if you die and can be a ghost you can indirectly extend the reset timer by alternately jumping between the shards(surface and caves) through the sinkholes. Doing so will make the reset timer start its count down from the beginning again each time you use the sinkhole or stairs. 

This is not necessarily a bug though cause I think it'll be fixed once connected shard servers share the same reset timer. Just thought it should be pointed out, if it hasn't been yet already.

Cheers.

I know it has been mentioned before about pigs, but here is some additional stuff that I noticed affected monsters and mobs' day/evening/night cycles:

1. Pigs don't come out at overworld day time, if you build pig house at day time pig will stay out until dawn and then never come out, unless house is burned.

2. at Overworld, moles don't get attracted by items that they should be attracted by - gems, stone, flint, ash - all do not work. Occasionally they do get attracted but about 10% of times.

3. Merms are not active in day or dusk, possibly night too - they do not come out naturally

4. This is old one, and I'm not sure if it is fixed, but - moles in caves do not make their hole (i think they should right?), and get stuck going in one direction into the wall if brought down from surface (possibly mole is trying to get to coordinates on map where his overworld hole is located).

pigs and merms are big ones, makes it difficult to make pig villages, please fix them soon.

1. When I visited pig king's town, all pigs came out and welcomed me.

2. Have no idea of this..

3. In my playing, they come out and make a big fight with spidees and tentacles as usual.

4. It is fixed now, and it seems that changes of mechanism may affect overworld feature(2) of moleworm.

I know it has been mentioned before about pigs, but here is some additional stuff that I noticed affected monsters and mobs' day/evening/night cycles:

1. Pigs don't come out at overworld day time, if you build pig house at day time pig will stay out until dawn and then never come out, unless house is burned.

2. at Overworld, moles don't get attracted by items that they should be attracted by - gems, stone, flint, ash - all do not work. Occasionally they do get attracted but about 10% of times.

3. Merms are not active in day or dusk, possibly night too - they do not come out naturally

4. This is old one, and I'm not sure if it is fixed, but - moles in caves do not make their hole (i think they should right?), and get stuck going in one direction into the wall if brought down from surface (possibly mole is trying to get to coordinates on map where his overworld hole is located).

pigs and merms are big ones, makes it difficult to make pig villages, please fix them soon.

There's a glitch in Minotaur of Labyrinth's attacking pattern. He cannot send attack between two closely and parallel places campfires, so it is just a meatsack now. Like Dragonfly can be stucked by a row of birdcage. Better consider AoE attack implement or just lengthening of his attack reaching.

There's a glitch in Minotaur of Labyrinth's attacking pattern. He cannot send attack between two closely and parallel places campfires, so it is just a meatsack now. Like Dragonfly can be stucked by a row of birdcage. Better consider AoE attack implement on him.

The DST dragonfly can be trapped with birdcages? Interesting.. 

Hey I don't know if they fixed it but do moleworms still disappear when you dig up their holes when they are still in them? 

Yup. You can still dig the burrows when they are outside during evenings and nights though. It might have been intentional to nerf moleworm farms?

The work on the sleeping behaviour for some mobs seems to have messed up their behaviour in the overworld.

I had an entire pig village stay in their houses during daytime, switching their lights off when I came near them.

The next day they came out as normal, but then they stayed in for 4 days in a row!

There are several threads in the bug tracker forum reporting the same thing.

Additionally my glommer only sometimes slept during dusk time and always woke up when night started.

I also saw a moleworm sleeping out there in the open in broad sunlight.

I never even knew they could do that. Is that intended behaviour?

Critical bug in underground : When I planted 19 butterflies for flower and went somewhere else and turned back, all the flowers are gone and only beehives left.

lol! That's an awesome bug. Odd that there's only 5 bee boxes for the 19 flowers. Did you just not capture the rest?

Archived