Caves Beta - October 22nd Update

I think the dense blue mushroom forests are intended.  At least I think they've been like that since the start of the DST caves branch.

@sg1aprophis:  I had that issue on my wilderness server a bit back.  Persisted through updates and a host of manual actions.  In the end I had to regenerate both the surface and cave worlds after which I could create a new character to play on the server's new worlds.  That's probably not what you wanted to hear, so hopefully there's a better solution out there for you.

At the welcome to don't starve together topic it says he will be added though..

It also was mentioned before the summer. On the last Rhymes w/ Play I checked out (which I don't remember) they said Maxwell won't be in the game since all the characters from DS weren't Maxwell's Puppets because they stepped through the portal. Meaning Maxwell won't have control over them anymore.

At least, that's what I got from what they said. Though, I haven't been checking out the streams as much so my information may be flawed, a developer would need to clarify if I was right or not.

@Ipsquiggle, Cave Entrance in Meteor Field + Bad Timing = Dead Player on Cave Exit. I feel this type of death should be avoided simply because the player has a loading screen.

Note:

The meteor falling on the player isn't actually what killed the player it was the bats as the player couldn't move and said player wasn't even in game at the time of death.

• Developer

I've tried that it still doesnt show up. Also this doesnt work with my friend's server too.

Still trying to hunt this one down then. Sorry I don't have any good news yet.

No, I don't see any .mdmp files there.  Though I did restart the servers, so if you have a garbage-file clearing function that might have cleaned them up when I did so.

The next time I find them stopped I'll look for any in /bin and load them up with the general server logs.

Having poked a bit more around the files in /bin, let me know if you want anything out of /bin/logs and I'll grab those for you as well.

Super strange! It's very hard to track down without any visible errors. Do you have sufficient RAM in that machine? Might it be running out of memory?

Any News/Updates for the PPL who still get the "Migration by user ('KU_********') failed (163)." Error and still are unable to go to the Caves?

We juuuuust pushed an update, should both help with this issues, and provide a better error if it's still failing. Please try it out!

@Ipsquiggle, Cave Entrance in Meteor Field + Bad Timing = Dead Player on Cave Exit. I feel this type of death should be avoided simply because the player has a loading screen.

Note:

The meteor falling on the player isn't actually what killed the player it was the bats as the player couldn't move and said player wasn't even in game at the time of death.

Hm, strange. The player shouldn't be attackable until he wormholes in, and that-- not until loading is complete. When you say player "couldn't move", it was because there was a rock blocking his way? or....

In any case, I'll see what I can to do make migrating a little more safe/reliable.

Also, yeah, new update posted! WHEEEE!!

Check it out, and please continue the conversation in the new thread.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/58727-caves-beta-october-28th-update/

Archived