Fire bomb - hit or kit?

Thalkas

So now we unlock Fire Bomb new weapon. *clap clap* Good job all!

And community what you thinking about it? Im so disappointed. Small throwing arena and no burn effect. Dmg and CD isnt bad but fire bomb without fire?! I think add burn effect can change this item from "kit" to "hit". But its only my opinion and i want to know rest opinions!

It's interesting? Finally we have a new melee weapon option. And yes; the explosion is boosted by PHYSICAL damage boost gear.

It's not amazing, but it's nice. The melee attack is slightly weak, and the AoE is very small. However, the cd is also pretty small, and the explosion hits for 80~85 base, ~100 with phys boost gear. It's definitely an upgrade in damage until you ditch it for the Boarrior fight.

I'm not sure which character is best suited, or if there even is one. Winona is the only person who can equip it that has a relevant passive, which is the only reason left to play her, honestly. But it's not really worth choosing her just to boost firebomb either?

I just beat the game twice by using it with Wilson.

Regular attack ranges from 17-21
Bomb attack does 87-101
Cool down is regularly 8 seconds, but I was able to get it down to 5-6 seconds with cd tiara and armor.
Bomb attack functions like the spiral spear one, including stun and rage circle.

It is considered a physical attack since I was able to do more damage with the Resplendent Nox Helm and Jagged armor. I have not tested it with Willow yet, but I assume they will be supplemented by her fire damage ability. Overall, I loved the weapon and prefer it over the fire darts. The thing is, you HAVE to get up close and act as a melee DPS or else the bombs are useless and you might as well stick to the fire darts.

1 minute ago, MasterWolf said:

I just beat the game twice by using it with Wilson.

Regular attack ranges from 17-21
Bomb attack does 87-101
Cool down is regularly 8 seconds, but I was able to get it down to 5-6 seconds with cd tiara and armor.
Bomb attack functions like the spiral spear one, including stun and rage circle.

It is considered a physical attack since I was able to do more damage with the Nox helmet and Jagged armor. I have not tested it with Willow yet, but I assume they will be supplemented by her fire damage ability. Overall, I loved the weapon and prefer it over the fire darts. The thing is, you HAVE to get up close and act as a melee DPS or else the bombs are useless and you might as well stick to the fire darts.

Thanks for stats! Btw same dmg is on Willow whos have more fire and explosion dmg!

It's not the "once-you-get-this-item-your-games-will-go-faster-and-help-you-unlock-more-community-goals" item I was hoping for. It seems sorta useful during the Snortoise wave for more breaks, but after that... meh.

Use it or don't—I can't see it having a huge impact. We'll see though, there might be a niche use for it or something.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

It's not the "once-you-get-this-item-your-games-will-go-faster-and-help-you-unlock-more-community-goals" item I was hoping for. It seems sorta useful during the Snortoise wave for more breaks, but after that... meh.

Use it or don't—I can't see it having a huge impact. We'll see though, there might be a niche use for it or something.

But as fire and explosion item should work better with Willow - but doesnt. :<

And i think this item isnt "once-you-get-this-item-your-games-will-go-faster-and-help-you-unlock-more-community-goals" but if it is fire bomb should work as burning and explosing item.

43 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

It seems sorta useful during the Snortoise wave for more breaks

I think this is its best use and I like it a lot, now we don't have to punch 0s to them even if people used up their guard-braking abilities. Tbh I didn't really expect anything big, so I'm pleased enough with it.

26 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I think this is its best use and I like it a lot, now we don't have to punch 0s to them even if people used up their guard-braking abilities.

In a way that's kinda of my problem with it. So long as you cycle specials, you're team didn't have to worry about running out of breaks anyway.

The only benefit I see with this is that rando pub servers will scrape off a minute or so—which does ultimately help.

At least once the initial awe, and chaos, of the new weapon disperses.

Wait, Willow can use it?? I guess it counts as a Ranged weapon even though it's normal attack is melee? Weird.

It's an upgrade in damage (until boarrior) because 80~100 AoE damage is a lot better than the weak specials on almost all other weapons. If you usually hit at least 2 enemies with it (which is generally pretty doable), then you're doing a lot more damage than usual. Not a game changer or anything, but more damage is more damage.

I hope Klei will add small buff/rework - burning. It would be 4 dmg per 0.5 sec through 2,5 seconds (finally 20 dmg). Of course numbers are example. As range weapon it shouldnt have melee atack. Imagine any soldier fighting 1v1 with bomb in hand :D

And fix bomb for Willow ... Willow perk should boost dmg for bomb.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dcbb1218e6d436a81680c63046084cae.png

I found it very underwhelming. It can be useful for hitting 2-3 turtles at once or breaking a guard but it's not worth carrying it over a real weapon

The last matches i played one person kept throwing the bomb all the time without meleeing which resulted in less DPS than a darts and waking up mobs, i hope this doesn't become a habit among newbies.

I also think it should do some burning damage over time, i'm surprised it doesn't.

The trick to using this weapon effectively: Juggling. It looks to be considered a ranged weapon, so it gives your dart dps player something more interesting to do then just hold down F. So after you toss it, pick up your darts for a moment and use those. There's not really a need to use it's melee attack and put yourself in harms way.

Although I am curious as to how effective it would be on Winona with all CD equipment...

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

There's not really a need to use it's melee attack and put yourself in harms way.

It appears that using the melee will charge it up (it visually changes in-hand) and then deals more damage.

I haven't used this weapon myself but I've seen some other players use it- I'm pretty sure this weapon's special attack has a 100% chance to taking aggro from a monster, similar to Woodie's Lucy. If this is true, this means that this weapon allows runs where we get a DPS character who can switch to this weapon to run when needed, then back to DPS. This is going to need more testing though to confirm.

3 hours ago, Zeklo said:

It appears that using the melee will charge it up (it visually changes in-hand) and then deals more damage.

I just tested it: It really charges in hand but it doesn't deal more damage if it's thrown when fully charged, instead it explodes just like if it's thrown after 12 or more hits (13 if interrupted once), dealing 75 Non-Area of Effect-damage. It's boosted by Physical Damage and Willows Explosion-Damage-buff. The charge reduces over time and drops to 0 if the special is used.

Huh, I see. So instead of throwing it with every cooldown, you should bash until it explodes and THEN throw it so you have two bangs for the price of one? I'll have to try that in my next match, it could really improve the damage it puts out. Hmm... I'll see if I can choose Wiggy, because that'd give her high earlygame dps to match her high boarrior dps with Spiral Spear.

I suppose you could also consider using it with Wes for running so he can grab aggro like Lucy, but it's aoe is -really- small so it's not unlikely to miss...

It feels like Willows personal Melee-Weapon. She profits from the additional damage and has Bernie, who distracts the enemies and allows her to charge the weapon faster. It's also useful for the Runner as soon as the scorpeons come, he can try pick around 4 scorpeons and toss the glass into them while running away. Every hit deals a total of 300 damage and distracts them from your teammates.

The problem is, if Willow uses rapidfire (manually click multiple enemies to shoot faster) she'll get more damage off Molten Darts than the bomb unless you can regularly hit 3+ enemies with it. Hmm. I guess it's EASIER to use the bomb than rapidfire, though, and most people don't rapidfire anyway...

Actually, if the bomb's ranged class, than this argument applies to everyone I guess, not just Willow. But there's only one molten dart to go around and the bomb will generally outclass basic darts even with rapidfire, I think.

OK, I'm gonna go try the double explosion thing and see how I feel about the weapon after.

20 hours ago, Tumalu said:

It's interesting? Finally we have a new melee weapon option. And yes; the explosion is boosted by PHYSICAL damage boost gear.

It's not amazing, but it's nice. The melee attack is slightly weak, and the AoE is very small. However, the cd is also pretty small, and the explosion hits for 80~85 base, ~100 with phys boost gear. It's definitely an upgrade in damage until you ditch it for the Boarrior fight.

I'm not sure which character is best suited, or if there even is one. Winona is the only person who can equip it that has a relevant passive, which is the only reason left to play her, honestly. But it's not really worth choosing her just to boost firebomb either?

The hearthfire bomb is technically a dart, since willow, webber, and wigfrid as well as all the other dart users can use it. Just pointing out the facts.

Archived