Nov 13 Build Preview

Kevin

yiffy: I think I would just prefer the ability to repair the current armor. As is it becomes hazardous to your health to wander about with log armor under 25% or so, and there really is nothing to do with it but throw it on the ground and make more.

But I don't think improved armors are the answer because armor blocks damage completely. If it had too much durability it would be like God mode. This game doesn't have enough dangers right now after a certain point of research as is, especially with the effigy. I don't think adding more protection would necessarily be a good thing unless they are going to be bringing in much stronger baddies.

Agreed. The current armor, the logsuit, serves its purpose masterfully. Now if the logsuit were nerfed at some stage (i.e. reduce durability) or penalized (i.e. reduced speed), then maybe another type of armor could come in as a higher tier armor, but for now there's no need.

Also I'm against gold being used for tools, weapons, and armor. I mean, yeah, there are the gold tools being used right now... but I still think iron would have been better. Gold is just too soft. But hey, that's just my opinion. The tools at least look pretty.

I'm loving all of the changes coming down the pipe. I have a question for you guys on the dev team and everyone in general. I am one part of a startup youtube that does Let's Play's and the like. I wonder if a Let's Play or maybe like an every two weeks highlight video of the updates and changes either already exists or is something that anyone would like to see...? I hope so cause I love this game but get very little time to play games I'm not doing as "work" I've already done an LP of Shank and am currently doing one for Mark of the Ninja, it seems my whole half of the channel could just be Klei games!

I'm loving all of the changes coming down the pipe. I have a question for you guys on the dev team and everyone in general. I am one part of a startup youtube that does Let's Play's and the like. I wonder if a Let's Play or maybe like an every two weeks highlight video of the updates and changes either already exists or is something that anyone would like to see...? I hope so cause I love this game but get very little time to play games I'm not doing as "work" I've already done an LP of Shank and am currently doing one for Mark of the Ninja, it seems my whole half of the channel could just be Klei games!

There are a few people doing Let's Play vids out there. In my opinion, Don't Starve really works well for doing a Let's Play because of the nature of the game and the frequent updates. Wouldn't hurt to have more people!

There are a few people doing Let's Play vids out there. In my opinion, Don't Starve really works well for doing a Let's Play because of the nature of the game and the frequent updates. Wouldn't hurt to have more people!

Great Feedback thanks! I'll update with a post when I get some going then!

don't want to step on anyone feet, but so far, I have seen only one Let's Play of Don't Starve that isn't ... meh.

I won't say a name so I don't hurt anyones feeling :D But especially Don't Starve is a game where it is quite possible to see more than just one LP, so I will welcome any new LP that I end up liking :)

would you mind telling your youtube channel name royal? if you have other LP's already, no need to wait to check you out till you have Don't Starve footage!

don't want to step on anyone feet, but so far, I have seen only one Let's Play of Don't Starve that isn't ... meh.

I won't say a name so I don't hurt anyones feeling :D But especially Don't Starve is a game where it is quite possible to see more than just one LP, so I will welcome any new LP that I end up liking :)

would you mind telling your youtube channel name royal? if you have other LP's already, no need to wait to check you out till you have Don't Starve footage!

The Channel is Thosegetlemengamers Anything that says Royal Plays is me and obviously anything that says Gabller plays is my friend.

Just a thought that came into my mind, but there are graves that when read say that your name is on them. Could those have something to do with shadowy bad Wilson monster?

Those graves are there from the very beginning. I don't think that shadowy bad Wilson will be a character nor a monster, but rather is an externalization of the state of mind upon Wilson slowly descends the more days he stays in solitude.

Here's the first Video, more informative less Let's Play the intro is 4 parts all fairly long Part 2 is going up later tonight with the other 2 parts dropping tomorrow. Let me know what you think, honest feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Here's a

to the playlist where all of my Don't Starve videos will appear. Edited by Royal

i dont think you understand what a roguelike is

I did but I thought that once upon a time Roguelike was being taken to mean Survival games with perma-death that had random seeded maps. Obviously that is not the case and I've notated the video to point out my slip-up. "survival-craft" appears to be the accepted term.

Edited by Royal
Spelling

I did but I thought that once upon a time Roguelike was being taken to mean Survival games with perma-death that had random seeded maps. Obviously that is not the case and I've notated the video to point out my slip-up. "survival-craft" appears to be the accepted term.

This game definitely has elements of a roguelike in it. I've played some of the older SNES roguelikes (none of the true ASCII ones). I believe they all featured turn-based movement which this game does not have. Roguelikes generally focused on staying alive while curbing your hunger. These are two important aspects of this game. My favourite was Fushigi no Dungeon 2: FÅ«rai no Shiren (Shiren the Wanderer) on the SNES. It was later released on the DS. I also think most roguelikes are dungeon-based games. Despite the differences, Diablo II (in hardcore mode) was frequently referred to having roguelike elements (mainly the semi-random environments and dungeons and the permadeath). However, it left out key survival aspects such as food in-take. I don't know why you were shot down, by the above poster, for not understanding what a roguelike is. This game definitely has several roguelike elements, combined with the crafting and adventure from games like Minecraft.

I hope we get more hats, shouldnt be too hard for them to make right? just 3 new images and a bit of adding crafting requirements(?).

I'm into the hats, it's helps keep the game fresh after several hours by chaning up the visuals on your dude.