[MODS] Trevice's Mods Lair

2 minutes ago, trevice said:

Probably you downloaded the web page instead of the dll. Open the dll with notepad and check if it is "text".

Yeah it was text. I have no idea how that occured since I followed the same steps that I usually follow. Anyway, works like a charm now, I'll test the extra speeds one soon.

17 minutes ago, The Doop said:

I have been trying the prototype. I'm confused about how to set the speed, if there is is no user level control/config then what do I use to set it?

As far as I interpretted it, you just cycle through the speeds like normal, but instead of 3, there's nine, and the arrows indicating your speed don't correlate to the actual speed.

So I tried to use your example in BuildingModifier to modify wire, to raise the maximum wattage, but it doesn't seem to work. All I did was change all of the "Wire+WattageRating.Max1000" to various other "Max####" numbers that you have commented out (presuming that just using any Max#### won't work) and then place it in the Modifiers folder instead of Examples but all wires have the same maximum wattage in game. Am I using it incorrectly or does it just not work?

40 minutes ago, eXponentia said:

So I tried to use your example in BuildingModifier to modify wire, to raise the maximum wattage, but it doesn't seem to work. All I did was change all of the "Wire+WattageRating.Max1000" to various other "Max####" numbers that you have commented out (presuming that just using any Max#### won't work) and then place it in the Modifiers folder instead of Examples but all wires have the same maximum wattage in game. Am I using it incorrectly or does it just not work?

It doesn't work. It's seems like the latest ONI versions have change the way the Wires wattage capacities are assigned. I'll try to fix it but I'm still not sure how to do it...

23 minutes ago, trevice said:

It doesn't work. It's seems like the latest ONI versions have change the way the Wires wattage capacities are assigned. I'll try to fix it but I'm still not sure how to do it...

All good, take your time, I was really just trying to put off dealing with learning to separate my circuits while I learn more of the other mechanics, but I guess there's no time like the present to restart my base and take more care with my power and wiring.

20 hours ago, AresWild said:

game crashed when i research new airlock

Thanks for noticing the error and for uploading the output.log. I found the error and fixed it. I've had to change the Building tab and Tech. You can find it now in Utilities tab and Computing tech (next to duplicants checkpoints). Please, download and replace the new dll and try again.

talking about generators, any plans to fix heat deletion in NG generator ?

Raising NG temp from room temp ( 30*C ) by 270* before burning results in cooling worth one magic carrot in H2; generator's own heat production and waste included ... 

Why would anyone build or even use AETN? Before I'll need to use them i'll build steam engine instead. Cheaper and in place I want it to be. Breaks even on power with PW and profitable with SC.

Aww snap...With latest test build i have a few mods not playing nice, Not sure if yours or not. BUT the one mod i always use "Custom World MOD" to have a larger map is not working. I removed all mods but that one and it fails to render a world, it fails at about 43 % and log says something like ...

I did keep ONI common folder.

ERROR] Assert failed
Assert failed

Break can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
UnityEngine.Debug:Break()

SO more then likely i have to play small map till final release (bummer) just a heads up...Thanks for the continued hard work on the mods.

While writing this i realized i did not test if i could actually generate a world without any mods...so i tried....sadly i can.

1 hour ago, Camaro69327 said:

Aww snap...With latest test build i have a few mods not playing nice, Not sure if yours or not. BUT the one mod i always use "Custom World MOD" to have a larger map is not working. I removed all mods but that one and it fails to render a world, it fails at about 43 % and log says something like ...

I did keep ONI common folder.

ERROR] Assert failed
Assert failed

Break can only be called from the main thread.
Constructors and field initializers will be executed from the loading thread when loading a scene.
Don't use this function in the constructor or field initializers, instead move initialization code to the Awake or Start function.
UnityEngine.Debug:Break()

SO more then likely i have to play small map till final release (bummer) just a heads up...Thanks for the continued hard work on the mods.

While writing this i realized i did not test if i could actually generate a world without any mods...so i tried....sadly i can.

Just a heads up, this mod usually breaks with updates. A workaround I use is to go into the oni folder find Streamingassets>world>default.yaml file. Use text editor to change world size. There are x and y values at the top of the file. Set them to what you like and save. Every new world should be created with that size.

2 hours ago, UnderwearApp said:

Just a heads up, this mod usually breaks with updates. A workaround I use is to go into the oni folder find Streamingassets>world>default.yaml file. Use text editor to change world size. There are x and y values at the top of the file. Set them to what you like and save. Every new world should be created with that size.

Thanks, I did not know it could be done that way...Gonna try in a bit. Not even sure if a new world is necessary but i always start an update with a new Asteroid,  Just got used to it over the last 2 years...lol

On 6/4/2019 at 5:49 AM, akrabat14 said:

When will you start transferring your mods to Steam? I'm already used to one of your RoomSize mods and just can't play without it, and now I can't install the mod manually.

2 hours ago, Gaons said:

Hi @trevice! Are you going to update all to steam workshop? Really missing some usefull mods from here. TY in advance!

52 minutes ago, harmonium said:

@trevice can you add zip module, super miner and no damage mod to steam please ? I have see you have add some already thanks a lot.

The plan is to upload all the mods but it's pretty slow since I'm also cleaning a bit and adapting them for Steam.

17 minutes ago, trevice said:

The plan is to upload all the mods but it's pretty slow since I'm also cleaning a bit and adapting them for Steam.

I see, really ty for the efforts on mods trevice!

17 hours ago, Gaons said:

there are plans to add building modifier to steam's workshop?

Yes, there is, but I want to refactor it a bit.

On 17/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, harmonium said:

Thanks @trevice and can you tell me, this is more easy to update mod on steam ?

Sorry, I just came back from holidays. I'll try to catch up.

Would it be possible to make a mod that would allow transit tubes to be run under ladders and fire poles or at least allow transit tube crossing to do so(first option would be preferable) ? Current limitations make transit system completely unusable to me, as i build in grids, with ladders and fire poles everywhere for better logistics.

In addition to that, would it be possible to make teleporters, similar to liquid/gas gates ? Take Transit Tube Access as base, make it to require 3-4 kW for charging. And instantly teleport dupe from one teleport pad to another.

Archived