Were you frightened by the hand  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Were you frightened by the hand

Alright, so i went insane, then after blabbing about how i never saw the Hand form the insanity trailer, thinking it was super rare, then one night, i went insane, then this Music box music played which had me terrified, then i saw the HAND MAN! THE HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From the trailer i knew what it would do.i urgently made a torch, and went around screaming.Then it was morning, i quickly made my tophat and acted like a gentleman.After a night full of frights i decided to take a break after that Night Hand Incident.Did anyone else see the hand that puts out the fire...And if so, how was your reaction...... I need to know! xD

My reaction? Honest: "**** you, hand." and i stepped on it. Little jerkwad tries to put out my fire? Not on my lawn!Edit: oh yeah, and then he came another 5 times on the same spot. It got annoying xDAnd i can totally imagine wilson running in circles, then putting on a tophat and acting like nothing ever happened :D

Edited by Palpetinus

My reaction? Honest: "**** you, hand." and i stepped on it. Little jerkwad tries to put out my fire? Not on my lawn!Edit: oh yeah, and then he came another 5 times on the same spot. It got annoying xDAnd i can totally imagine wilson running in circles, then putting on a tophat and acting like nothing ever happened :D

LOL, i`m just picturing that right now.

You can scare away hands by running on em (had to do it all night once)My first experience I was completely ignorant of what they did. So I was having happy insanity fun and then I heard the music box, I freeze and notice two hands appear. One was behind me and got scared off so I think "oh they don't do anything" but the the other one made it to the fire and the screen goes pitch dark. Scrambling I try to make a fire but by the good grace of Maxwell it just then became morning. I then proceeded to hyperventilate for a quarter of the day. :)

First time I've seen this hand, it was in a pair too! Not that it was scary or something, I just didn't want to risk running towards it, since it was the only hallucination that actually went off to cross the border of light and advance straight to the campfire. It put off my campfire, but I had a torch :drunk:

To deal with the hands you need to position yourself direction between them and your fire and run in their direction. They will play musical notes, ending with an out of tune sounding note as they reach the very edge of the darkness. This note is your signal that you've scared the hand away. They don't actually retreat entirely until you've heard this note, or until morning, so you'll have a much more relaxed night if you're sure to chase these guys right into the darkness.

I love how random it is. If it happened every night I think the players would get used to it and it would lose some of the effect. Seeing as it only randomly shows up (even when your sanity is pretty high) though, it's kind of unexpected and you're like OMG.

When I first encountered that shadow hand (which I have since nicknamed Mr. Grabby), I just so happened to be standing right between it and my fire, so I accidentally found out how to counter it before it had a chance to try to extinguish the flame.

It didn't really ever scare me (though it does keep me on my toes when it shows up, especially if there's more than one). In fact, I'm quite fond of it, though I'm not entirely sure why I like it since it's not exactly a friendly entity that's out to help me.