Unfortunate Screencaps

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Why is it always Max? Stop bullying him!! ;n;

He's my favorite dupe. I treat him very well in serious games, giving him the best home and always finding really good traits, all while roleplaying - he is the most important dupe in the colony, doing most of the cleaning, doctoring, research, exploration, digging, construction, cooking, etc etc while everyone else has a relatively easy life, all while keeping his stress levels down. I always try getting a Max with three interests all with at 3 skill levels (e.g. mining, researching, construction), plus the traits Diver's Lungs and Narcoleptic or Irritable Vowel. It can take over an hour of rerolling again and again and again to find a really good Max.

Meanwhile, he's a test subject in debug/sandbox games, where I perform... experiments. He's a TOUGH dupe with a potential criminal record - attempting to murder Meep when he sent him flying to science and outer space. So far, he can survive being submerged in 6000C+ (10832F+) liquid tungsten for a short amount of time, endured the unbearable pain of urinating lumps polluted ice, is still fully functional despite having a body temperature of near absolute-zero, indefinitely survive in superextreme cold provided he has a supply of food and oxygen, not go bat s*** crazy after heinous mental torture such as witnessing the death of over 20,000 dupes (pretend I took away his multitool - he has no way to save them), and best of all, breaking down by simply crying on the floor instead of going on uncontrolled food binges, causing mass destruction, or suicide by vomiting.

Some quality screenshots from today:

unknown.png

stylish and having a good time

unknown.png

No Thoughts, Head Empty (i have no idea how they accomplished this, i think it was a collision error or something. they just kind of zooped into this position)

unknown.png

i was just gonna take a picture of nails being disappointed about this sculpture but then nisbet came by and made it even better

After being abused and misused by his fellow duplicants*, Max ran away and built a self-sustaining home for himself (during the Tubular Upgrade years ago). Max's house is encircled in red and the only way to get there (aside from digging through the Abyssalite) is through the narrow passage encircled in orange, a "moat" to slow down unwanted visitors and an ice biome to freeze and deter them.

1524235145_UbchebakayankarEdited.thumb.jpg.e34dfd0281c7a7cd0204d2f3e3e12fca.jpg

Max's house. Look at how happy he is!

580964728_MaxHouse.thumb.jpg.85d111f5caa1b524d91182705c276fb2.jpg

But after hundreds of cycles of isolation, Max is feeling quite lonely and wants company...

457140_screenshots_20171208105649_1.thumb.jpg.f911428c573e9d963f157fe7ff8590db.jpg

*Actually it's my fault. At one point he got trapped and is suffocating. Had to Red Alert the base to break him free. While returning to his cot, he ugly cried for almost an entire cycle before getting his s*** together.

Archived