I made a boo boo

I made a food storage, which was really great until I had a little renovation that took longer than expected as result CO2 levels rose and pushed out chlorine.. now I have chlorine spread across some ~40 tiles and several floors.. is there any tips on how to get the jinni back into the bottle? 

Also any fool proof chlorine food storage ideas would be apricated.

2 hours ago, jfc said:

didn't know storages or friges work without tiles under

1 hour ago, Flydo said:

Probably not for long term ^^

Alternatively you can use conveyor receptacles

They take up the same space as friges and have the same storage capacity

they don't need power and don't need to be built on the ground

1 hour ago, greggbert said:

I've never needed to disinfect food even when I used germy water to make liceloaf.  They eat it and they're fine.  If you can keep them away from slimelung until you can switch to mushrooms you're golden.

On normal, yes.  On Miserable (no immunity recovery), no.

If you want to use a chlorine room, then use a water lock to seal it and you'll be fine.  

I just make sure not to contaminate my water supply and then store the food in the CO2 at the bottom of the living area.

2 hours ago, Flydo said:

Probably not for long term ^^

probably not for long term?  using storage devises off the ground has been a known glitch since the beginning that goes and comes with patches its one of those check if they work with every update. kind of like building statues on tiles and deconstructing the support tile. the statue still gives the bonus with or without ground coverage so floating statues and such are a worthy pursuit same with storage.

to be honest a wall hanging storage device is less helpfull then one on the ground for thermal transfer but thats about it. hanging on the wall at least lets us use our space

You can see my end-game food storage solution in this thread https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/95061-bubble-hell-colony-showcase-cycle-500/?tab=comments#comment-1079867.

It's basically a Co2 pit with a carbon scrubber in the bottom. I vent a bit of chlorine into the pit when the element filters detect the level is too low, and I pump a bit out when it gets too high.

As for dealing with escaped gas, I install gas pumps at the top and bottom of my base and attach them to my scavenging line.I filter out the oxygen and vent it back into the middle of the base, and everything else gets sent to where it's needed. The scavenge pumps are also attached to gas sensors, so they only run when they're not submerged in oxygen.

9 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

A food pit full of co2 works just fine to keep food good.  You could long timer store raw food in chlorine to remove all the germs and then use automation to move it out to cook it and then store it in a smaller co2 room.

How long does it take to kill germs? Will a 2 wide chlorine room be enough for food traveling on conveyor rail through it?

1 minute ago, goatt said:

my chlorine was all gone after disinfecting oxygen.

I have used chlorine to disinfect both oxygen and water.  I never have lost any chorine so ether something else caused gas deletion or you have a bug that needs to be reported

18 hours ago, heckubis said:

probably not for long term?  using storage devises off the ground has been a known glitch since the beginning that goes and comes with patches its one of those check if they work with every update. kind of like building statues on tiles and deconstructing the support tile. the statue still gives the bonus with or without ground coverage so floating statues and such are a worthy pursuit same with storage.

to be honest a wall hanging storage device is less helpfull then one on the ground for thermal transfer but thats about it. hanging on the wall at least lets us use our space

Yes i know but so why indicated "not on the ground building" i'm sure dev will be add in the future something that will destroy this kind of building after a certain amount of time, but it's probably not their first priority

20 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Alternatively you can use conveyor receptacles

They take up the same space as friges and have the same storage capacity

they don't need power and don't need to be built on the ground

did you know if food can spoil on a rail conveyor?

23 hours ago, Hginn said:

I use this setup. Works 100%. No germs, no decay =D. No E. power needed.

Food.png

In that setup, the water isn't entirely necessary.  If you replace it with CO2, it will not release the chlorine.  Though then you have to be careful to make sure the CO2 pressure doesn't get too high or it will leak in to the chlorine area.  That can easily be managed by pumping in about 3 kg/tile chlorine in to the room.  As long as your base isn't overpressurized, it will leak CO2 on the oxygen side.  But the chlorine will never escape.

43 minutes ago, Flydo said:

Yes i know but so why indicated "not on the ground building" i'm sure dev will be add in the future something that will destroy this kind of building after a certain amount of time, but it's probably not their first priority

did you know if food can spoil on a rail conveyor?

yes unless the rail is in a sterile environment 

Archived