I got the steam engine working !

It was soooooo easy...You think a beginner to the game would manage ? :confused: Anybody who has got a basic setup to get the steam engine running is welcome to show off your build. I mean, without having god mode used ``.

steam.jpg

Heheheh, true ! Honestly, I would be really curious about a reasonable build. Not these artificial vacuum/lava ones where its obvious that its from the god mode. Any chance someone has a build which seems realistic doable in the normal game ?

2 minutes ago, babba said:

Heheheh, true ! Honestly, I would be really curious about a reasonable build. Not these artificial vacuum/lava ones where its obvious that its from the god mode. Any chance someone has a build which seems realistic doable in the normal game ?

Just because there's a vacuum you assume debug was used? You have any idea how easy it is to make vacuums, even very large ones, in a survival game?

I'd love to see a working build for a steam turbine, which doesnt involve lava/neutronium. But i dont think there is any.

All the practical usages of the turbine i have seen so far is a molten regolith cooler and the leaky oil fissure cooler in the other thread.

Thanks for your input blash365, yeah really hard to get it going. I played a different map for 1000 cycles without god mode and was not able to get it running. I toyed around down with lava, but every mistake with lava takes so many cycles to correct playing without debug.

33 minutes ago, babba said:

It was soooooo easy...You think a beginner to the game would manage ? :confused: Anybody who has got a basic setup to get the steam engine running is welcome to show off your build. I mean, without having god mode used ``.

Do you mean without cheats ?

Hahaha, yes my friend :)

A build without cheats, a realistic build without bug tricks...Where materials and parts can realistic and natural be put together in a normal game. The steam requirement is already demanding, if one doesnt already struggle with having enough water available. Perhaps youve got a build ?

4 minutes ago, babba said:

if one doesnt already struggle with having enough water available. Perhaps youve got a build ?

But steam turbine don't consume water/steam, only heat, I use 1 cheats in my build (I use oxygen in top), I cool petroleum with a steam turbine. Maybe with a door pump I can get a steam turbine working without cheats

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f8afd0b1967a63bf604ffcf3fbd5ae82.png

No, all is built in survival mode, I put some crude oil in the heating chamber (it turned into petroleum), and I heat it with the metal refinery with petroleum as coolant (steel production give a lot of heat) and glass forge. This is my petroleum boiler, I build this setup in all my survivals game

Thank you for elaborating, Neo & Saturnus. Yeah I was looking. One question - Is there some door hack involved ? What do the 4 locked doors do ? Thanks in advance for explaining... I guess it all has to be forever working fine as a lot of parts can not be reached for repairs - Or its the general ONI rip down walls thing what we are used to. Nice build, thanks for sharing. :p

Doors make vacuum when they close and open (deleting gas if possible). This way you can manage the thermal exchange.If I have much petroleum a signal makes the doors open (deactivating the heat source -metal refinery and glass forge) until petroleum is cooled and it can go trough another cooling chambers

6 minutes ago, babba said:

Thank you for elaborating, Neo & Saturnus. Yeah I was looking. One question - Is there some door hack involved ? What do the 4 locked doors do ? Thanks in advance for explaining...

Doors are used to transfer heat when closed and stop transferring heat when open. So you just control them with automation.

58 minutes ago, blash365 said:

I'd love to see a working build for a steam turbine, which doesnt involve lava/neutronium. But i dont think there is any.

All the practical usages of the turbine i have seen so far is a molten regolith cooler and the leaky oil fissure cooler in the other thread.

I have a build which works with lava/molten metal but I have yet to adapt it to run 24/7

I suppose molten glass could also be used though!

Hey, show it to the world sometime :) Im working on a parallel row of 5 steam engines, cooled by a 300 long radiant oil pipeline, cooled with 20 or 30 AETN`s , where I want to heat up a water basin beneath the steam engines via rocket launches. Its in debug, I just enjoy the game more on large scale with lots of wuff,wuff,wuff ...But thats me !

Looking at the current existing steam engine stuff solutions from normal mode, I decided to continue in debug for my type of fun.

Happy ONI everyone.

image.thumb.png.80fc055bfb8718f221193df7af6f441d.png

59 minutes ago, babba said:

Hey, show it to the world sometime :) Im working on a parallel row of 5 steam engines, cooled by a 300 long radiant oil pipeline, cooled with 20 or 30 AETN`s , where I want to heat up a water basin beneath the steam engines via rocket launches. Its in debug, I just enjoy the game more on large scale with lots of wuff,wuff,wuff ...But thats me !

Looking at the current existing steam engine stuff solutions from normal mode, I decided to continue in debug for my type of fun.

Happy ONI everyone.

image.thumb.png.80fc055bfb8718f221193df7af6f441d.png

I think you would have more success with a bunch of slush geysers, might as well since you already have 30 AETN :D

Hehehehe :D Originally I played the game for a hundred hours or so in survival. I enjoy god mode much more now, as giant built solutions would require a year of gaming time and certain things arent even possible in survival, due to finite resources and such. I hope they implement on map generation something like "Rich spawn" with lots of geysirs, volcanoes, wheezeworts and such. It would also be great if the moral system, stress etc. could be switched back on for existing save games.

2 hours ago, blash365 said:

I dont think this a legitimate map seed.

if there are infinite possibilities with infinite amount of seed (somehow ignoring the memory location size constraint to store the seed for use) and like a lot of random generators where it goes crazy and start ignoring rules when it goes to an extreme numbers, there should exist a seed for this map.

1 hour ago, babba said:

Hehehehe :D Originally I played the game for a hundred hours or so in survival. I enjoy god mode much more now, as giant built solutions would require a year of gaming time and certain things arent even possible in survival, due to finite resources and such. I hope they implement on map generation something like "Rich spawn" with lots of geysirs, volcanoes, wheezeworts and such. It would also be great if the moral system, stress etc. could be switched back on for existing save games.

when I'm boring with my principal survival game I replace some games files into /subworld for have 20 random geysers.

5 hours ago, blash365 said:

Welllllll... No neutronium, no lava.  Can be built in survival.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b71640edb275630b0e45fce838e1f4c.png

Its still exploity though.

6 hours ago, blash365 said:

Why should it be lava free? I mean, you need to get steam around 500g, so isn't magma a pretty reasonable choice?

Archived