JarrettM

Rocketry Upgrade Testing Branch Now Open! - [Game Update] - 282822

Recommended Posts

Carnis    122
9 hours ago, FutureJohny said:

Finally for the sour gas I would add filtering building, taking in sour gas and filtration medium or water and piped sour gas and outputing natgas and some solid waste or p. water.

I guess the suggestions forum is for suggestions.

Your refinery idea would likely revive natgas boiling, which devs clearly want to kill.

Getting ngas + pW would Be better than getting natgas.

Current meta Power is infinite, limits come from calories/cycle, water/oxygen, raw metal (to a lesser degree).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Carnis said:

I guess the suggestions forum is for suggestions.

Your refinery idea would likely revive natgas boiling, which devs clearly want to kill.

Getting ngas + pW would Be better than getting natgas.

Current meta Power is infinite, limits come from calories/cycle, water/oxygen, raw metal (to a lesser degree).

@Cheerio @JarrettM @JanH @Ipsquiggle Could we please get an idea of the developer intentions on the change of petroleum vaporizing into sour gas instead of natural gas? Is it what you truly seek to kill off oil boiling into nat gas? We just want to know what the intentions are, mates. We have been using oil boiling for so long and now suddenly we get confronted with this change. I personally feel oil boiling as it was can be considered too powerful, but designing the contraption for oil boiling is quite difficult, so it feels a bit disheartening that the creativity put into it gets completely swiped away. I can accept that, but please give a bit more explanation.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oozinator    2,341
1 hour ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

...so it feels a bit disheartening that the creativity put into it gets completely swiped away. I can accept that, but please give a bit more explanation.

Finally someone with better english skills then me, but with same feelings.
I did not use Oil cooking excessive as an exploit, but liked to experiment with it.

Same for drip bug / state change PW/W me liked to experiment, all gone.

Aaand a very bad move for Klei is to archieve forum posts, hard to find with search (if i am not wrong). I have to use google, to find my threads and when i not know exactly what i am searching for, i never find it again. I could use own created Topics - profile yes, but when i can not find it, no one can.
dripcool.thumb.PNG.32cef130c91366e12d42cecaef083b96.PNG



onipause.thumb.PNG.7c896c1c632ca43ed9650cee16efcd3c.PNG

Edited by Oozinator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLance    807
49 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

but designing the contraption for oil boiling is quite difficult

It was difficult until everyone posted builds which could literally be copy and pasted... after that there is no difficulty unless someone tries to improve on it or do something entirely different.

We might get a use for sour gas, just need to wait and see what happens, the fact that it now exists and also turns to Naptha makes me feel that Naptha and Sour Gas will actually have a use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It was difficult until everyone posted builds which could literally be copy and pasted... after that there is no difficulty unless someone tries to improve on it or do something entirely different.

We might get a use for sour gas, just need to wait and see what happens, the fact that it now exists and also turns to Naptha makes me feel that Naptha and Sour Gas will actually have a use. 

Most of the designs don't show the hassle. Vacuuming the area, getting a decent supply route to get the materials in quickly, getting all the needed resources in the first place, setting up the automation which does require knowing what you are doing instead of mindlessly copying, getting outright angry because you made a mistake at copying, being angry at Otto for leaving the door open requiring you to vacuum the place all over again after it took a dozen cycles in the first place, etc.

I'd personally argue copying definitely makes it a whole lot easier, but not without difficulty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlueLance    807
13 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Most of the designs don't show the hassle. Vacuuming the area, getting a decent supply route to get the materials in quickly, getting all the needed resources in the first place, setting up the automation which does require knowing what you are doing instead of mindlessly copying, getting outright angry because you made a mistake at copying, being angry at Otto for leaving the door open requiring you to vacuum the place all over again after it took a dozen cycles in the first place, etc.

I'd personally argue copying definitely makes it a whole lot easier, but not without difficulty.

Vacuuming it depends on several things, if you use one water lock you can easily vacuum an entire area by filling it with pumps. Once you have the room vacuumed the most difficult part would be building things correctly and not missing something important.

Obviously if you do not use water locks it can be more difficult but still easy if you have a design for an actual airlock.

But I do agree copying does have its own difficulties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Vacuuming it depends on several things, if you use one water lock you can easily vacuum an entire area by filling it with pumps.

I also thought that right until a semi confined cell filled with hydrogen was only being drained very slowly :D. Too bad dupes can't breath in hydrogen, else I'd have send Otto in as payment for his earlier slip up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
greggbert    97

So is the build pretty bug free and are all the art assets in place?  Or should I wait until next week to start a new game if my intent is to continue it long term?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndreyKl    84
On 28.08.2018 at 7:58 PM, Grimgaw said:

7 upgrades later Naphtha still has no use. 

Seven days later and you can:

  • At very low temperatures Sour Gas will now condense into natural gas and sulfur. 

Time to make processing even more complicated)

And Naphta now also transitions into Sour Gas

Edited by AndreyKl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31-8-2018 at 11:37 PM, AndreyKl said:

Seven days later and you can:

  • At very low temperatures Sour Gas will now condense into natural gas and sulfur. 

Time to make processing even more complicated)

And Naphta now also transitions into Sour Gas

So Glossy Drecko's now are potentially a power source. interesting. Theoritically you can get 50kg of plastic per glossy drecko per cycle, converts into 100% naphta, converts into 100% sour gas, converts into 40% natural gas. So per Glossy Drecko you can get 20kg/cycle To keep a NGG running constantly, you'd need 54kg of gas. A full glossy drecko ranch can theoritically give you 160kg/cycle of natural gas, or very close to 3 NGG's.

interesting!

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    2,117
10 minutes ago, saaadel said:

I want drekos and pufts from the cosmo trip :( 

But why? You got plenty of them in your own asteroid and you can breed more easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saaadel    0
1 minute ago, Sasza22 said:

But why? You got plenty of them in your own asteroid and you can breed more easily.

I play in icy world, there are no any puft or drekos. I want them from the space :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what we need? A critter that gets to eat all the darn regolith. I don't need a by product, just the critter to get rid of it.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndreyKl    84
42 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

You know what we need? A critter that gets to eat all the darn regolith. I don't need a by product, just the critter to get rid of it.

Drawn it in a volcano and feed the result to hatches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndreyKl    84
6 hours ago, Steve Raptor said:

What is the temperature generated by the rocket engines on launch?

I don't think it generates temperature, it expels extremely hot CO2 which in turn heats everything around (at least above 1200C and ~100Kg or more of gas, haven't tried to capture it)

Edited by AndreyKl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now