150% efficiently Solar with no manual input.

image.thumb.png.dc64a34706b5b50b93e20e9ced953754.png

After 800 games days  of grinding i finally complete half of my Solar power plant (it covered right half of the map, and the other half is under construction). This is not debug mode, and it a shame if you build this in debug mode.
It will work forever,  yes, and require no manual input, if you have enough polluted water to cool this system (not so much PW, only few kg per cycle)

To grind enough material for this you need: 

-Dig up to space as  soon as possible, dont pay attention to how much meteor damage the map, you gonna dig  all them anyway,  you need as much iron as possible.

-If you have any metal volcano, dig them as soon as you found them, you really need tons of  metal for this.

-Save sand to forge glass, and dig all diamond under ground.

-Pacu farm, if you wanna know how to farm Pacu, visit this 

-Enough power and oxygen for dups to work in space.

Meteor Detection
The logic behind meteor detection is very simple, one door will protect the scanner while scanning, and will close when ever they detect the meteor.image.thumb.png.20846aaaa201c5823a478da92ab90042.png

Second detector.

image.png.11ee62f6be2d2bfc7275b80238c1447f.png

Power for  bunker doors

The bunkers door need to close/open as soon as possible to gain maximum power, and you always need enough power to run them. Each door/detector require 120W, for total of 16 each conductive  wire.

image.thumb.png.3eda164ba66067bc8a89e74313eb7abe.png

this is what i do wrong a little, window tile stop light by a percent, so you need to avoid build window tile on top of  solar as much as possible. but im too lazy to fix since it give me more power than i needed anyway.

You should have 5 smart battery each so even main line is out of power, your door can still open when it needed.

Auto digging

Simple, just have one dups that cant build travel to digging area to collect iron, and, dig all entombment, my ways is use farm plot since it use clay while i have so plenty of them for cleaning oxygen.

image.png.7de2526a98b6d2d8f957364dc56fd924.png

System cooling 

Well, this is why you need tons of metal. you need to cover the entire room with radiant pipe, and air, what ever air you like, i cover them  with oxygen, but you can do what ever you want.
image.png.d91d8553920a07d4e8ee7b9b98f55c99.png

And final, all power need to be in power plant room so it can reach 150% efficient, which you not going to do anyway since your dups are too busy...

image.thumb.png.d5acaad3b71bc0966f5a21c07fdcb2ae.png

Remember, use as much battery as you can, since  unlike other power plant, solar need enough storage for them to gain max power.

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

Why you don't use the wall tiles for the area where is vacuum for sealing is? In this case you will not lose any gas and the atmosfere and the cooling part is way to easy. 

They are fully walled, but there no need to wall the window tile (i dont build this in debug mode, dont expect me to have infinitive time and resources). All are sealed as room

It still need conveyer to deliver iron, but since conveyer produce 10w of heat(small but will be noticeable since it doest transfer heat to anywhere) and there are no way to cool them in space(wall+air need sealed, but sealed part will heat conveyer very quickly) as it is not inifinitive, i havent implement it yet.

Nice. Although I have to say I am currently totally fine with 1 hydro generator and 5 hamster wheels for my long-term stable 12 dupe colony. There is just no need for this much power at this much effort that I can see.

41 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Nice. Although I have to say I am currently totally fine with 1 hydro generator and 5 hamster wheels for my long-term stable 12 dupe colony. There is just no need for this much power at this much effort that I can see.

This.  My base runs on h2 from o2 gen with excess h2 burned.  No need for solar even ignoring the huge investments needed.  I would choose pet gens if I need more power than h2 and nat can provide.

7 hours ago, Hellshound38 said:

I thought solar panels made no heat?

I put mine in a vacuum and they never heated up.

oh i think they patched it, long time a go it produce 10 W. And i need it in cool area since when one religoth drop(meteor does not come through, but item religoth in the ground can be explose all around) by the glass (300C, 20~24 tons), they ll heat up the entire system, cause overheat very fast, which, is very troublesome to deal with.

7 hours ago, blash365 said:

Why so much logic for the scanner? A simple not-gate suffices for me.

If you want it to last forever and no repair needed at that scale, that much logic is needed, Bunker door need 30 secs to fully close, so just one meteor can deal so much trouble. While spread this all around the map, just one sec late will provide 5~6 meteor come through, so you need to detect at least 30 secs before meteor rain come. If you build your solar system small, fine, you can fix it easily, but you dont want to scale any of those small broken in a large system.

8 hours ago, chemie said:

This.  My base runs on h2 from o2 gen with excess h2 burned.  No need for solar even ignoring the huge investments needed.  I would choose pet gens if I need more power than h2 and nat can provide.

sadly i generate O2 through morb and deodorizer (and electrolizer, but my morb system generate enough O2 to keep pressure above 3kg) so i dont have much H2 to work with and i have no need of extra O2 and H2 anyway. And my natural gas geyser generate pretty badly, so i have to invest in the solar system, which turn out to work very good, it provide me not only power, but since it spread all around the space biome, i have plenty of iron to work with, indeed, i dont even have to refine any single raw metal from day one since all my refined metal come from volcano and space.

And the investment is indeed very worth, since the more bunker door cover the map, the more iron i get, and now i can just plug and my colony can still run on it own.

image.thumb.png.cd8433c08ca7e6e0329eda0ad03e3171.png

Whilst I love overkill as much as anyone else, and have actually done a similar setup of panels from one side to the other, I would have to recommend stacking panels for efficiency.

image.thumb.png.96fbf8dc95c0a1cb870c6bbea30adc18.png

And Oil Wells as the build item for auto dig means you don't need to do anything with dupe roles/door settings. The Oil Well can only ever be built on a reservoir, but they will always try to dig out the spot for it.

23 minutes ago, TheOlz said:

Whilst I love overkill as much as anyone else, and have actually done a similar setup of panels from one side to the other, I would have to recommend stacking panels for efficiency.

image.thumb.png.96fbf8dc95c0a1cb870c6bbea30adc18.png

And Oil Wells as the build item for auto dig means you don't need to do anything with dupe roles/door settings. The Oil Well can only ever be built on a reservoir, but they will always try to dig out the spot for it.

That's clever

7 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

So the "floor" of the Solar Panel is transparent, rather than opaque?  My expectation was that buildings that contain their own floor would block light just like a floor tile would.  If that's no the case, well....

They don't block light at all.

They're made of only glass, so it kinda makes sense.

I know during the preview of Cosmic they didn't act this way - no idea if they were bugged then, bugged now, or there was an intended design change.  All I know is that at the moment, and for the past month or so, solar panels are stackable like this.

1 hour ago, DustFireSky said:

They had block the light before a couple of updates and it was right. Have u ever seen a solar panel field with stacked panels ? It is a simple Bug. Unlimited energy with stacked panels is exploiting high 100. :shock:

Who knows?! Klei aren't great about telling us what is/isn't a bug or an intended change.

You could argue it either way...

Light going through makes no sense because it's a ground tile, or it does because its all made of glass
It's a bug because they shouldn't act like this, it's not a bug and working as intended
If it was working correctly during CU then the EU version is a bug, if it was bugged in CU then the EU version is correct.

Mostly it's all irrelevant, the fact is, this is how solar panels work right now, so it's very easy to make use of them for heaps of power.

For cooling a single layer, you can get something with a boiling point lower than the machine's overheat, and have a pool of it on the bottom tiles with a wall behind them. Once they heat up to boiling, it vents to space and new coolant is supplied.

Just now, DustFireSky said:

Real solar panels don't act like this. Glass or not is irrelevant. In the real world a solar panel isn't transparent. So, it's a bug. Simple, but correct.

This is not the real world. Simple, but correct.

This is an abstraction of a world that certainly isn't ours (hello Wheezeworts, for example).

Right, not the real world, but solar panel stacking is not an exploit ? What it is then ? A game experience ? And by the way, u took an abstraction for an example, but the game has real world stuff in it. And now ? Which argue comes now ? A game has always a little bit of truth in it.

1 minute ago, DustFireSky said:

A game has always a little bit of truth in it.

Such as solar panels needing light, and being made of glass.

But because it's just an abstraction for a game, you can also go:

And glass is transparent, so so are the solar panels.

Not to mention that this is far into the future, who knows what their solar panels are like?

2 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

In the current state, it is simple wrong. It breaks the energy concept of the whole game. If u stacking the panels, u don't need nat gas, coal gens, hydrogen or anything else. Result = Fail!

LOL.

You need everything to get to that part where you can go full eco power.

Archived