What we're the Devs thinking?

2 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Why should I care what u are thinking ? Is it not the same thing ? I don't care too.

You don't have to. We can each make our case. Klei can see the discussion and decide if it alters how they wish to proceed. But I'm not going to get into a discussion about how some reviews look when it is entirely irrelevant to my experience.

You are correct, the game does have issues. But what those issues are may differ between people. And how someone experiences those issues may be contingent on their play style and expectations. An example of an issue I see is the steel production loop with lime and the debris bombardment from space to be a serious issue and I hope to see it addressed. So claiming I say, 'all is fine.' is a miscaricature of my position, putting words in my mouth to strawman me.

What I think would be more productive rather than just saying something nebulous is wrong is to be specific in your criticism. What exactly about the micromanagement is a problem for you? Then folks can see if it is your playstyle that is at issue or a function of a problem with the game. Make your case specifically and people can discuss your issue specifically. Just appreciate that other people can voice their expectations as well, and some will be contrary to your own. And some will be able to make the case why your expectations might be unreasonable.

14 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Early Access is not an apologize for everything. Get u paid for this statement ?

While I would be happy to be paid by Klei, they do not in fact do so. I personally feel that as an early access game they are updating regularly, responsive to game breaking issues and releasing reasonably stable products that I can enjoy. For Early Access, I don't know what more one can reasonably expect. You're very clearly not buying a completed game.

Damned. U work for Klei and don't get paid ? Look at my profile pic. Hard luck! Maybe u are a Freelancer? hehehe

U nailed it before. The damn ****ty debris after each meteorite rain. I hate it. They kill the whole cosmic part at the moment. And another fact is the performance killing regolith rains with tons over tons of regolith each time.

The goddamned egg cracker. I must manually select the eggs. No loop is possible. I must manually check how much Egg's are there and how much hatches are still alive. I can't cook all the eggs each time, because anytime, I haven't a plushy hatch anymore. They are so cute. I mean, I hate they :D U know, hate is love.

The light bugs are all dead. Not my fault! They died at over complicated the lifespan. I haven't a clue what happens to them. I don't tamed one. Temperature was always in the green range. But ok, someone would say: "No one lives forever". So true. The dead shinebugs all over the floor. Died at waiting the duplicants ends the work.

The priority system is a mess. They add a automation mode, a manual mode AND an extended mode. Any questions ? How much u must smoke (the green things) to decide, that that's a great idea ? One pound ? How much staff member has Klei ? Maybe they smoke a ton per week, like the meteor rains. Some game decisions would it explain.

U get the point, or not ? They take a game system (priority system) and make it worse as before. They over complicating things. That's the real word, that I was missing. They don't solve the problems the game has, no, the add new to the current system and over complicate it. Is that the solution ? I think not. If I talk about micromanagement, i mean also the UI. Count the buttons on the visual screen. How many are there ? They should visit a game developer seminar. How to prevent a messy UI. They were ill at the time. It seems so. Take not all to serious ;)

To Klei:

And how I said before. How is it possible, that the steam turbine is not fixed yet ? What's the reason ? If Klei say, all is fine, than make a video with a working steam turbine at the current patch level. Good luck at this try. U will need it and maybe something greens. I am the only one who would like to use it ? :(

1 hour ago, DustFireSky said:

Damned. U work for Klei and don't get paid ? Look at my profile pic. Hard luck! Maybe u are a Freelancer? hehehe

Well, I'm not going to turn down free money.

The goddamned egg cracker. I must manually select the eggs. No loop is possible.

False. You can have multiple egg crackers each performing continuous on a recipe to crack a particular egg. Would it be nice if we were better able to monitor stable counts through automation? Yes. I would also like to see a way to automate loading of incubators. But being able to setup automated egg removal and population control are still things that are possible, if complex to do.

The light bugs are all dead. Not my fault! They died at over complicated the lifespan. I haven't a clue what happens to them. I don't tamed one. Temperature was always in the green range. But ok, someone would say: "No one lives forever". So true. The dead shinebugs all over the floor. Died at waiting the duplicants ends the work.

Your problem is unclear here. Why would they die waiting on duplicants if they weren't tamed? What you're suggesting here seems contradictory. I haven't experienced this issue. But perhaps submit a bug report with a save file attached.

The priority system is a mess. They add a automation mode, a manual mode AND an extended mode.

I've found it to be quite functional. What about it, exactly, do you find to be a mess.

ow much u must smoke (the green things) to decide, that that's a great idea ? One pound ? How much staff member has Klei ? Maybe they smoke a ton per week, like the meteor rains. Some game decisions would it explain.

Your ad hominems here to both myself and those at Klei are not productive and make you seem childish. It makes it harder to place credibility in your criticisms.

They take a game system (priority system) and make it worse as before.

If you ignore the priority system and don't fiddle with it, it functions exactly as before they updated it. So if your complaint is that it is worse and more complicated, then don't use it. I personally find it provides a granularity that helps me streamline team action better than the old method that required me to make a lot of access restricted zones.

And how I said before. How is it possible, that the steam turbine is not fixed yet ?

I don't see other people talking a lot about the turbine and I see people using them. So how, precisely, do you feel them to be broken? And if it is how they behave and not a bug, what adjustment would you make to them to improve them?

10 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

If you ignore the priority system and don't fiddle with it, it functions exactly as before they updated it. So if your complaint is that it is worse and more complicated, then don't use it. I personally find it provides a granularity that helps me streamline team action better than the old method that required me to make a lot of access restricted zones.

Sure and dupes will operate for example on their own, without rising prio for operate (for example).
Are you not aware of those many beginner questions "why dupes do nothing"?
Your arguments are not valid from my perspective and could only reflect your personal taste..

I don't know, are u serious? The light bug quote is a joke part to the stupid dupes AI. It is just a little story, why they are maybe died. Is Serious your real name ? Do u laughing at the basement. I do it sometimes too. :shock: But its cold there.

A steam turbine setup with a compression method like doors isn't possible anymore. The doors destroy the steam! I tested it many many times. And how u know, u need more pressure under the turbines then above (3KG). So, how u can do it without the doors to run the steam turbines over a couple of cycles. I am interested. I saw by myself some weird configurations, but they don't run for a cycle. They exploited the system with oxygen parts in the steam circle. U have never build it right ? U say, no one complain about it, all fine. Maybe the most player don't play the game long enough to reach the point and maybe if they do it, they also noticed the broken steam turbine, but they don't reported it, because other people have do it for a couple of updates now. All is possible, the truth is mostly between it. But your argue is just: "Never heard a complain about it. All Fine..."

The egg cracker.  U say it is possible. Maybe, i worked myself much with the automation, but that is another: "We over complicating things, because the game hasn't the simple function for it"

I just call it: "stupid", u call it "possible", but that's not the point. A missing simple function could solve the problem, but all what u are saying is to defend each curious game decisions from Klei. What's your problem ? I don't understand it. If Klei remove all the Dupes from the game, u would say, but the oxygen is still there. Jesus Christ. I think, we end this stupid discussion. U will defend all of them. I understand it now. A Discussion is useless, if people are deluded to the problems.

7 hours ago, Whispershade said:

None of this changes the fact that the hand sign has become a dog whistle for white national 'identitarians'. And the original meme almost certainly used the hand sign for that deliberate purpose. The plausible deniability is precisely why they're called dog whistles and you rebuking someone for pointing it out is doing their work.
Congratulations.

To be clear, I've not reason to suspect any malicious intent from anyone in this thread regarding that sort of politic. Exploiting the uninformed is sort of their whole schtick.

Actual free speech advocate here. I was there for the 4chan threads - it was literally a campaign to bait people into hilarious outrage. Like the 'It's OK to be White' posters. Twitch still uses Pepe the Frog after a foreign government lobby (the ADL) 'officially' denounced a cartoon frog as hate speech. I don't know what else to say, stop leasing out your head rent-free.

I have to respond to this comment about the universal OK hand symbol because it was perhaps the cringiest wet blanket I have *ever* witnessed on a video game forum. Screencapped.

13 hours ago, Promethien said:

The OK sign being a white power symbol originates from 4chan. They did it literally to be rude to as many people as possible. You have fallen for their trick. Congratulations.

I'm aware of the history, but explaining how it started as a joke and has since been picked up by actual racists who attempt to obscure their actual beliefs behind irony and politically incorrect jokes in order to make them more palatable to modern society.would have undercut the conciseness of my original comment.

The okay hand gesture just means okay, but the okay hand gesture in the OPs meme template is a clear reference to the O-KKK meme, which is an "ironic" endorsement of white supremacy.

I stand by my original assertion. It's a dogwhistle for racists.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Sure and dupes will operate for example on their own, without rising prio for operate (for example).
Are you not aware of those many beginner questions "why dupes do nothing"?

A beginner question. Correct. Some people don't understand, they ask the question and it gets resolved. Or they figure it out on their own.  I can certainly agree with better explanations on how these things work default in the game, though. But another beginner question that pops up all the time, and perhaps even more often from my personal observation, is, "Why won't my ventillation/plumbing work." Does that mean those systems are equally a problem? I don't see either of you guys griping about that. Seems like a double standard.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Your arguments are not valid from my perspective and could only reflect your personal taste..

Doesn't matter to me and goes both ways.

3 hours ago, DustFireSky said:

I don't know, are u serious? The light bug quote is a joke part to the stupid dupes AI. It is just a little story, why they are maybe died. Is Serious your real name ? Do u laughing at the basement. I do it sometimes too. :shock: But its cold there.

Because you are a not Native English speaker, I am prioritizing clarity. So I cannot always assume that something you say that does not make sense is not still an earnest attempt to express an idea. So by treating something seriously that I might believe you intend as a joke, I make sure that I'm not ignoring an argument you are attempting to make. Were you to have demonstrated a native level command at English, I probably would have injected more sarcasm into our exchanges. This is not a rebuke of your non-native English communication. Just the explanation of adjustment in order to facilitate an exchange.

U say, no one complain about it, all fine. Maybe the most player don't play the game long enough to reach the point and maybe if they do it, they also noticed the broken steam turbine, but they don't reported it, because other people have do it for a couple of updates now. All is possible, the truth is mostly between it. But your argue is just: "Never heard a complain about it. All Fine..."

No, you did not understand what I was attempting to say and placed an intend that was not there behind it. Assuming or imply I was saying it was fine is not true. I, however, had not seen a lot of people discuss the issue. So I didn't know if you were referring to a literal bug with the steam turbines themselves or just how they are implemented as a system. And I was hoping you could clarify your exact issue. Which you have. Thank you.

As it stands I kind of agree. I think as they are, the turbines are kind of niche to specific applications. I also felt like if they need the door compression method, which seemed super gimmicky, to function well, there could be an issue. I personally haven't played around with them a lot, because I'm not sure I like how they're implemented.

The egg cracker.  U say it is possible. Maybe, i worked myself much with the automation, but that is another: "We over complicating things, because the game hasn't the simple function for it"

I just call it: "stupid", u call it "possible", but that's not the point.

You are moving the goal post here. You said, "No loop is possible." That was flat wrong. And now you're backing down to it being over complicated. You can have that criticism, but when you express it in ways that are flat wrong it makes it difficult to get behind your position. I even expressed interest in it being easier to implement. Also expressing criticism of the complexity required for automation. So again, on certain levels we agree.

As an aside, complexity is not necessarily bad. Escalating complexity adds challenge. A feature that games often use to add excitement. There comes a sense of accomplishment in overcoming that challenge. That's why a lot of people like puzzle games. Which is one of the genres ONI can be said to be apart.

What's your problem ? I don't understand it. If Klei remove all the Dupes from the game, u would say, but the oxygen is still there. Jesus Christ. I think, we end this stupid discussion. U will defend all of them. I understand it now. A Discussion is useless, if people are deluded to the problems.

Part of the reason you don't understand is because you're not taking the time to understand what I'm actually saying and imposing your preconceptions on on to me. Part of it that is probably also the language barrier, as well.

I haven't found discussion useless. We've come to agreement on some matters and differ on others. If Klei is interested in reading the exchange, they can make up their own minds.

10 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

I'm aware of the history, but explaining how it started as a joke and has since been picked up by actual racists who attempt to obscure their actual beliefs behind irony and politically incorrect jokes in order to make them more palatable to modern society.would have undercut the conciseness of my original comment.

The okay hand gesture just means okay, but the okay hand gesture in the OPs meme template is a clear reference to the O-KKK meme, which is an "ironic" endorsement of white supremacy.

I stand by my original assertion. It's a dogwhistle for racists.

congrats for giving a tiny minority of racists that much power. I give them exactly what they deserve, to be ignored. Giving them attention or power over your speech is exactly the wrong thing to be doing.

1 hour ago, Promethien said:

congrats for giving a tiny minority of racists that much power. I give them exactly what they deserve, to be ignored. Giving them attention or power over your speech is exactly the wrong thing to be doing.

lol but you do the opposite. ^^
You bring attention to that topic, you give them power.
For all others, it would be a normal picture in a row of pictures, with a funny/ranty meaning.

I mean really, it's not a freaking Nazi salute, virtually nobody knows this supposedly 'racist' secret meaning.

And this explanation for why it's racist and shouldn't be used is downright gibberish.

Am I gonna wake up tomorrow and find that 'black' is now a racist slur that should never be used?

More on topic: I will say this update did not add anything that made me think, 'gee, I really want to play some more ONI right now and see all the new stuff.' I hope the next update is more substantial.

14 minutes ago, UziMaster said:

I mean really, it's not a freaking Nazi salute, virtually nobody knows this supposedly 'racist' secret meaning.

And this explanation for why it's racist and shouldn't be used is downright gibberish.

People just want to be upset about something.

An ok hand sign is an ok hand sign, nothing more.

12 hours ago, QuQuasar said:

(Edit) I won't bother responding any further in this thread, everything that needs to be said has been.

5 hours ago, Promethien said:

Eh, I am not a fan of feigning ignorance about the intention behind things. Your original post stated it clearly, the aim of making innocuous symbols dog whistles is an attempt to discredit their political opponents for correctly pointing out the nature of the message being conveyed. Pretending they're not dog whistles is intellectually lazy. And acknowledging what they're doing is not the same thing as giving them power over one's speech.

@QuQuasar's original reply was intended to inform the Original Poster as to the nature and origin of the meme image the OP used. The OP can then make up their own mind as to whether that matters to them and their context or not. To understand what message they might unintentionally convey. And whether they have a problem with it. You know, because knowledge is power, and knowing is half the battle.

Personally, I find ignoring racists and racism to be cowardly. Especially if you're not among one of their targeted groups. It allows them to fester quietly and breeds inaction. As it is now, many of them believe they have silent endorsement from those that ignore them, which encourages things like Charlottesville. If you want to be an enabler, that's your prerogative, I suppose.

24 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Because being a diver is being a racist.

Context is important. If you want to abandon context and gaslight or strawman, that's fine. It demonstrates a lot about your character. Nobody is saying every instance of the OK hand sign is a wink and a nod to fellow Neo-Nazis and white supremacists. But, undeniably, some of them are. Pretending that is not the case, is doing their work for them. And gives rise to suspicion one is either a sympathizer or stooge.

Just now, Whispershade said:

Context is important. If you want to abandon context and gaslight or strawman, that's fine. It demonstrates a lot about your character. Nobody is saying every instance of the OK hand sign is a wink and a nod to fellow Neo-Nazis and white supremacists. But, undeniably, some of them are. Pretending that is not the case, is doing their work for them. And gives rise to suspicion one is either a sympathizer or stooge.

That's some serious attack on my person just because I made a joke. You should really calm down.

2 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

That's some serious attack on my person just because I made a joke. You should really calm down.

Why so offended? I only attacked people who are pretending dog whistles aren't dog whistles. I'm confident that doesn't apply to you. I just wanted to clarify my point which your 'joke' took aim at. :)
If it doesn't apply to you, you should just ignore it. ;)

5 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

Context is important. If you want to abandon context and gaslight or strawman, that's fine. It demonstrates a lot about your character.

5 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

And gives rise to suspicion one is either a sympathizer or stooge.

So you kind of attack people and don't expect them to respond ? That's absurd. You should just calm down and stop accusing other people because you go on a crusade for dog wisthles that people don't even know. You are just giving an even more false meaning to this sign that only means you're OK or safe and alive. You just got masterminded into dividing people with useless quarrels.

22 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

So you kind of attack people and don't expect them to respond ? That's absurd. You should just calm down and stop accusing other people because you go on a crusade for dog wisthles that people don't even know. You are just giving an even more false meaning to this sign that only means you're OK or safe and alive. You just got masterminded into dividing people with useless quarrels.

Actually, it means quite a few things around the world. Many of which are vulgar or derogatory references to anatomy or orientation. So, no, in fact it doesn't ONLY mean one thing as you claim. And it has undeniably become used as a dog whistle.

My 'attacks' only refer to people who are deliberately set out to deceive, gaslight, and strawman. If none of that was your intention, then nothing I said would have applied to you.

To reiterate, nobody said every instance of someone using the OK hand sign is attempting to dog whistle. If you want to 'joke' that that is the implication of what I or anyone here said, then it is absurd not to expect someone to make comment. Since it is sort of fundamental to the discussion of what a dog whistle is. I am certainly not here to stamp out everybody's use of the OK hand sign. I'm just against feigning ignorance to intention.

Indeed, there is a reason I didn't call you a stooge. But structured my post in a way to regard specific actions to be that of a stooge. Because I don't know that you are. But if you intended to behave a particular way that was described. Then I am clear in what I think of that.

I do find it difficult to believe that you could read the posts in this thread and think deliberately misrepresenting the innocuous use of the OK hand sign by divers as suggestion by others that they are racist would not be perceived by some in this thread as an attempt at gaslighting or strawmaning, though.

And just because I am verbose, does not mean I am not calm. :)

Archived