Draw yourself like dont starve character

49 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

This is an interesting idea. I'll try to get my sister in on it and to do it myself when I have time!

So far, your's really matches the style, nice going. Are we copying a specific character or just putting ourselves in the style?

put yourself in style :)

9 hours ago, Swollson said:

ive had some dst!me art lying around so why not post it here!

i even threw in some stats lol say hello to the most useless character perks

Nice work capturing the style!
And don't worry, way too many make their characters too powerful. It's just as well to have an under-powered character, probably better than an over-powered one.

I actually had a few ideas for this before, but never really developed them until  now.

Took a page from @Swollson's great contribution and gave myself some stats/perks, mostly based on what I'm like in real life.

1357690c_54e5_4691_b433_3eda75eb6f41_by_

Note: They/them pronouns.
My title would probably be something like "The Mindful" or something.

In more detail:

Spoiler

- I have no strength or stamina, hence the low health. My arms are noodles. Stairs end me.
- I'm thinking about whether they'd take reduced damage from shadow creatures, though. Even at 1/2, effective health would be 160, barely higher than "normal" health. Maybe 1/3. 

- Rain gives me life, while sunlight is my bane. They'd probably have a sanity boost of up to 10/min depending on the precipitation rate (though will still lose sanity from wetness). -5/min in daytime, no drain at dusk, and -2.5 at night, probably. 
- Takes a bit longer to freeze but overheats that much faster.
- All over-time sources drain sanity twice as fast when below 100, and maybe half as much above 200. Easy to stay sane when sane and insane when insane.

If I develop their character more, I might simplify/change some things, but eh

I always get carried away with the logic and details. 

Thanks to @Remps for creating this thread!

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 3

Took awhile but...

Ria the Dragon Mage (or Wia if we're going with the W name theme)

"I'm an entity from the future"

5b59be51e19e5_RiaDSmodredraw.thumb.jpg.0fc124d0bb80449e62019ee5f67ba1d9.jpg

Whew, this have certainly changed since my 2016 version ^^; though the first perk may be changed to something else (like pacifist/weak fighter or something like that).

More info:

Spoiler

Ria is dragon/human hybrid (which is why her health is 150 instead of 100).

Being part dragon, she's light on her feet and can quickly evade an unwanted battle (perk 1).

Ria is a pacifist and isn't too good at physical fights (strength would probably be adjustable in a mod).

Not a lot of things scare her (reason for high sanity).

She doesn't dress very warmly but makes up for it in summer (perk 2).

Comes with her own exclusive staff and mana gauge to use magic attacks (perk 3). Note: Different magic use different amounts of mana. If you don't have enough mana, she will not be able to use magic. Mana regenerates over time but can be regained faster through certain foods and sleeping in a tent.

magicstaff =

generic = "This helps me concentrate my magic."

Oh and that 2016 version incase you wanna gaze at the old ugliness ^^;

Spoiler

me_in_don_t_starve_by_dragonmage156-d9rs

• Like 6

Here, I've got one for this too. 
Albeit, a bit awkward, maybe an unattractive representation, but much of Don't Starve's style is caricature, so what can one expect?

usindsstyle_by_gallusvarius-dcid1o1.png
I included my sisters.  My sister who mains Walani is up in the top-left corner.  The sister who mains Wendy is in the bottom-right corner, just as heads.
I drew the Walani-one with her hairstyle in the cosplay so the resemblance can to identified. 

• Like 6

On 7/25/2018 at 8:02 AM, gallusvarius said:

Nice work capturing the style!
And don't worry, way too many make their characters too powerful. It's just as well to have an under-powered character, probably better than an over-powered one.

Aww thanks! hahha tried my best to capture the scribbly-ness of the style! yea i try to avoid making myself too op since im in no way op irl xDD

On 7/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, Auspice said:

Took a page from @Swollson's great contribution and gave myself some stats/perks, mostly based on what I'm like in real life.

1357690c_54e5_4691_b433_3eda75eb6f41_by_

glad i could inspire!! however O: i think the image is broken? I cant see it

• Like 2

I don't have a persona, but I do have an oc inspired by my childhood somewhat, so I guess I'll send her!
20190109_143356.jpg
Name: Welton
Sanity: 120
Health: 120
Hunger: 90

Welton is based off of my childhood, specifically my love for catching frogs, bugs, and snakes. Her family constantly travels for important political speeches that she    doesn't  quite understand. Welton just likes going out to forests and catching animals. But after a certain incident involving a frog, going to the forest became strictly  forbidden. So she snuck out at night  to live in the forest forever. One day in the forest, a tall human figure approaches her. He asks why she's in the woods all alone, and she explains what happened to him. He told her that she could live in the forest forever, if she just came with him.  

Welton is gullible and Maxwell is a jerk. That's the lesson. 
(I may draw myself soon)

• Like 4