Use for Ceramic and Lime

55 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Abyssalite has always conducted heat, just at such a minuscule rate that it can be ignored. 

There is a minimum temperature energy delta needed before any heat is conducted.

=> Abyssalite does not conduct heat if there is no big temperature difference (sry, but i don´t know the acutal numbers anymore^^)

Is there maybe someone in the mood to do the math for the minimum energy delta needed for abyssalite/ceramic to change temperature ? (Hope there is a viable temperature range where ceramic would concuct no heat at all)

16 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Speaking of newer materials are diamond glass tiles better than tungsten for exchanging heat now?  It has a better thermal conductivity and just slightly higher heat capacity.

If I understand the process correctly, it would be less internal resistance to the system, but you're still constrained by the other materials/gases/liquids involved.

36 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Speaking of newer materials are diamond glass tiles better than tungsten for exchanging heat now?  It has a better thermal conductivity and just slightly higher heat capacity.

Would be in most cases superior, but keep in mind glass tiles have a low overheating temperature compared to metal tiles^^

Didn´t played with diamond since the last upgrad, but was mentioned after they gave diamond the 200K overheat effect.

(So there is till no point in changing the overheat temperature if nothing made of diamond got a overheat temperature ...)

So my fault^^

4 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Abyssalite has always conducted heat, just at such a minuscule rate that it can be ignored.  It takes literally thousands of Cycles to see any heat flow from Abyssalite, barring things like Tempshift interaction (which might be a bug?).

Try piping liquid glass with abyssal (non insulated). It'll solidify in the pipes and break them.

3 hours ago, Smithe37 said:

Try piping liquid glass with abyssal (non insulated). It'll solidify in the pipes and break them.

Yes, but only for 10 cycles or so, then it seems to be fine.  I assume this is the abs heating up or something.

Last time i played  (friday, when my asteroid melted due to a bug...) Abyssalite has 0  thermal conductivity, while ceramic has a very low value (0.000005 if i remember correctly). Either abyssalite really have 0 TC, or the is show incorrectly on game... or changed from friday to monday...

Ceramic is nice for decoration (20% bonus!! )

4 hours ago, fredhp said:

Ceramic is nice for decoration (20% bonus!! )

I agree with the temperatures, but granite is in huge abundance, has 20%, and requires almost no help.  That 20% isn't high enough to make Ceramic worth it except as an abyssalite replacement.

Since ranching, any time I want something insulated, I use the insulated version of the item: Insulated pipes, insulated tiles, etc.  Usually I'll use an insulating material to make them, such as ceramic or abyssalite.  They seem to work just fine for me.

Archived