Drawings and Drivel

9 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

3 teaspoons it is then.

Actually, I do that too. I love vanilla flavor. 

But rather, if I'm trying to make a pie and the pastry for the crust is improperly translated into the pan I seriously stress out. Or like trying to make meringue (It's that fluffy marshmellowy stuff made from egg white) and something goes wrong, ect... 
I really stress out in cooking when I think things go wrong, or even stress out in order to prevent them going wrong. I only cook if I have a significant reason because of this. 

Edited by gallusvarius

On 8/1/2018 at 9:22 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Long answer: [puts on art analysis hat]

I like (interesting) walls of text. I hope you do too.

Perfectionism, I agree, is hard to deal with. For me, it's less in terms of art and more "wanting to operate perfectly out of the way of others," sometimes. Like, I get anxious whenever I slow someone down, or I accidentally make a mess/careless mistake, and when people call me out for my small mistakes (and I know that's all they are) I more or less punish myself for my imperfection through the intense anxiety I put myself through. I know that being near others means that I'll have to encounter them and I'll eventually do something that's not "perfect," but I understand the dissonance of knowing something in your mind vs. knowing it in your heart. 

I think it's great that you're trying to overcome your weakness by testing your boundaries! Change is more often than not slower than we can realize it, but I hope that you'll progress toward the kind of person/artist you'd like to be. I mean, I used to be... relatively critical of my art, until I started reaching the point where I know - this is how I want to draw it, whether it's in my style or emulating someone else's. And then I stare at the completed work for a good ten minutes or so and just admire it (and sometimes go back to fix mistakes I catch). After all, I think that the one who can appreciate your art the most is yourself.

You make an interesting point about seeing artists' personality through their individualized styles. I actually haven't thought about it much, but it's certainly something I want to keep an eye out for in the future. 

On 7/31/2018 at 2:05 PM, ResettePlayer said:

found something mildly amusing.

bUT WAIT.... there's more

1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:
9 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

3 teaspoons it is then.

dude are you feckin insane

I go by the belief that if I follow the recipe, nothing can go wrong. It has not failed me... aha....

...... Though I admit I halved sugar for some American cake recipes. I mean, come on! I do not need three cups! (or whatever it was.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Is that a hidden draft of that smexy one? :wilson_sneaky:

10 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

It's the draft of this one, if that's what you mean...

Oddly enough I thought it was this one:

Spoiler

20180703_094820.jpg.79bc2844502fbe97b049

But I must have a terrible memory cos I couldn't even remember the angle/pose ^^;

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

dude are you feckin insane

Sacrifices must be made, and if my sanity is the cost I must pay for those cookies I made, it was worth the cost. Oh and that cake... and the cupcakes... and maybe those other cookies I made. I bake a lot of things involving vanilla.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, ResettePlayer said:

We could also add Wolfgang to that list of narcissists.

Narcissist? I always assumed he was just overtly full of confidence but you could be right. :wilson_ecstatic:Though that seems more in EdgyRick's persona more than OG Wolfie.

On 8/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Auspice said:

bUT WAIT.... there's more

um1.thumb.png.c691c63f0469c54847c54a5f3f762039.png

Buy one flex tape, and you can have your own Winona for $69.69! Just for $69.69! Don't miss this offer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2018-08-02 at 10:56 AM, Auspice said:

Though I admit I halved sugar for some American cake recipes. I mean, come on! I do not need three cups!

I can get behind this. And guess what? It always tastes fine.

On 2018-08-02 at 12:14 PM, gallusvarius said:

Ha ha.
I live in America and have actually deliberately added more sugar to recipes. 

madness

On 2018-08-03 at 1:55 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

Sacrifices must be made, and if my sanity is the cost I must pay for those cookies I made, it was worth the cost. Oh and that cake... and the cupcakes... and maybe those other cookies I made. I bake a lot of things involving vanilla.

Cue Don't Starve-esque distortion in your vision as you cram another cupcake in your mouth with tears in your eyes.

Been there.

On 2018-08-02 at 8:18 PM, DragonMage156 said:

But I must have a terrible memory cos I couldn't even remember the angle/pose ^^;

There are so many Wilsons around here it's no big surprise that they get mixed up in your mind. Too many Wilsons.

12 hours ago, minespatch said:

Narcissist? I always assumed he was just overtly full of confidence but you could be right.

I thought I used "megalomaniac" somewhere slightly too recently so I tried mixing up my vocabulary a bit.

Wolfgang has a lot of... self love, you know?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Don't you just love it when your doctor ignores all your medication requests in the name of keeping you alive?

This is pretty funny. The expressions make it that much more so, too.
Referencing Maxwell's booster shot quote with this, at least in his dislike for them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

This is pretty funny. The expressions make it that much more so, too.
Referencing Maxwell's booster shot quote with this, at least in his dislike for them?

Yep. Glad you like.

3 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Next up: Maxwell is banned from the carnival the entering hall of mirrors incident.

Hah, that's one way to piss him off.

He probably smashed the mirrors that made him look shorter and fatter, though. Quit vandalising people's property, Maxwell.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I like the inverted eyes on Max, gives him a distance from the others and accentuates the dark eyes from his sprite.

Yeah, I was looking at his Forge vignette and thinking "oh... he's still mildly demonic". At least he's back to his normal human height, now. And his chin is filed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Swollson  did a wonderful thing and put my two favourite characters in a tailcoat and cape respectively. In complimentary colours too!

cardsuits.thumb.png.c15e772ef6d7450af2a406dc4e59191b.png

I also learned that I secretly wanted to give WX a dramatic plume this whole time.

Man, looking at these two... I just really want them to go on an adventure or something. Saving the world, doing random stuff for NPCs, whatever. Like-- 

Spoiler

Cursed count who experiences an abundance of auditory hallucinations teams up with saucy robotic knight to bring peace to the ever warring Four Factions of the Card Kingdom. They meet all sorts of wacky characters, solve all sorts of crazy mysteries, kill so many bears or whatever. It's gonna be great.

I'd read that book. Or play that campaign.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

@Swollson  did a wonderful thing and put my two favourite characters in a tailcoat and cape respectively. In complimentary colours too!

omg resette!! ♥‿♥ im totally flattered youd draw my designs!! <33 woodie and wx look totally bangin in your style!

and im loving your little excerpt! i currently have no setting for my card designs lmao so its interesting to read up on others thoughts :D

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

You drew these very well! I never recognized how nice Woodie's outfit design was until seeing it here.

Of course, I also love WX-78 here. The knight design was so cool... You did well with his cape and plume, definitely. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swollson said:

omg resette!! ♥‿♥ im totally flattered youd draw my designs!! <33 woodie and wx look totally bangin in your style!

and im loving your little excerpt! i currently have no setting for my card designs lmao so its interesting to read up on others thoughts :D

It was my pleasure!

And, yeah, I'm a bit of a fantasy nerd. For some reason your designs reminded me of Neverwinter Nights or Avernum or something.

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

The knight design was so cool...

I know now the true reason you like Dark Souls.

• Haha 1

Batilisk: "Vaccines cause autism, Earth is flat, chemtra--"

Wilson: "SAY THAT AGAIN YOU LITTLE SH**!!"

batilisk.thumb.png.7902fdf86c502529dc3dc9acf2c3be36.png 

Bystander: "Batilisks can't talk, it was probably just the voices in your head."

Turns out it was just Maxwell exercising his ventriloquism muscle.

This was done for Tuesday's stream. Bats and similar enemies are notoriously infuriating in pretty much every video game that has them. I think we've all felt like Wilson before.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Batilisk: "Vaccines cause autism, Earth is flat, chemtra--"

Heh, it's funny because the 'earth is flat' thing was something I was about to include as an example of 'non-factual-ness' in my next reply to your note... 
I can't say I feel the need to destroy those who think the earth is flat myself, but Wilson is one for the Church of Science, surely this would heavily offend his beliefs. 
That and, I do destroy batilisks because they in and of themselves are definitely frustrating. I hate how, in certain circumstances, they're impossible to kite. If they're planning to bite you, then they can always hit before you can, ever single time. Even if you're able to oneshot them, they'll bite JUST before you manage to kill them. 
I try to hit them while they're in the screech animation because of this. 

So I do understand Wilson's need to destroy the bat.
They're quite frustrating when they get into your base and chew on your walls, or your grass-geckos. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 12:09 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Don't you just love it when your doctor ignores all your medication requests in the name of keeping you alive?

... A lot of the time, I just don't take the medicine I'm prescribed. Well. Two instances, but those are the only two instances of note.

22 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

put my two favourite characters in a tailcoat and cape respectively. In complimentary colours too!

UGH WONDERFUL

I love the poses.

Hmm. Tempted to draw from Swollson's designs, as well.

22 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I'd read that book. Or play that campaign.

Honestly? Me too. As long as it's got a healthy amount of angst.

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I think we've all felt like Wilson before.

.... yes. 

............. Internally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

an example of 'non-factual-ness'

I don't think I genuinely believe that there are people who genuinely believe that Earth is flat. I try to wrap my head around the absurdity, but it's really hard. Are they just so concerned about "thinking outside the box" or trying to prove they don't blindly believe everything they're told, they just... blindly believe a random internet conspiracy? Clearly they're not thinking critically here, they're just leaving mainstream thought to follow something else.

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

A lot of the time, I just don't take the medicine I'm prescribed. Well. Two instances, but those are the only two instances of note.

Uhhh... why not? 

I mean, my life has been very lucky so far and the only time I was prescribed a medication so far was because a friend in school had meningitis... but why ignore the advice of a professional? I'm not trying to shame you or anything, just wondering why.

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

Honestly? Me too. As long as it's got a healthy amount of angst.

I mean, look at WX-78. They're 1001% brooding antihero. It's great.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Uhhh... why not?

One instance was antibiotics, and I... really don't think I was that sick. I can't recall very well, since it was a long time ago, but I think they said that they would prescribe it but it was up to me if I wanted to go through with it.

The other instance was a strong anti-inflammatory drug for something on my heel. It felt unnecessary, and the thing on my heel did go away after some time.

There's also my impression of many medicinal drugs as symptom alleviation, as opposed to treating the cause. I mean, I do still take cold medicine and Advil for aches sometimes, but I prefer not to immediately turn to drugs. I try tea and sleep sometimes.

22 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

I mean, look at WX-78. They're 1001% brooding antihero. It's great.

Yes.

• Like 2

don't think I genuinely believe that there are people who genuinely believe that Earth is flat.

..I met one.
Not someone I continued to know though, and I'm actually fine with that, since there were plenty of other more obvious issues. 

He kept going on about this book he read, a story that he clearly took far too seriously.

1 hour ago, Auspice said:

but I prefer not to immediately turn to drugs.

I think this is wise, to look for the root of the problem. If we have a headache, and it's because of lack of sleep but we don't yet know that... It's better to try sleeping first than pain-killer drugs, because sleep is the thing we actually need, and drugs can never replace sleep. 
Though it may be a little different when considering professionals. However, doctors are paid by drug companies to suggest their products/paid for favoring their products, so it's not like they don't have incentive. 
Maybe try talking to multiple doctors, to decrease the chance of this bias, is what I'd do if the situation were serious enough. If it's not serious, like 'I have a mere headache,' then I'm all-for letting drugs be a last resort. 

• Like 2