Some Content of the Artistic Form That I Do

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

It's more of a presentation thing than anything. If you really want a wilderness look, your sister would have to roll around in some dirt.

True enough. I'll ask my mother about ironing before we officially cosplay with it

On 6/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. wxinrain2_by_gallusvarius-dcfvrx6.png
  2. ...I'm afraid people are gonna think this is 'Shippy' because she's doing something nice for him though. I guess all I can say in defense is that I don't see them that way, myself. I personally perceive them as good friends/Wendy is like, WX's very few who are 'friends' or are more tolerant of his rude anti-life nature. And that perhaps, when Wilson and Maxwell were paired to build the portal, that these two were also paired, that they might be like siblings. In the way that having a room-mate long enough can seem like siblings too.
  1. I actually like the blue for Abigail's transparentness but if she was alive, having her be blue motif would be a nice contrast from Wendy's dark reds.
  2. Er... m9CvHzC.jpg?1
On 7/1/2018 at 6:01 AM, DragonMage156 said:

I don't usually compare artist to artist. Everyone should be treated equally and as their own person rather than part of a set. After all not everyone learned the exact same style of art with the exactly same tools.

I do the horrid crime of doing what Mage just described. I love seeing connections and comparing so artists can meet other artists or check series out. Even my boss tells me not to compare.:wilson_dorky:

10 hours ago, CoookieWizard said:
On 7/2/2018 at 1:15 AM, gallusvarius said:

because I'm no professional photographer... A

bad photoman*

580ad0a071b17_judgingyourwilson.png.8a898fd7149fc384f7ef36b57e5c7a97.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

I do the horrid crime of doing what Mage just described. I love seeing connections and comparing so artists can meet other artists or check series out. Even my boss tells me not to compare

Ohoho, I've noticed. You have a little tact, at least, in the sense that you say "reminds me of this" rather than "this is better/worse than that".

Style can be categorised. Anime/manga is definitely a distinct style, even if there is plenty of variation within that. Likewise you would have Western Comic style. Realism. Caricature. Disney.

Some artists manage to achieve styles that are difficult to categorise (where would you put Yo****aka Amano? His stuff isn't anime enough to be called anime), but most artists fit in a niche of sorts.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

Er... m9CvHzC.jpg?1

He a robot though, and she a little girl! Honestly though, sometimes I wonder if people mistake me and my brother for a couple when we stand next to each other... Or even when we talk to each other, probably. 
When I take him to visit where I volunteer/'Work,' I have to constantly explain that he's my brother. 

I imagine this scene happened before they joined the main group, when Wendy didn't have any other higher-thinker around than she and Abigail, and then WX-78.   Without the theoretical background of the two having lived together prior, they probably would ignore each other, so they're only like this in my idea.  

That and, Abigail is also standing next to WX. I don't think she's excluded from feeling sisterly concern. It's not two people standing here, not a couple - Two sisters and an 'adopted sibling.'   I wish I could draw friendly things without it seeming shippy, though. I kinda wish that for most of the stuff I draw. 
I'm sure Wendy isn't the only one who would give him an umbrella. Woodie might, or Wickerbottom with her motherly nature?

580ad0a071b17_judgingyourwilson.png.8a898fd7149fc384f7ef36b57e5c7a97.png

My groove or my terrible photographing skills?

I actually like the blue for Abigail's transparentness but if she was alive, having her be blue motif would be a nice contrast from Wendy's dark reds.

Interesting idea. Sometimes people avoid dressing twins identically for obvious reasons. 
I feel one of the things I'm more proud of is Abigail's expression in contrast to Wendy's. I adopted the idea from others, but because it makes sense - I see Abigail as being typically happy, except for quick bursts of rage directed towards Wendy's enemies, a contrast to Wendy's solemn depression. 
I kind of see Abigail as being 'In the afterlife,' on the happy side of it, maybe why she's so happy. Having already passed over, she didn't stick around to continue suffering as Wendy has. Surely, if dialog is possible between the two, then no wonder Wendy sees death as something positive - She'd be able to see how happy Abi was whenever she was summoned to visit. 
I imagine Abi doesn't feel physical pain. Probably why she just goes straight forward into tanking things, fearlessly. She can just be re-summoned, after all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here, have this.

bearger_roaring_by_gallusvarius-dcg7lnf.
I got into a random bearger mood yesterday and did this.

I've been drawing traditional art too but scanning it is a hassle. I have several week's worth sitting, un-scanned. I need to get up and scan soon... But not today.

• Like 3

On 7/3/2018 at 1:10 AM, ResettePlayer said:

I hope it's not too late to say this, but you'd probably have better luck with an online course. It's kind of expensive, but Animation Mentor is still cheaper than college. http://www.animationmentor.com/ There's probably more out there.

Yeah but I work more productively in a school setting. Also I'd love to get out of the house more.

It's rather what I'm used to. I was never an "online course" kind of person and I can get easily detracted on the computer.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, gallusvarius said:

I'd be more likely to do the animals realistically, because I still don't understand human skin and clothing well enough

Oh I thought you meant humans. My bad. Still would love to see your realistic animal drawings ^^;

On 7/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, gallusvarius said:

Unfortunately, the grave yards here probably wouldn't be very spooky, especially with how happy and tropical the area is overall.

Probably for the best. I heard that taking photo's in a cemetery has a change of taking ghosts home in your photos.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:07 PM, minespatch said:

I do the horrid crime of doing what Mage just described. I love seeing connections and comparing so artists can meet other artists or check series out.

I rather enjoy seeing different styles but I don't put artist down for it. Sometimes I even reference artists and characters they drawn to other things but I overall treat other artists as their own person.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Thanks 2

On 2018-07-03 at 8:58 AM, ResettePlayer said:

where would you put Yo****aka Amano?

Did the forum censor the guy's name? Well, that's mildly funny. Have a link to some artwork. http://amano-artwork.tumblr.com/

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yeah but I work more productively in  school setting. Also I'd love to get out of the house more.

That's pretty much exactly the reason I'm going to school too. Good luck, anyway.

11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I got into a random bearger mood yesterday and did this.

Do you think that the survivors get...used to the giants after a while? Yeah, they're still dangerous and scary, but Wilson's attitude here suggests that this isn't the first bearger that has harassed him.

Nice work on this one, by the way. You've pretty well filled the canvas, and the grey shading on the trees adds depth without taking attention away from the foreground. I like how you did the snout and the teeth of the bearger. I love Wilson's little hand of objection at the bottom too.

If you'd like some critique, having slightly thicker outlines around the bearger would make it stand out from the background more. If I lean back and take my glasses off, I can still tell them apart, but the side on the left begins could use a wee bit more contrast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh I thought you meant humans. My bad. Still would love to see your realistic animal drawings ^^;

I could TRY to do the humans. But then, get ready for disappointment as they come out less fabulous than the animals. 

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Do you think that the survivors get...used to the giants after a while? Yeah, they're still dangerous and scary, but Wilson's attitude here suggests that this isn't the first bearger that has harassed him.

Nice work on this one, by the way. You've pretty well filled the canvas, and the grey shading on the trees adds depth without taking attention away from the foreground. I like how you did the snout and the teeth of the bearger. I love Wilson's little hand of objection at the bottom too.

If you'd like some critique, having slightly thicker outlines around the bearger would make it stand out from the background more. If I lean back and take my glasses off, I can still tell them apart, but the side on the left begins could use a wee bit more contrast.

Thanks for all the words.
I think I was drawing the calm attitude to be funny, but maybe, especially with Bearger. Some, like Deerclops, they might just INCREASE in fear for as time goes by... But Bearger can be sated with food, and made calm, and his tantrums can be utilized. He also doesn't come in a dangerously cold season. There might be more calmness faced towards him.

I agree with that. I was actually thinking about it as I was finishing it, especially the left side you mentioned. I thought about outlining him thicker but decided not to in the end. I think I was wondering if it was just me with the 'creator's vision,' being overly-sensitive to flaws.  We usually notice them more in our own work.

• Like 1

Bah, I'm so terrible at giving 'reactions' to the comments here. I had to go back and hunt down the ones I've missed or failed to react to, there were more than I thought.

If I don't react to something, I hope no one takes it personally, I'm just bad at remembering to click a little heart button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I wish I could draw friendly things without it seeming shippy, though. I kinda wish that for most of the stuff I draw.

Tbh, when I first saw your WX, Wendy, and Abby piece, I didn't see anything shippy about it. Just characters interacting. At least for me, shippy/fluffy stuff is kinda dependent on the body language, expressions, and overall interactions of said characters. Like if Wendy was giving WX bedroom eyes while holding the umbrella, or they were holding the umbrella together, that might depict something more than just friends/shippy. TLDR basically shippy art is more of a physical display of intimacy/affection like hugging, kissing, holding hands, etc. Couples stuff if you will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Wesminator said:

Tbh, when I first saw your WX, Wendy, and Abby piece, I didn't see anything shippy about it

Ah, thank you for your reassurance.
I kinda wanted her gaze to be more like 'Why are you standing in the rain' kind of thing, for as much as Wendy can give such a look. She seems to be pretty inexpressive. 

Sometimes my Wes will give people back pats and stuff to be comforting because his communication methods are otherwise limited. My Wolfgang might hug people or do the same too, but also not with romantic interest. 

• Like 1

There, finally, I scanned everything. I feel kind of guilty about it though because I was supposed to be doing some schoolwork instead and it feels like a procrastination. There's still time to do school, I just feel silly for putting it off, but really, I needed to hurry up and scan things.

First off - From last time I drew the werebeaver, Resette mentioned more fur variety could help, which I tried to do and practiced on Mumsy the following day. It didn't get scanned until now, clearly more than a week later. 
mumsyteaches_by_gallusvarius-dcg9uow.png

Extra math included on the side.
Though after consulting those in my family, they said they didn't feel there was a difference between the two furs - They said both the werebeaver and Mumsy here had excellent fur, though Mumsy has more detail in other places. (Face detail, gloves, hat with flowers/funeral hat, ect.) 

Also, Dragonmage expressed interest in realism at some point, so like I mentioned, I tried it out for Webber.
realisticwebber_by_gallusvarius-dcg9unw.
I'm both proud and ashamed. There are some places I feel worked out really well, and some others that really bug me. But I know if I went back to fix them, it would leave an ugly smear, as is the usual result in my art on paper.
On the other hand, while this definitely isn't the best 'realism,' it's the best I know how to do on paper. And it's out much faster than what I would provide digitally. 

I wish I could make his head a little bigger and fix his left canine tooth. I hope those problems aren't jumping out at people. My sister says they aren't.

Well, those two were the most relevant. I'll throw in one more thing and then add more tomorrow, since I think people prefer not to be flooded with stuff all at once. 

webberwithflower_by_gallusvarius-dcg9vbh
I couldn't sleep one night, so I got up and drew this, but to be honest, my eyes were so heavy I could scarcely see. I needed sleep but I couldn't sleep - Insomnia - and I do hate it when that happens, but doing this got me to sleep afterwards. Anyway, it's really rough because I might as well have been drawing with my eyes closed. 
Just Webber, looking at a flower, maybe even feeling something like what I did. 

• Like 4

I shouldn't be adding more when I said I shouldn't, but my mind has gone to strange places.
5b3d4745f39ee_MaxwellsHeels.thumb.png.7cb66343f002d604e6816a028f020f90.png
What if, the real reason his demonic form is so tall, is just that he has SUPER 'high'-heels under his pants all the time? Where did he get them, you ask? Same place he got the cigar, obviously. 
(This is all just a bunch of nonsense by the way, I'm pretty sure his demonic-tall-ness is just some kind of an illusion.)

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

They said both the werebeaver and Mumsy here had excellent fur, though Mumsy has more detail in other places. (Face detail, gloves, hat with flowers/funeral hat, ect.)

I do think Mumsy looks pretty good here. It could be because of the fur variation, but it could also be because of the details and shading and stuff.

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I'm both proud and ashamed

That's the thing with tougher drawings, isn't it? Webber here looks good with all the shading, and his claw-like hands are cool. I didn't really notice the tooth issue 'til it was pointed out. Realism is very tough to achieve, so don't beat yourself up too much.

17 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

What if, the real reason his demonic form is so tall, is just that he has SUPER 'high'-heels under his pants all the time?

Googled "stilts under pants"

Spoiler

il_570xN.1325458439_rjfb.jpg?version=0 Happy America Day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Googled "stilts under pants"

Heh. I got the silly high-heels idea from your thread with Wes in heels, and then I thought, 'hey, why isn't Maxwell in heels to make himself taller,'
And then this. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

If I don't react to something, I hope no one takes it personally

Tbh, I usually skim over the react notifications (unless it's in my thread) >u< Otherwise I don't think much about them.

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

There are some places I feel worked out really well, and some others that really bug me.

Is that a pun? I feel like it's a pun >u<

I wish I could make his head a little bigger and fix his left canine tooth. I hope those problems aren't jumping out at people. My sister says they aren't.

Honestly I don't see a problem, even after you pointed them out.

Insomnia

Yesh. That sucks. Someone in my family has it too ( ._.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Tbh, I usually skim over the react notifications (unless it's in my thread) >u< Otherwise I don't think much about them.

...I do the same.   Excluding that I always skim over them, even in my own thread. 

22 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Is that a pun? I feel like it's a pun >u<

It wasn't intentionally. My brain doesn't think of spiders as bugs for some weird reason, but it WILL try to think of them as insects, which is exactly the opposite of what it should be thinking. 
If I were Wilson, however, then yes. Yes it would be. 

23 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Honestly I don't see a problem, even after you pointed them out.

Oh, thanks. It could probably use some more details, but I don't exactly have a photo of a real half-spider half-human to replicate. Plus I half-drew him in the car while our family was stuck in terrible traffic, and the other half done while riding on a bus. (Volunteer field-trip.)

26 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Yesh. That sucks. Someone in my family has it too ( ._.)

I only get it occasionally. Apparently, sometimes it just happens to autistic people sometimes. You see, we focus so much on things, and insomnia can occur when you think too much about something and your brain won't drop it... For normal people this happens usually when they can't stop thinking about something negative or some perceived problem, but with the hyper-focus of autistic people, it can happen to them just thinking and getting excited over any random interest. 
...I got insomnia because my brain wouldn't stop trying to plan how to train a chicken in hopes of expressing to others how they're not entirely dumb, once. To say, it can happen for silly things.
Getting up and physically doing something else can help, to break the chain of thought. Maybe it will help your family member as well. Even for negative things it can help - Not guaranteed, but it can. By physically doing something else or momentarily distracting yourself, it gives your brain a chance to just stop in it's tracks, and then maybe to work on falling a sleep from there. 

30 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

She's not autistic though. Luckily it doesn't happen that often.

Well, no, of course, it's not about that.
It's when something draws your attention so heavily when you can't sleep. It happens to everyone, or it can happen to everyone. It's just that autistic people tend to have such focused attention at any given time that they are more likely to not be able to sleep, but I never mean't to say it was unique to them. 
Anyone can have something that either troubles them - or on rarer occasions, makes them happy enough - that they can't sleep. Getting up and doing something to try and distract yourself can sometimes help, but not always. It really depends on why they can't sleep. 

Adding more for the day from what I scanned before. 

wxcooksadelicioussandwich_by_gallusvariu
I know it all looks kind of random... WX-78 is cooking a sandwich.   I was looking over Nimra's thread and somewhere in the center of it there was a scene where the other survivors were confronting Wilson about various acts of foolishness, and one of them was accusation of him cooking a sandwich in WX-78.
The mere idea of using him to cook a sandwich was really funny, so I felt compelled to draw it. 
I figured he would never allow Wilson to cook a sandwich with his mechanics though, at least certainly not willingly, so I had to draw him tied up. I guess all that cranky robot-anger is good for something, it seems to be making that grill pretty hot.

winonafeedsthegnawhashbrowns_by_gallusva
Playing Gorge with my sister Cookie, and we were with this one other random person, who insisted on cooking instead of me. Now as we were playing, they commanded Cookie, who was farmer, to grow a ridiculous amount of potatoes, and wheat (But wheat you always want a lot of), though mostly potatoes. Then, past the first intial phases, they started to constantly cook potato pancakes (Basically hashbrowns) and started repeatedly giving them to the gnaw even when it certainly wasn't craving it. So me and Cookie were  sitting there, listening to the gnaw howl in rage as hashbrowns were constantly shoved into it's mouth. Meanwhile we chatted privately in steam wonder what on earth this person was doing. 
Well, when the gnaw wanted dessert, they gave him some and got a favor for it, so eventually it made sense, they were just forcing the gnaw to change craving in an ineffective way. 
But it was pretty alarming to us, and funny enough that I wanted to draw it. The person played as Winona. I don't remember their username, we see a lot of random people come and go.  But Winona smugly force-feeding potatoes to the gnaw seemed fitting enough. 
This was my first time drawing Winona, and I had no reference, as usual. I think if anything suffered from lack of reference, it must be her hair.

wilsonhair_by_gallusvarius-dcg9uso.png
I was practicing Wilson's hair.   Sorry about not drawing things consistently, like, at all. I haven't drawn quick and multiple things enough like this before, so I'm still getting the hang of it. I think I'm getting more consistent for certain characters, though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2018 at 7:54 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. I imagine this scene happened before they joined the main group, when Wendy didn't have any other higher-thinker around than she and Abigail, and then WX-78.   Without the theoretical background of the two having lived together prior, they probably would ignore each other, so they're only like this in my idea. 
  2. My groove or my terrible photographing skills?
  3. I kind of see Abigail as being 'In the afterlife,' on the happy side of it, maybe why she's so happy. Having already passed over, she didn't stick around to continue suffering as Wendy has. Surely, if dialog is possible between the two, then no wonder Wendy sees death as something positive - She'd be able to see how happy Abi was whenever she was summoned to visit.
  1. Wx is basically the tsundere big brother who hates everyone but people take pity on him because he needs the morale.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. " bad photoman* " Not directed at you, at the comment.:wilson_sneaky:
  3. The opposite personalities fit. It's why I usually have Abigail tag with Wilson in my art from time to time.
On 7/3/2018 at 9:32 PM, gallusvarius said:

bearger_roaring_by_gallusvarius-dcg7lnf.

Impressive! The values around the Bearger's eyes and teeth are really impressive. Nice work not drawing too much attention to the trees.

On 7/4/2018 at 3:45 PM, gallusvarius said:
  1. mumsyteaches_by_gallusvarius-dcg9uow.png
  2. Though after consulting those in my family, they said they didn't feel there was a difference between the two furs - They said both the werebeaver and Mumsy here had excellent fur, though Mumsy has more detail in other places. (Face detail, gloves, hat with flowers/funeral hat, ect.)
  3. realisticwebber_by_gallusvarius-dcg9unw.
  1. Nice work tackeling Mumsy! I don't think I've seen you draw her before. The character design has her fur resembling a dress while this design looks more like Victorian leggings under the dress. Maybe one of the Gatekeepers sheared her lower torso?:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Werebeaver and Mumsy are part of the Don't starve race of creatures called Hunchbacks. Merms, gobblers, Bunnymen and etc are in the same genre:
    image.png.514eb6418189ee6476333272538e2525.png
23 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

5b3d4745f39ee_MaxwellsHeels.thumb.png.7cb66343f002d604e6816a028f020f90.png

I can just picture MAx stumbling while Wes is on balloon-made stilts.

6 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. wxcooksadelicioussandwich_by_gallusvariu
  2. winonafeedsthegnawhashbrowns_by_gallusva
  3. wilsonhair_by_gallusvarius-dcg9uso.png
  1. WX should've been the super-grill in the gorge.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
  2. Oh no... Gnaw knows my economy stratagy.592533d0cf11a_Arielthoughtssinkingin.png.861ff0e6548c601302cd2422f56f0dcd.png
  3. 5a465f05a39d6_Wilsondrawingtutorial.thumb.png.1630dba41db9a77e7ff5ca823f982a6b.png576210ef496f1_wilsonhairpuzzle.png.53dc5033b6b2ce8086dd5739cef9131a.png
    Hope these help. :wilson_smile:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wx is basically the tsundere big brother who hates everyone but people take pity on him because he needs the morale.

In this version, essentially, yes.
Except when he finds HAL and treats the little toy robot like a teddybear. 

The opposite personalities fit. It's why I usually have Abigail tag with Wilson in my art from time to time

Interesting. I never thought of having Abigail interact extensively with anyone outside of Wendy and her relations. I guess I had to wonder how well they could actually see her, though Wilson's quote does seem to imply that he can see her pretty well. 

Impressive! The values around the Bearger's eyes and teeth are really impressive. Nice work not drawing too much attention to the trees.

Thanks a lot.
I actually did this sketchy thing pretty quickly. Though I've had some practice with animalistic teeth. I would say my favorite jaw set out there would be hyena teeth. Look how they compare to a wolf: 

Spoiler

s521972503441136676_p1120_i1_w640.jpeg

A wolf skull.
18020_-_4_of_10.jpg
A hyena skull

Sometimes, to be honest, I'll break my 'vow of attempted realism' and give something hyena teeth when it's not a hyena, just because I like them so much more.
With the liberty I get on the fictional creatures of Don't Starve... I bet I could shove them into something's mouth.
By the way, as a bit of other random information, most anatomical skull examples like these have dull teeth compared to their living counterparts. It's because skulls like these, typically used for research, are also typically obtained from old specimens who lived their life out in zoos - That after they live their natural life span, their skulls would be taken. 
Of course, this is far easier than ordering a skull of the endangered wolf, or sending someone to Africa just to kill a hyena. But as predatory mammals age, their teeth dull, meaning most skulls have dull teeth. If obtained from younger specimens, the tips will usually be nicked off so no one hurts themselves on them. 

Okay, I'll quit rambling about teeth now.

Nice work tackeling Mumsy! I don't think I've seen you draw her before. The character design has her fur resembling a dress while this design looks more like Victorian leggings under the dress. Maybe one of the Gatekeepers sheared her lower torso?

Yep, this is my first time drawing her. Maybe I can make a detailed illustration of her too, she is after all, an animal-thing.
Yeah, I wanted to think about how she would walk and stuff, and how goats don' have fur that looks like a dress. It wasn't intentional to make it look like a different kind of clothing, but I think I like the idea of that, thanks.

Werebeaver and Mumsy are part of the Don't starve race of creatures called Hunchbacks. Merms, gobblers, Bunnymen and etc are in the same genre:

I knew already, yeah, that they all shared the same model. Still, thanks for thinking to point it out, it's interesting. 

I can just picture MAx stumbling while Wes is on balloon-made stilts.

Approximately. Until Maxwell pops them with one of his swords just to spoil Wes's fun...

WX should've been the super-grill in the gorge.

I wonder if his robotic sass would flavor the food. Y'know, like 'hickory smoked' or 'Mesquite-grilled,' 'Wx-78's-Rage' flavor is gonna be the new thing.

Hope these help.

Thanks, I read them. Though I feel okay about his hair in the picture, it's every other instance of him I have... I'll earn consistency for myself the more I draw these characters. There is already some amount of improvement in that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:
  1. In this version, essentially, yes.Except when he finds HAL and treats the little toy robot like a teddybear.
  2. Interesting. I never thought of having Abigail interact extensively with anyone outside of Wendy and her relations. I guess I had to wonder how well they could actually see her, though Wilson's quote does seem to imply that he can see her pretty well. 
  3. Sometimes, to be honest, I'll break my 'vow of attempted realism' and give something hyena teeth when it's not a hyena, just because I like them so much more.With the liberty I get on the fictional creatures of Don't Starve... I bet I could shove them into something's mouth.
    y the way, as a bit of other random information, most anatomical skull examples like these have dull teeth compared to their living counterparts. It's because skulls like these, typically used for research, are also typically obtained from old specimens who lived their life out in zoos - That after they live their natural life span, their skulls would be taken. 
    Of course, this is far easier than ordering a skull of the endangered wolf, or sending someone to Africa just to kill a hyena. But as predatory mammals age, their teeth dull, meaning most skulls have dull teeth. If obtained from younger specimens, the tips will usually be nicked off so no one hurts themselves on them. 
    Okay, I'll quit rambling about teeth now.
  4. Yep, this is my first time drawing her. Maybe I can make a detailed illustration of her too, she is after all, an animal-thing.Yeah, I wanted to think about how she would walk and stuff, and how goats don' have fur that looks like a dress. It wasn't intentional to make it look like a different kind of clothing, but I think I like the idea of that, thanks.
  5. Approximately. Until Maxwell pops them with one of his swords just to spoil Wes's fun...
  6. I wonder if his robotic sass would flavor the food. Y'know, like 'hickory smoked' or 'Mesquite-grilled,' 'Wx-78's-Rage' flavor is gonna be the new thing.
  1. um.png.7315b8be64c30324e078632ca0afaf61.png
  2. image.png.8c3ec228af6697a03563bc8afbbd1d58.pngHe's endeared by her bow.:wilson_ecstatic:
  3. ss_(2015-03-07_at_05.50.22).jpgAre you related to      Kentaro Miura perchance?57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
  4. No wonder Mumsy looks angry. One of the gatekeepers changed her look.
  5. Sounds like a possible second piece to my reply drawing I want to do in the future.
  6. Well, I bet they can definitely taste his rage once those mushroom burgers are done.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

um.png.7315b8be64c30324e078632ca0afaf61.png

Who made him a HAL costume? 

He's endeared by her bow.

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

Are you related to      Kentaro Miura perchance?

No, not even familiar with them, actually...  Don't know who that is. Can't say those look much like hyena teeth though, they're too flat.

No wonder Mumsy looks angry. One of the gatekeepers changed her look.

She's kind of scolding/teaching. Maxwell is probably giving her attitude about how to cook the food. 

I did some work with Wilbur while also doing paper stuff. I wish they were a little more visible, but the scanner wouldn't allow for it. 
webbermeetswilbur_by_gallusvarius-dcg9v2
When you first find Wilbur, he's lying on a raft in the middle of the ocean somewhere, and you give him his crown.
I wanted to finish Webber's pirate hat, but I do not know the symbol on it, and had no internet access. (No internet/computer = Me drawing on paper instead of digital.) 
wilburandthedoydoy_by_gallusvarius-dcg9u
I liked drawing the doydoys and snakes. I may throw more critters onto this page someday, so it may come back again later. 

Normally you'd get one more sketch, but have this instead. More of the nonsense I spew or am tempted to spew on other's thread, made material here instead.
carrotsaregoodforyou_by_gallusvarius-dcg
Webber says he sort-of misses being forced to eat carrots. Apparently he didn't miss it quite enough.
Not like spiders are vegetarians, I imagine they might be more yucky now, but if he's hungry enough, I'm sure he'd eat them. 
wigfridhidesfromvegetables_by_gallusvari

Wilson is doing Wickerbottom's dirty work/AKA trying to get people to eat their veggies, at least Webber because he cares about him, though Wigfrid probably needs them more. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 4