Please Make the new Research OPTIONAL

Okay who wants to have to resarch the same OLD bull**** over and over agin in evey new world, kind annoying with my unless you play on bringing all the mats to makethe machines ASAPreally guys it gets old i love survinging not bulding "COMPLEX machines so that i can advance human technology to make a shovel.....over and over again!really boring and repetative we already gather food and fight mobs why make us make these retarded machines every time.I miss unlocking all my tools on(basic survivaly tools any fool should already know about) and just survive as a survivor not a machine building weirdo OVER and OVER again.gets old why would i forget how to make a damn shovel in the next world, KEEPTHE OLD RESEARCH System (optional)Also Please tell me how to make dark armor these dark besats are beating me upI think i need nightmare fuel from where to get sword and armor but where? I need dark sword and nightmare armor to get the fuel.It that all I need how to I make this thingslSorry for going off topic but PLEASE let the old research system be optional me, and alot of other people HATe this redundance.Its already hard enough that the wolrds are apparantly gonna get harder and harder, comon, you dont go to a new world and forget to learn how to use a SHOVELthis researching is rediculas and researching right now is as retardded as ever.THe only worthless part of game.(dont forget to explain the dark armor and sword to me please but stay on topic for the devs"

I do agree that the shovel should be unlocked from the start, otherwise i think that the new research system is fantastic.I it's boring to make 2 machines every time you start a new world? well you have to make campfires to every time you start over.I don't see the problem.

Why did you post this in two different threads? Also, please improve your typing? (I'd say grammar but its definitely not just that)

Well, i understand why he opened a new thread for it, even if it is copy&paste.I mean, people won't go to a beardling thread when they dislike the new research system.

I do agree that the shovel should be unlocked from the start, otherwise i think that the new research system is fantastic.I it's boring to make 2 machines every time you start a new world? well you have to make campfires to every time you start over.I don't see the problem.

Yeah, the shovel thing is kinda strange..And what i already said: When it's really that big of a problem, take Wickerbottom.

You DO realise you are the only one who is raging about it like that?All the others say it may be a bit silly, but they accept it.

Hey, I'm tired of reading your posts,you act like a freaking fanboy. The guy said his piece you don't need to be so negative about it. The game is not perfect,in fact that's why it's in beta. We have all rights to criticize game all we want and how we want. On topic, I agree, right now it feels okay,but after some time I'm pretty sure it willt get tedious to always build science machine. I believe they should have two options, current and past research type

The old research system was a bit stale after you unlocked everything and rendered people able to construct way too many things right off the bat. It was simply OP and broken. The new one is definitely an improvement. There's no way to please everyone, I suppose.But no, we don't need the old research way. It made the game too damn easy.

You sir are a quack, they annouced the old reasearch method was disapeering in November last year: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1822-New-Research-Plan

The game has always been striving for rogue likeness and kevin has publicly stated he disliked what it made players do. Now I get there can be some frustrations over reseting when you lose a game but I personally think its quite a charming system and generally find it quite easy to build what I want quickly now instead of having to spend hours farming plants to feed into the machine.

Your post comes across as plain ranting, lacking critque that will get proper discussion flowing.

*edit* I thought I would address one point: Going to new world you keep your research its only in death that you lose it (new game or dead).

Edited by Cryten

Speaking of research, what to do with things like melty marbles and rope knots that we dig up in the graveyards now that the old research method is gone? I am assuming that there is a use for them that I have not yet unlocked... ?

Speaking of research, what to do with things like melty marbles and rope knots that we dig up in the graveyards now that the old research method is gone? I am assuming that there is a use for them that I have not yet unlocked... ?

pig king -> gold

Hey, I'm tired of reading your posts,you act like a freaking fanboy. The guy said his piece you don't need to be so negative about it. The game is not perfect,in fact that's why it's in beta. We have all rights to criticize game all we want and how we want. On topic, I agree, right now it feels okay,but after some time I'm pretty sure it willt get tedious to always build science machine. I believe they should have two options, current and past research type

Oh, so calling a game's new feature to be bull**** over and over, and calling the whole game completely boring and repetitive several times is now neutral critizism...

Okay no need for any of you to be *******s, I was just saying....thatalot of us find that having to build a new researching machine(s) EVERy time we enter new world is rediculous/ tediousI know that some of you "Omg game too easy for casuals" But alot ofus doing that same **** building some stupid machine that doesnt make sense to resarche tents...shovels....bug nets?What happens do we beceom pre school kid retards everytime we start a new map and have to built giant machines to learn how to make ..... bug nets,,,,, rakes, and shovelsAnyways i conclude my point iwth..... at least to appease boath the ultra hardcore oh this game is easymode bro! people.WE could also please the plenty of people(notblabbering fanboiys") that think this **** is annoying and redundant?Solution? Make research option OPTIONal like it was inthe last patch.Whats wrong ia wrong that......

Okay no need for any of you to be *******s, I was just saying....

that

alot of us find that having to build a new researching machine(s) EVERy time we enter new world is rediculous/ tedious

I know that some of you "Omg game too easy for casuals"

But alot ofus doing that same **** building some stupid machine that doesnt make sense to resarche tents...shovels....bug nets?

What happens do we beceom pre school kid retards everytime we start a new map and have to built giant machines to learn how to make ..... bug nets,,,,, rakes, and shovels

Anyways i conclude my point iwth..... at least to appease boath the ultra hardcore oh this game is easymode bro! people.

WE could also please the plenty of people(notblabbering fanboiys") that think this **** is annoying and redundant?

Solution? Make research option OPTIONal like it was inthe last patch.

Whats wrong ia wrong that......

well im a casual as well

i think the new reserch system is better then the old one. the old one basicly ment as Soon as a new patch came out you could spend all those thousands of unused reserch points to instantly gain the ability to make whatever you wanted.

the essance of a survival game is learning how to survive, and if you fail then you should be starting over from square one

if you really like the old system better ask someone to make a mod that makes everything buildable without the need for a machine.

but it shouldnt be part of the core game

You may not have understood, but three months ago it was already a known fact that the old research mechanic would disappear.

People always say "optional, optional" but the game have to follow a line of thought.

If you die, you are DEAD. Making another character means that you are starting ALL OVER again. You don't know how to make a shovel. You need to learn.

Now, what if the devs put the old research optional again, but if you die you UNLEARN everything from your last save, and have to research a bunch of junk just to unlock a shovel, would you still want it?

i don't think the new research system is tedious..i think its a really nice part of the mechanics...i love the new research system and i think it is leaps and bounce way better that the old one,but i also don't agree with the shovel to be not available when you start a new game..