For the second year in a row I was hoping that Easter would be added as an event. Fight with a mutant rabbit in the underground and collect trinkets - Easter eggs, a pair of thematic skins. It seems to me that Easter is quite a known holiday and can be add as event in Don't Starve. And what does the rest of the forum think about it, would you like a holiday in Don't Starve or maybe not?

They already released spring based costumes, it would be redundant to release a spring based event afterwards.

Easter is barely a holiday anyways, they probably don't acknowledge it for the same reasons as Hanukkah, Groundhog Day or Frabjous Day.

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

Fight with a mutant rabbit in the underground and collect trinkets - Easter eggs, a pair of thematic skins.

They could try to implement these ideas into year of the rabbit during the Chinese New Year.

If anything can they add a summer event? I haven't really seen anything for summer except Hamlet potentially coming out but thats a DLC.

Ooh!  Ooh!  I already have an Easter Bunny somewhere in my game!

hieasterbunny.png.58fe66c76a24aaf19bd6363ca84f6329.png

(APRIL FOOL'S this is obviously from a mod.  But still.  GIANT PINK BUNNY!)

But seriously yes to the summer event idea.  It's like the only season (both in-game and out) that doesn't have _any_ special event yet.  Not sure what it should be, but SOMEthing to break up the hot annoying doldrums would be lovely.

...Notorious

Would of been cool if during the year of the Varg we had the ability to collect Tallbird eggs and could paint them, thus turning them into permanent fixtures to decorate our base with during the time of the event.   I could use some blue polka dot eggs for my front porch XD

21 minutes ago, LadyAzure said:

the ability to collect Tallbird eggs and could paint them, thus turning them into permanent fixtures to decorate our base

There are living bird infants inside those eggs, you know.

Yeah but only if you hatch them or let them hatch. If you take them and cook them you get food, if you paint you get a decoration. For the event. Then after you can do whatever you want with it, once event is over egg is a normal egg again. 

Archived