[IN-PROGRESS] A New Reign Reanimated

Which DS/DST Trailer Should We Reanimate?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which DS/DST trailer would you like to see reanimated?

• The Forge (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vygRnYnPL0)
    • A New Reign Trailer (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJ-mX9n5hM)
    • A New Reign Cinematic (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjbOJBfk5U)
    • Shipwreck Expansion Trailer (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mScnLxvFEWg)
    • Don't Starve Together Launch Trailer (https://youtu.be/bVbyn7c1X6E)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/18 at 07:35 AM

EDIT: We're about to start working so let all your friends know~

1. Rough Idea:
    • Basically we will take one of the game trailers done by Klei and re-animate it with our own style and such while sticking to the main theme of the original trailer. (ie) If we re-animate A New Reign Trailer, we'll be showcasing the bosses in the same order as the trailer but could change up whatever we want: style, shot angle, some of characters, expressions, coloring, etc.
  2. Who can join?:
    • Anyone with a basic understanding of animation can join, regardless of skill level. It's all for fun so why not?
  3. Will this be posted online?
    • After your shot is completed, you are more than welcome to post your shot online (YouTube, Tumblr, dA, Klei forums, etc). The final complete piece will be posted here, YouTube, and possibly Tumblr.
  4. Will you be using other sites to gather artists?
    • If there's a lot of outside interest, then I'll create an email for this project so everyone can be in contact with me.
  5. Sounds like fun! How do I sign up?
    • Fill out the following form. You can comment it down below or message it to me privately. If you are not on the klei forums, there will be an email available shortly. In the meantime, shoot this form over to a friend for them to give to me:

A New Reign Reanimated:

Username:

Website Link: (should follow the username (ie) Wesminator is my username here so my link would be to my klei forums account)

Any shot preferences?:

Email:

SHOT LIST:

All shots that are claimed will be bold. Completed shots will have a strikethrough. I'll try my best to keep this updated.

Shot 1: Charlie waves hand over screen to open portal (~3-sec) @Wesminator

Shot 2: Wilson and Willow look at Klaus (~1-sec) @ResettePlayer
Shot 3: Klaus roars (~1-sec) @minespatch
Shot 4: Wilson gets pimp slapped (~2-sec) @Raspberry Milk
Shot 5: Wilson and Willow run (~1-sec)
Shot 6: Mooncaller Staff Shine (~1-sec) @Yukaige
Shot 7: Hound and Werepig come to life (~1-sec) @gallusvarius
Shot 8: Maxy and friends fighting (~3-sec)
Shot 9: Woodie and Lucy with Toadstool (~1-sec)
Shot 10: Bee Queen tantrum (~1-sec)
Shot 11: Wigfrid run (~1-sec) @Swollson
Shot 12: WX run (~1-sec) @Wesminator
Shot 13: Wolfgang run (~1-sec)
Shot 14: Wilson and friends explore atrium (~2-sec)
Shot 15: Fuelweaver ready for battle (~3-sec) @MinniBat
Shot 16: Wilson and friends are SOL (~1-sec)
End Trailer Credits (~4-sec)

Deadline: Mid-September. It's a 36-sec trailer so I don't see it taking too long.

[Shots Completed: 3/16]

Edited by Wesminator
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

If you click edit on the first post in a thread, you can add a poll. Also I would suggest not making it a multi-choice question?

Also I thought the DST trailer you were referring to was this one:

OOooooohhh DMage you teaching me new things. Bless your soul! And alright, I'll take off multi-choice question (I thought that meant give it more choices) and add that trailer to the poll as well. The original trailer I was referring to was ANR with the new boss additions, sorry for the confusion.

orz im so sorry fam! I'm new here ; v ;

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wow ANR and SW are the most 0_0

Both are good trailers to play around with for sure though it looks like ANR has the most so far. Might try to close the polls this weekend to make little sign-up sheets if there are others who are still interested. A part of me says that because DS/DST is such a niche community and that other attempts at fan animation have either gone dormant or never finished, some people may be checking this out to see if it'll flop like many others. Maybe the community doesn't have many animators, or welp there's just no interest. But I'm hopeful people will join in if they'd like otherwise gotta solo u o u7

• Like 1

I think we pretty much have our answer for which trailer we'll be tackling o v o)9 I won't be creating a new thread for sign-ups/progress, we'll just continue it here. With that being said, let me lay down some basic rules:

GENERAL RULES:

1. Keep the content PG-13/suitable for all ages. That means no sexual themes/activities, no hate content towards any race/gender/religion/etc. Mild gore/violence is ok.

2. We'll be animating with HD format of 1920x1080. It is always easier to work big then size down.

3. Be courteous. Of course everyone will have their opinions and if asked, share them with the artist. But if the artist is not looking for critique, be respectful.

4. Turn in your work! If you cannot complete your shot, let me know asap.

5. Be creative! Have fun!

And now the sign-up sheet:

A New Reign Reanimated:

Username:

Website Link: (should follow the username (ie) Wesminator is my username here so my link would be to my klei forums account)

Any shot preferences?:

Email:

That should do it! You can post the forms here or send me a message privately. For those who are outside of the klei forums, your friends can send me your forms until I get a project email going (if there's enough interest). This poll will be closing tomorrow so get your votes in. As always, feel free to leave any questions/comments on the thread. Thanks again. Looking forward to working with you all nqn/

Thought it might be a good idea to lay down the complete shot list for the ANR trailer. Note that all shots that are claimed will be bold. Completed shots will have a strikethrough. I'll try my best to keep this updated and have an Excel sheet on the side.

A New Reign shotlist:

Shot 1: Charlie waves hand over screen to open portal (~3-sec) @Wesminator

Shot 2: Wilson and Willow look at Klaus (~1-sec)
Shot 3: Klaus roars (~1-sec) @minespatch
Shot 4: Wilson gets pimp slapped (~2-sec) @Raspberry Milk
Shot 6: Mooncaller Staff Shine (~1-sec) @Yukaige
Shot 7: Hound and Werepig come to life (~1-sec)
Shot 11: Wigfrid run (~1-sec)
Shot 12: WX run (~1-sec)
Shot 16: Wilson and friends are SOL (~1-sec) @AretMaw

Deadline: Possibly this Summer (July)/Fall. It's a 36-sec trailer so I don't see it taking too long.

Edited by Wesminator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posting the WIPs of the shots I work on. Here's the roughs. Decided to replace Charlie with Shadow Wilson just to have some fun lol (though I was so close to making this Shadow Wes or Wicker pffft) Also played around with a new angle. I'm thinking of adding fire effects and such to make it seem like he's doing some OP shadow sh** maybe?? I'm honestly just having fun playing around so we'll see how things turn out.

Shot-1v01.gif.a5142fdf1bcfbb25ac11d90b4a70bfda.gif

Time to add in the rest of the deets u o u7 I'll keep updating as I work.

Edited by Wesminator
  • Like 4

I'd love to help! I't been years since my internship and I've gotten so little chance to animate since, I need to kick my butt into doing it on my own again.

Username: MinniBat

Website Link: https://aesthdeadic.tumblr.com/       https://aesthdeadlc.deviantart.com/       

Any shot preferences?:  I'd love any shots between 9 and 13, I'd especially love 15! I'm cool taking multiple shots if there aren't a lot of people, my job was background design and character animation so I'm versatile : P

Email: ankericksonia@gmail.com 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson's got that Hades hair thing going on, so you got it translated well. He looks so happy for some reason.

Ooohhhh minespatch, now I have a good character to reference for fire animation. In all honestly, I thought Wilson's Shadow hair in his portrait looks like fire so I wanted it to have a liquidy fire feel to it. I'm a huge sucker for flowy animation so I try to emulate that in my style. As to why he looks happily evil? I headcannon Wilson to be the goober of the bunch. I mean just look at that hair and half his quotes are puns n q n he's silly

5 hours ago, MinniBat said:

I'd love any shots between 9 and 13, I'd especially love 15!

Awesome Minni~ Let's start with 1 shot first then when it's completed, you can grab more. If you wanna tackle shot 15 of the fuelweaver then by all means :) I'd love to see what you can do with it. I'll put your name down and email you the shot before today is out. Tysm for joining!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Wesminator said:

I headcannon Wilson to be the goober of the bunch.

That settles it, Triumphant Wilson will now have a similar personality to skeletor.:wilson_ecstatic:

If I have time, I might be able to animate Klaus. Might be fun.

Edited by minespatch
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I think I'll wait until there's a dominant deadline. Deadlines tend to make me work faster. :wilson_ecstatic:

I'm thinking this Summer (July)/early Fall. It's a short trailer so shouldnt take too long.

37 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh more peoples! 0u0

That shot looks awesome so far!0.0

Ah ty Mage~

• Like 1

Just now, minespatch said:

XnnbpjN.gif

Pencil test for the group image. My boss's laptop can't do gifs, so I had to finish the gif on my art laptop.I'll post it in the other thread for ideas and criticism since I don't want to work on the background yet.

So yeah, besides the chains scattering, what else should I do?

• Like 4

Spoiler

5ad1622115f1c_AnimatedGIF-downsized_large.gif.665fcf6f66aea27a03670e3501ff81b0.gif

I suppose I can try. My animation ends up about as consistent as the colour of lights in a disco, and is a bit rough around the edges. For an example, have a Gif of Dirk Gently's eyebrows moving that I slapped together in 5 min's. It's really not very good, I can do much better.

Edited by Raspberry Milk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:
  Hide contents

5ad1622115f1c_AnimatedGIF-downsized_large.gif.665fcf6f66aea27a03670e3501ff81b0.gif

I suppose I can try. My animation ends up about as consistent as the colour of lights in a disco, and is a bit rough around the edges. For an example, have a Gif of Dirk Gently's eyebrows moving that I slapped together in 5 min's

That's great! Hope you join the MAP.:wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 2:39 PM, Wesminator said:
  • A New Reign shotlist:
  • Shot 1: Charlie waves hand over screen to open portal (~3-sec) @Wesminator
  • Shot 2: Wilson and Willow look at Klaus (~1-sec)
    @minespatch
    Shot 4: Wilson gets pimp slapped (~2-sec)
    Shot 6: Mooncaller Staff Shine (~1-sec)
    Shot 7: Hound and Werepig come to life (~1-sec)
    Shot 11: Wigfrid run (~1-sec)
    Shot 12: WX run (~1-sec)

Shot 16: Wilson and friends are SOL (~1-sec)
  • Shot 3: Klaus roars (~1-sec)
  • Deadline: Possibly this Summer (July)/Fall. It's a 36-sec trailer so I don't see it taking too long.

You might want to put this post at the first post, Minator.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

I DEMAND THE PIMP SLAP

Not fair, I was just about to ask for that >:(

Okay I'm going to put my details here, I'm not 100% sure on this yet though.

Username: AretMaw
Website link: https://aretmaw.deviantart.com/
Shot preferences: 10, 16.
Email: sceptileandme@bigpond.com

Edited by AretMaw
edited my choices :P
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1