[IN-PROGRESS] A New Reign Reanimated

Which DS/DST Trailer Should We Reanimate?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which DS/DST trailer would you like to see reanimated?

• The Forge (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_vygRnYnPL0)
    • A New Reign Trailer (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJ-mX9n5hM)
    • A New Reign Cinematic (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tAjbOJBfk5U)
    • Shipwreck Expansion Trailer (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mScnLxvFEWg)
    • Don't Starve Together Launch Trailer (https://youtu.be/bVbyn7c1X6E)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/18 at 07:35 AM

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

So... pixel arts fine right? it's just that it's easy and I'm lazy and also happen to be pretty good at it.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.20ca1b87165dbafe03a57077a77e31bb.png

I don't mind an animated pixel art piece for your shot but please note that the size format must be 1920x1080 at 300dpi. If you can accomplish that with pixels, have it animated with a complete background, and fulfill the shot length requirement then go for it!

Edited by Wesminator
  • Like 1

I don't think I'm good enough with animation - I've never done anything legitimate before - and plus my email isn't something I really use often so, listing it here as something useful would be pretty futile. 

It's definitely interesting though. I'd join if I had a stronger hand in animation. I've got a program for it and all but just don't trust the quality of anything I could do. 

I will be looking here to see other people's interesting animations though! 

Edited by gallusvarius
Added extra information.
  • Like 2

Good Lord! My internet has been turned off for quite a while. I popped in yesterday but it was so slow ; o ; (sorry for the long absence ahh)

Anyway I'm back and hopefully I didn't miss too much. Updates ensued: Deadline as been extended to Mid-September! Hopefully that'l give enough time for those who are still working. Also if you can, shoot me a message letting me know if you're still interested in/working on your shots. If not, shoot me a message via klei forums so I know what's up!

That being said, I'll be updating the shotlist again. Thank you for those who are still with us! We hope to slap this down soon :D(if the internet will not cease to exist o(-( )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wesminator said:

Anyway I'm back and hopefully I didn't miss too much. Updates ensued: Deadline as been extended to Mid-September! Hopefully that'l give enough time for those who are still working. Also if you can, shoot me a message letting me know if you're still interested in/working on your shots. If not, shoot me a message via klei forums so I know what's up!

( O_O)

I remembered this existed!

Sorry, I had a few other things that popped up, but I'll try to fit this into my schedule.

8 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

( O_O)

I remembered this existed!

Sorry, I had a few other things that popped up, but I'll try to fit this into my schedule.

No problem! Thanks for the update. Yeah it's still a thing. My absence killed the progress but we'll recover!~

Hoooo I forgot about this too for a bit no lie... classes started again and dad had another surgery so I've had a lot on my plate but I'm still working on mine! I'd like to post a wip once I have lining done, though maybe I'll wait til I have flats.

I don't get a chance to get on my computer everyday so if anybody ever wants to hmu you can email me at ankericksonia@gmail.com, I'm also on tumblr and twitter as aesthdeadic, my discord is aesthdeadic#4855. I'm definitely gonna see those faster than I'll see things here! If you joined the zine that started recently I'm in the discord chat there too.

Also can I just say.... I really am hating animating with my mouse, sooo tempted to start saving for a cyntiq or iPad...

Edited by MinniBat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MinniBat said:

Hoooo I forgot about this too for a bit no lie... classes started again and dad had another surgery so I've had a lot on my plate but I'm still working on mine! I'd like to post a wip once I have lining done, though maybe I'll wait til I have flats.

I don't get a chance to get on my computer everyday so if anybody ever wants to hmu you can email me at ankericksonia@gmail.com, I'm also on tumblr and twitter as aesthdeadic, my discord is aesthdeadic#4855. I'm definitely gonna see those faster than I'll see things here! If you joined the zine that started recently I'm in the discord chat there too.

Also can I just say.... I really am hating animating with my mouse, sooo tempted to start saving for a cyntiq or iPad...

Thanks for the update Minni! And yikes mouse animating? I hope you can get your hands on a cintiq, tablet, etc soon so it'll be easier on you. Idk if drawing it by hand and scanning it in would help but thetes also that option. Take your time tho, we'll get it done! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wesminator said:

Thanks for the update Minni! And yikes mouse animating? I hope you can get your hands on a cintiq, tablet, etc soon so it'll be easier on you. Idk if drawing it by hand and scanning it in would help but thetes also that option. Take your time tho, we'll get it done! :)

To be honest? The breakdown of my shot is simpler than it looks and I had the thought of just making a fuelweaver puppet and stop motion animating this... He wouldn't be complex to make, Wilson doesn't move much and I wouldn't have to worry about his face, even the bg is pretty simple.... you might just catch me doing this traditionally afterall lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MinniBat said:

To be honest? The breakdown of my shot is simpler than it looks and I had the thought of just making a fuelweaver puppet and stop motion animating this... He wouldn't be complex to make, Wilson doesn't move much and I wouldn't have to worry about his face, even the bg is pretty simple.... you might just catch me doing this traditionally afterall lol

You might be able to make some plasticine puppets or something based of those figurines. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

You might be able to make some plasticine puppets or something based of those figurines. 

Yeah I've got an old Wilson head I started for a sculpture now I'm like halfway through sculpting the fuelweaver fhgjghj

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, uh, is it okay if I animate first and THEN apply? >_>' 

This is for shot 7, which it looks like no one tried to take. I couldn't sleep so I finished up this non-stop. 
If there's one thing I can do, it's details and way too many of them, so now it looks something like this. HoundBreak.gif.37cb3e4b6c55bd4651ff41fcad7d82ba.gif

Also, according to my program, it's over one second. Should I try to fix that? 

I was thinking of adding a little werepig in the distance, on the left of the moon beam there. I can still add him, probably.

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

So, uh, is it okay if I animate first and THEN apply? >_>'

Usually you'd apply then start animating so I can send you the shot but it's alright you already did the work.

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Also, according to my program, it's over one second. Should I try to fix that?

I'll have to check with the actual framecount of the shot in the trailer and get back to you on that. But it looks great so far~ Thanks for joining us!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wesminator said:

Usually you'd apply then start animating so I can send you the shot but it's alright you already did the work.

Well, I know the reason is so that we wouldn't have two people working on the same part at once and then have competition, but I would have been alright if someone still took it, and would have just showed it here and not in this instead.

Do you still want an email?

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Well, I know the reason is so that we wouldn't have two people working on the same part at once and then have competition, but I would have been alright if someone still took it, and would have just showed it here and not in this instead.

Do you still want an email?

Yes please. Send me a PM. Also shot 7 is a total of 31 frames or 1-second and 7 extra frames. I can email you the exact shot upon getting your email.

8 hours ago, Wesminator said:

Also shot 7 is a total of 31 frames or 1-second and 7 extra frames. I can email you the exact shot upon getting your email.

Huh. Mine actually has 13, it's just slowed down to '7-frames a second' according to the program. I was trying to squish everything into what the program considered 'one second,' otherwise I probably would have liked to make the stage where they're in moonstone a bit longer. 

Hmm, I've never animated before, but it looks like you still need some people so I'll give it a go. I'll stick with a simple shot, like 2. Should be a good exercise, anyway.

Spoiler

Username: ResettePlayer

Link: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/1118570-resetteplayer/

Shot Preference: 2 

email: beccatron98@gmail.com

By the way, if you're doing the opening shot with Wilson rather than Charlie, would it be better if I switched Wilson out with some other character? Just to avoid repetition too early. I'll probably shove Winona in there instead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Hmm, I've never animated before, but it looks like you still need some people so I'll give it a go. I'll stick with a simple shot, like 2. Should be a good exercise, anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

It's all good. If you need any help just hmu. I'll add your name down to the shotlist.

6 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Reveal hidden contents

By the way, if you're doing the opening shot with Wilson rather than Charlie, would it be better if I switched Wilson out with some other character? Just to avoid repetition too early. I'll probably shove Winona in there instead.

Sure! Go for it! It'd be nice to see more characters make appearances. I've been thinking about reanimating it back to Charlie instead since Wilson pops up throughout the trailer. We'll see what happends. Thanks for joining Resette~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1