[Game Update] - 259633

Yeah, the tool tip on the wild status says they lose 10kcal per cycle, but I've run it for a good number of cycles and the calorie info never shows up.

Phosphorite shows up as a food for shine bugs in the feeder once a duplicant goes into the biome. Debug wasn't triggering it to show up earlier.

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:
  • Auto-Sweeper can no longer sweep through Mesh/AirFlow tiles.

Ugh. Why would you do this! It was really useful for building efficient storage setups, and also had some use as a way to gate off duplicants from getting at certain containers that you only wanted sweepers to touch.

Can they still deliver materials through solid tiles? Did this only affect picking up through mesh and airflow? It would be nice if you'd clearly state what the intended behavior of sweepers is so we know what we should actually be expecting. At this point I don't know what is or is not a bug I should report.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chemie said:

BUT sad that coal will be the go to power source even more than it was befote

I've never viewed coal as essential and have been skipping it entirely for a while now, but my 10-dupe colony offers me a bit of flexibility on things like power consumption.

17 minutes ago, Kermack said:

So anyone know how much is considered overcrowded?

5 wild shinebugs on 56 tiles = overcrowded.

5 wild shinebugs on 62 tiles = not overcr

8 wild hatches on 95 tiles = overcrowded

8 wild hatches on 96 tiles (max room size) = not overcrowded

Edited by blash365
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, snormer said:

12 tiles per creature.

My 36-tile hatchery isn't going to cut it.  I only keep 4 hatches, but that's still one too many for such a compact space.  But if eggs really take 14 days to produce then neither eggs nor hatch meat are going to be worth bending over backwards for, so I may just leave it as it is.

Edited by goboking
  • Like 1

I think they overnerfed eggs this update, the passive happiness drain is a good change, the wild to tame status is also good, but the reproduction rate going to 7%/cycle is way too much. Now it takes 5.1 creatures to sustain a single dupe's appetite, with the overcrowding limiting 8 creatures per max size room, don't bother eggs farm anymore, good thing they buffed geysers so farming is viable again.

Edited by bountygiver
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, goboking said:

My 36-tile hatchery isn't going to cut it.  I only keep 4 hatches, but that's still one too many for such a compact space.  But if eggs really take 14 days to produce then neither eggs nor hatch meat are going to be worth bending over backwards for, so I may just leave it as it is.

Had no time to check other critters, but hatches produce eggs at 7%/cycle now if happy. You can do the math, it means 196 kcal/cycle so it take 5 happy hatches to feed one dupe. Max size stable with 8 hatches now sustain only 1.5 dupes and mind you, it's close to full-time work for one dupe to groom all of them often enough to maintain happiness.

On a plus side, all 8 convert 1600kg of junk into 800kg coal per cycle now, so you can power 1 coal generator full time off them.

Then again, all this stuff (1 high tier dupe, hatches, feeders, generator, excess CO2, and all the running for supplying it all with materials) more or less exactly equals to two moron dupes in a hamster wheels eating dirt with zero stress. It sure make you think if it really worth it... :D

Edited by snormer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I did not play the preview so far and i decided to wait longer, to give ONI a chance again ^^

I enjoy it more than before. It makes the game challenging and fun. I grossed more time playing this upgrade than any other upgrade. Klei, please don't sell out to the people, this is a colony SURVIVAL. What aspect of survival do people not UNDERSTAND? Don't buy into Early Access games if you have misinterpretations about what genre the game fits in. Why do people complain about "They are Billions" or Dark Souls being too difficult. Learn the game by it's core mathematics, play, learn, enjoy. Klei made Don't Starve, how is this game any different?

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Creatures should now die if they run out of calories.
  • Creatures will now get overcrowded if too many of them are in the same room.

Thank you for bringing the SURVIVAL back into a survival game. I was just copy-pasting building factory farms and was losing interest. As soon as I hit a point where I have excess of everything, the game gets boring FAST. I will see how the dormancy cycles will be tweaked, hopefully a balance, not a compromise.

2 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Morbs should no longer get stuck spawning polluted oxygen.

Thanks! I was about to make a thread asking if Morbs were broken. Yes, they were!

@Cheerio The changes to Morbs seems to have altered their pathing quite a bit. They aren't falling through doors consistently, tending to levitate above them. Changing the game speed radically alters the speed at which they fall through, much greater than previous versions.

I'm still fully digesting the rest of the changes before I give other feedback, although the critter death on starvation feature seems a bit punishing. I'd consider replacing it with a coma status where they can be brought back in the incubator.

2 minutes ago, Rotintin said:

I'm still fully digesting the rest of the changes before I give other feedback, although the critter death on starvation feature seems a bit punishing. I'd consider replacing it with a coma status where they can be brought back in the incubator.

Consider they went from 20% to 7% reproduction... 5 critters for just 1 dupe...

1 minute ago, SkunkMaster said:

Consider they went from 20% to 7% reproduction... 5 critters for just 1 dupe...

Well it is just a pre release so of course it was going to change, the fact is when it started that was far too powerful, at lest now it dosnt make it the new food that people just use because its easy.

• Like 1

Just now, BlueLance said:

Well it is just a pre release so of course it was going to change, the fact is when it started that was far too powerful, at lest now it dosnt make it the new food that people just use because its easy.

well it just dosen't make much sense anymore. If either the food change, or the room change was made it would've been ok.. but both is a bit drastic

Just now, SkunkMaster said:

well it just dosen't make much sense anymore. If either the food change, or the room change was made it would've been ok.. but both is a bit drastic

Considering that we now get more coal etc back I wouldn't even complain, room changes etc were probably to help limit people from having so many hatches they slow their game etc and them complain about lag

Just now, BlueLance said:

Considering that we now get more coal etc back I wouldn't even complain, room changes etc were probably to help limit people from having so many hatches they slow their game etc and them complain about lag

so better to make something useless cause it can slow your computer down ? seems like a legit reason...

3 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

so better to make something useless cause it can slow your computer down ? seems like a legit reason...

You get more coal, and still an egg, donno how that is useless, sure you have to wait a bit more for the egg, but still not useless, either make more hatches etc, Its not like you have to survive on just eggs. or more oil, depends what your after

Edited by BlueLance

Like i said lots changes is coming

This what i was afraid of critters dying of hunger, the possibilty of this creatures being extinct. This will force us to rush for rancher job. Feels like the game is becoming more like a speed run just to keep those critters alive.

19 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

Like i said lots changes is coming

This what i was afraid of critters dying of hunger, the possibilty of this creatures being extinct. This will force us to rush for rancher job. Feels like the game is becoming more like a speed run just to keep those critters alive.

they don't consume calories while wild.

so thats why there are no calories, i thought it was a bug

if a criiter die of hunger will the dupes bury them, or mourn (aside from being food) they are pets when tamed right

Edited by Lutzkhie