[Game Update] - 259633

1 hour ago, trukogre said:

You could adapt your colony to what geysers you had active at any one time in other ways. .. there will be no challenge left in the game.

Yes but:
When they balance out starter biome / ressources / geysers, you could adapt, but then we see more similar solutions.
When they don't, you can get really unlucky, with 3 x Chlorine geyser.

Edited by Oozinator

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

Yes but:
When they balance out starter biome / ressources / geysers, you could adapt, but then we see more similar solutions.
When they don't, you can get really unlucky, with 3 x Chlorine geyser.

That's not what I was talking about at all, I was talking about length of dormancy.  Since you brought up the chlorine geysers: 3x Chlorine geysers is pretty horrible currently, perhaps the best way to solve that is to give more uses for Chlorine though? Personally I'd rather have zero Chlorine geysers if I could get any other geyser instead, as the game is now, unless I"m playing miserable/fatal.

Edited by trukogre

I would also love to see chlorine removed or limited, or given more uses.

A long dormancy means a player has to adapt to it, less water for 40 cycles? no Gas? etc, make due with what you currently have or dont take on something you cant handle without them etc, I was never at a loss because I didn't rely on geysers for the most part. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trukogre said:

That's not what I was talking about at all, I was talking about length of dormancy.

What about, when it would be possible with a tenured scientist to "reroll" geyser type and or dormancy seperate?
Spend some materials and time to reroll.

or since tenured scientist were "analyzing" this fumaroles maybe they found a way to force activate a fumarole by using some "device"

also once finished analyzing you see some devices attached to it, maybe we can connect automation wire to it which will act as input and will activate buildings and etc when the fumarole is out of it dormancy period

*ideas for ranching update mkII

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

or since tenured scientist were "analyzing" this fumaroles maybe they found a way to force activate a fumarole by using some "device"

also once finished analyzing you see some devices attached to it, maybe we can connect automation wire to it which will act as input and will activate buildings and etc when the fumarole is out of it dormancy period

*ideas for ranching update mkII

So similar to the oil reervoir where you pump in one resource to get another? I cant rememebr what it was but isnt that how fracking or shale mining works? I think its called shale XD

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Or return to wild state which would have been the sane way to handle it. With the plethora of bugs ONI is plagued with you can easily unbeknownst make creatures extinct because of a bug.

Especially creatures there are very limited amounts of in the wild such as hatches and shine bugs.

Or maybe we just need to make a spare dime mall zoo cage for one of each creature to conserve them in a wild state to regrow a population from should you have an accident occur to your domesticated egg machines.

I was thinking caging few wild ones would be the way to go....

13 minutes ago, chemie said:

I was thinking caging few wild ones would be the way to go....

Having them return to wild state so you'd have to groom them all over again would be more logical and less potentially devastating.

Just something about hatches, how could you possibly let them starve, they are so easy to feed!, and for other critters, no real point to farm them at the moment, except maybe slicksters, but so easy to feed too...

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

What happens when they stop being groomed for so long? do they become wild?

I think they simply stop producing eggs, my puft ranch has glitched preventing grooming and the happiness has dropped to 0%, but they are still tame20180314221510_1.thumb.jpg.ef589a7094145e128b4a0188a441970e.jpg

Edited by Neotuck
  • Like 1