• Nope
  2. 2. If yes, how so?

• Nightmare fuel
    • Thulecite
    • Corresponding gem
    • All of the above
    • None of the above

11 minutes ago, 6480 said:

Well, the magi is refuelable... Besides that, I don't think any of the others should be fuelable. This is why world hopping and ruins resetting exist.

A lot of them just end up nearly never used because of that tough.(lazy explorer,lazy forager, thule clubs)

Even the armors often end up never used because cheaper armor+healing is generally cheaper.

Of course you also have the construction amulet and deconstruction staff which are useful as is.

Personally, I just think a lot of ancient items need a significant increase to their durability (possibly double what it is now). That way it would feel like you're actually getting some use out of them before they crumble into dust. The lazy forager is something that looks perfect for farming logs, but it's durability is only good for about 37 fully grown trees. The armor, crown and explorer are ok-ish. DST's nerf to armor durability kinda made them even worse. The club feels like a waste when you have dark swords and hambats. Not only do they have comparable damage, but they're able to be crafted anywhere. And the pick/axe is just a joke when flint, gold and twigs are quite plentiful. To add insult to injury, the ruins give you plenty of trinkets that can be exchanged for chests full of gold.

Although the construction amulet and deconstruction staff seem fine as they are now. Duplicating materials is quite powerful enough as it is.

I really like Sinister_Fang's ideas. I feel that the thulecite club and the lazy forager are the ones that could really use some more durability. The armors are quite okay, but it would be really nice if the crown wouldn't use durability while its shield is activated (I think this is the case in DS?).

Its like even tho we have access to ancients items we dont use them because of the cost in thulecites. To be really usable, you need to routinely kill the Ancient Fuelweaver, raid the ruins, repeat.   (I'm no good enough to do that... YET!)

Only then thulecites become enough common so you can use those staves and goodies without that voice telling you you're wasting it!

On 20.02.2018 at 1:45 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

Personally, I just think a lot of ancient items need a significant increase to their durability (possibly double what it is now). That way it would feel like you're actually getting some use out of them before they crumble into dust. The lazy forager is something that looks perfect for farming logs, but it's durability is only good for about 37 fully grown trees. The armor, crown and explorer are ok-ish. DST's nerf to armor durability kinda made them even worse. The club feels like a waste when you have dark swords and hambats. Not only do they have comparable damage, but they're able to be crafted anywhere. And the pick/axe is just a joke when flint, gold and twigs are quite plentiful. To add insult to injury, the ruins give you plenty of trinkets that can be exchanged for chests full of gold.

Although the construction amulet and deconstruction staff seem fine as they are now. Duplicating materials is quite powerful enough as it is.

Club deals more damage for everyone except Wolfgang, but yes, i think it's durability should be increased. Pick/axe is great tool for toadstool kills, because you need 11 chops instead of 14

13 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Its like even tho we have access to ancients items we dont use them because of the cost in thulecites. To be really usable, you need to routinely kill the Ancient Fuelweaver, raid the ruins, repeat.   (I'm no good enough to do that... YET!)

Only then thulecites become enough common so you can use those staves and goodies without that voice telling you you're wasting it!

Well technically you can keep duplicating thelucite through the construction amu/deconstruction staff process. It will consume green gems though, so you can still use ancient items without ruins reset as long as you kill dragonfly often.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Well technically you can keep duplicating thelucite through the construction amu/deconstruction staff process. It will consume green gems though, so you can still use ancient items without ruins reset as long as you kill dragonfly often.

Not to mention all the ruins gems some of us stockpiled thanks to Santa during the Winter Event 

3 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Yes I know. I do it sometime, but to me it seems not legit to do this continually. It is legit, but it doesn't feel like it :S

Am I the only one thinking that? probably 

59 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Yes I know. I do it sometime, but to me it seems not legit to do this continually. It is legit, but it doesn't feel like it :S

Am I the only one thinking that? probably 

I think its fine, dst has challenges suited for everyone's playstyle, I guess its a fitting reward for killing dragonfly and having cleared the ruins. Also dfly doesn't give you that many green gems (just 2 I think) . It's definately more profitable to also reset the ruins every once and then, which is IMHO a lot harder than killing the oversized bug.

Refueling things is generally bad for survival games since if you can refuel something it means you only need to craft it once and from then on the only thing you need to gather to sustain it is the one thing it is fueled by.

They just need to balance the durability so it's actually worth the trouble, WhIch they probably Never will because they seem tO refuse to balaNce Anything now.

31 minutes ago, Korlie said:

Refueling things is generally bad for survival games since if you can refuel something it means you only need to craft it once and from then on the only thing you need to gather to sustain it is the one thing it is fueled by.

That kinda depends on the game though.

Archived