Another art thread

I made this when the gorge event was still active to add a bit of event-themed material to the thread, but I wasn't happy with him, so he just sat on my bench for months in which I slowly improved him whenever I found the time. So, here is my (very late) gorge piece that I promised several months ago!

Spoiler

I did also try to make that Wilson instruction that I promised ages ago, but erm.... there where so many images the program crashed.

IMG_0872.JPG

• Like 7

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

1. Cool! :D I think it looks perfectly fine.

2. Are you gonna make a mad scientist and fire/Re-Forge Wilson in the future?

1.At first the belt was to far out, and the hair was to high on one side. I eventually got round to fix it, but it took even longer for me to bother to photograph it.

2. Definitely. I still need to do his pig guardian skin, and I did make a normal Wilson but I forgot to photograph it and then the forge event came out, and to preserve bricks (which I do NOT need to do anymore) I just have one Wilson cycling through skins. I'm would do a fire Wilson now, however we don't know what his front half looks like.

Well, this took surprisingly little time, and all it required was some illegal techniques and lots of Ghibli soundtracks (LOTS). I was really worried the hair would go out to far, creating an uneven look (and my worries where right, sadly), but after an hour or so of screwing around I think I managed to fix it. Also, what I mean by illegal techniques is techniques that aren't allowed in official Lego sets (his goggles are just tyres with studs and then the eye piece placed in them). I'm not smuggling drugs in them or anything. So, after all that monologue, have my unexpectly early Wilson Mad Scientist Brickhead! I'm pretty happy with it, and it's next to Winona and Wilson's Snowfallen in my favorites.

IMG_0874.thumb.JPG.6e47fb90a03cbd2646e32ce403595d2f.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

A little doodle of Warbucks I did. Don't think I got his skin quite right though.

Even if you didn't, this is an excellent depiction of Warbucks, good job.

I like your work with legos too, they're cute.  Verdant Wigfrid will be fun to see!

scan0078.thumb.jpg.516abe1e8f0df04ba3e57ab83049065c.jpg

Wilba. because I can. Her skin tone didn't come through in the scan, but oh well. I would make brickheads ofher and Warbucks, but the skin tones required physically don't exist. Also, my tablet things broken, so I couldn't colour her online like I wanted to.

Drawing(3).thumb.png.bdaed3d9b2bc102befecf9f43a272b0e.png

This was an entire sheet of paper fulled with fantasy skin doodles and this Max head on the side, but the scanner cut everything but Maxwell out. dammit scanner.

Edited by Raspberry Milk
Names are confusing.
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

dammit scanner

Could you scan the whole thing as a PDF, then use an online converter to turn it into a PNG or something?

Probably not, 'cos PDF scans suck. You might be able to draw a rectangle around the whole sheet that the scanner could perceive as the "border" of the "photo". Sometimes that's necessary.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Drawing(4).thumb.png.f49451d0845177cafc763b047aee15cc.png

Somehow this enormous chipped sword is very fitting to Wilson's new skin.  It's somewhat amusing as it makes me think of all the video games where you can wield swords that are way too big. 

4 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Drawing(3).thumb.png.bdaed3d9b2bc102befecf9f43a272b0e.png

Maxwell's new skin always made me feel like he was ultra stressed-out or angry, like those might be veins throbbing with anger...

Nice job with both of them! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:
  1. scan0078.thumb.jpg.516abe1e8f0df04ba3e57ab83049065c.jpgWilba. because I can. Her skin tone didn't come through in the scan, but oh well. I would make brickheads ofher and Wagstaff, but the skin tones required physically don't exist. Also, my tablet things broken, so I couldn't colour her online like I wanted to.
  2. Drawing(3).thumb.png.bdaed3d9b2bc102befecf9f43a272b0e.pngThis was an entire sheet of paper fulled with fantasy skin doodles and this Max head on the side, but the scanner cut everything but Maxwell out. dammit scanner.
  1. You really got Wilba's spunk down in her pose. She's really cute and you managed to add to it with her open mouth,.
  2. I'm getting some Ming the Conquerer/Wizard of Oz vibes. Have to wonder what that'd be like if this version of Maxwell's floating head was in the Don't Starve unimplemented features...
46 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Damn, forgot to scan this one. Oh well, better late then never.Drawing(4).thumb.png.f49451d0845177cafc763b047aee15cc.png

Did you draw this before the big swords got implemented into the game? I'm getting Finalf Fantasy vibes.

• Thanks 1