Random Questions

Hey I was just curious about some stuff  I've been thinking about lately.

Why didn't Klei place the bee queen spawn location in the killer bee biome?

qqNXo5f.jpg

Why doesn't Maxwell's book have some unique magic spells like Wickerbottoms books?

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally are traps gay????

1 hour ago, GhostPhreak said:

because they don't want people's PCs to explode from bee overload.

1 hour ago, GhostPhreak said:

yes

9 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

Cause the killer bee biome is more of a "secondary" biome; it only has a chance to spawn, it's not guaranteed.

9 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

Why doesn't Maxwell's book have some unique magic spells like Wickerbottoms books?

I mean, Maxwell in SP started out with a purple gem, which became a little OP cause of the ease of getting a shadow manipulator. IMO it would've been nice to sorta rework that by giving Maxwell access to a handful of prototyped magic items, either just built-in or through the codex, to make up for that nerf.

And traps are not gay.

13 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

IMO it would've been nice to sorta rework that by giving Maxwell access to a handful of prototyped magic items, either just built-in or through the codex, to make up for that nerf.

Yeah, I always thought DST Maxwell should have had all the tier 1 magic unlocked from the start. Or at the very least the ability to craft a shadow manipulator from the start.

40 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, I always thought DST Maxwell should have had all the tier 1 magic unlocked from the start. Or at the very least the ability to craft a shadow manipulator from the start.

Interesting idea, in the way of Wickerbottom he would have the ability to build tier 1 magic, and he'd only need a prestihatitator to build the rest?

There's definitely some branches to building out Maxwell's full potential as a character. Right now he's just a log/mineral factory and his shadow warriors serve basically no purpose.

37 minutes ago, Cass_ said:

Interesting idea, in the way of Wickerbottom he would have the ability to build tier 1 magic, and he'd only need a prestihatitator to build the rest?

There's definitely some branches to building out Maxwell's full potential as a character. Right now he's just a log/mineral factory and his shadow warriors serve basically no purpose.

Well it's not like having all the tier one magic recipes unlocked from the start is that useful anyway. I don't think it would change how he's used all that much. It would just be nice to skip right to the shadow manipulator instead to replace the purple gem he used to start with. Personally, I don't start working on magic stuff until I have the materials for a manipulator anyway. Although being able to refine nightmare fuel from evil flowers at day 1 could be useful.

11 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

Because a killer bee field isn't guaranteed in every world. So they'd either have to make the bee queen only fightable in worlds with a killer bee field, or make the killer bee field guaranteed to generate with each world (further decreasing the variety in world generation).

11 hours ago, GhostPhreak said:

.Can I say "bussy" on the klei forums?

30 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well it's not like having all the tier one magic recipes unlocked from the start is that useful anyway. I don't think it would change how he's used all that much. It would just be nice to skip right to the shadow manipulator instead to replace the purple gem he used to start with. Personally, I don't start working on magic stuff until I have the materials for a manipulator anyway. Although being able to refine nightmare fuel from evil flowers at day 1 could be useful.

you do realize that life giving amulets are tier 1, right? and also ice staves, which make hunting significantly easier?

1 hour ago, Starlogy said:

you do realize that life giving amulets are tier 1, right? and also ice staves, which make hunting significantly easier?

And those are pretty much the only useful tier one magic items. It's not like getting a presti is difficult anyway. Just a few logs, silk and rabbits. By the time you get the gems to make those items you're likely in a position to build a presti anyway.

8 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

Cause the killer bee biome is more of a "secondary" biome; it only has a chance to spawn, it's not guaranteed.

I mean, Maxwell in SP started out with a purple gem, which became a little OP cause of the ease of getting a shadow manipulator. IMO it would've been nice to sorta rework that by giving Maxwell access to a handful of prototyped magic items, either just built-in or through the codex, to make up for that nerf.

And traps are not gay.

Not really op when the chess pieces at wooden thing always there

14 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yeah, I always thought DST Maxwell should have had all the tier 1 magic unlocked from the start. Or at the very least the ability to craft a shadow manipulator from the start

Sounds good to me, Maxwell was always a bit uselles in DST, with the only plus being sainty regeneration and his little shadows for gathering wood and rocks. 

Also, what are traps?

*Googles what are traps*

...Okay, yeah, traps are gay

22 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

And traps are not gay.

4 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

There's no wooden thing in DST, that's what I'm referring to. 

You specifically say Maxwell in SP. So your mistake, not mine. ;)

7 hours ago, Newax said:

Sounds good to me, Maxwell was always a bit uselles in DST, with the only plus being sainty regeneration and his little shadows for gathering wood and rocks.

He also has the ability to read Wickerbottom's books which is useful if you want to farm birds for feathers, meat and summon krampus. Or just passively help with gardening.

On 03/12/2017 at 9:44 AM, GhostPhreak said:

Hey I was just curious about some stuff  I've been thinking about lately.

Because they don't do good game design?

In single player, reading the book was it acting like a spell-book, where you read it, and it cast a shadow puppet. Way more simple and compact, but for some reason they decided the puppets must only be good at one job each that they do unconditionally, I'm really unsure.

They look perfectly straight to me :)

20161226162949_1.jpg.8ba44c3ed0eae84692e

Archived